News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Idina in Camp?!?!

wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
#0Idina in Camp?!?!
Posted: 2/17/05 at 10:30am

I just read that idina menzel is in the movie camp...i own the Dvd and i never noticed her...anyone know where i can find her?

How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#1re: Idina in Camp?!?!
Posted: 2/17/05 at 10:35am

She does backup vocals on some of the songs...

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

wickedfiyeroofoz
#2re: Idina in Camp?!?!
Posted: 2/17/05 at 10:37am

but she's not in the movie?

TheOneAndOnly
#3They say she does the high soprano on..
Posted: 2/17/05 at 10:38am

They say she does the high soprano background vocals on the chorus of "Want of A Nail":

...(the want of a nail)...the world was lost!

I can't really hear her on it, but whatev.

wickedfiyeroofoz
#4They say she does the high soprano on..
Posted: 2/17/05 at 10:42am

which part of the movie is that?

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#5They say she does the high soprano on..
Posted: 2/17/05 at 10:46am

It's the song that plays over the end credits.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

apdarcey
#6They say she does the high soprano on..
Posted: 2/17/05 at 10:51am

yeah, singing, she's not actually in the movie though

#7CAMP- OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS MOVIE
Posted: 2/17/05 at 11:08am

Can I just tell you again how much I love that movie.

ElTico68 Profile Photo
ElTico68
#8Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:13pm

I've heard so much about it and it's finally in my netflix cue!

Happy, smile! Sad, frown! Use the corresponding face with the corresponding emotion! - Kate (Meg Ryan), French Kiss

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#9Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:14pm

hehe i got it for xmas. it's really...entertaining

-"Have you ever considered heterosexual sex?"
-"Like..you mean, sex with a straight guy?"

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#10Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:15pm

No! It's so terrible!!!!! I warn you! The idea of the movie is far better than what it actually is.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

ElTico68 Profile Photo
ElTico68
#11Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:17pm

Really Munk? You're the first person I hear who didn't like it...

Happy, smile! Sad, frown! Use the corresponding face with the corresponding emotion! - Kate (Meg Ryan), French Kiss

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#12Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:19pm

Munk, you don't like CAMP? I won't believe it.

"Rise, rise rise, rise, RISE, RISE, RISE!, RIIIIIIIIIIISE!"

munkustrap178
#13Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:21pm

The movie is GREAT when they're having fun with it and making fun of themselves. But as soon as they bring the whole "I'm confused, am I bisexual?" and "I'm such a sad oppressed little gay boy" cliche's into the story - not to mention the worst acting I have ever seen in a movie.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#14Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:22pm

Camp.
Amazing concept.
Some brilliant moments.
"She's ****ed...I'm ready...and the show must go on"

But, overall, the execution is poor, sloppy and cliche.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

munkustrap178
#15Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:26pm

You would call the concept amazing?

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#16Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:27pm

I almost find the cliches refreshing. And there are plenty of them. But I love the movie.

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#17Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:32pm

Maybe not the concept of the story overall.
But some of the story and design concepts, particulary the parts that focused on musical theatre (the Dreamgirls sequence, The Ladies Who Lunch, the 'I'm Still Here' sequence)...all those sequences, which were hysterical, were wasted in an otherwise crappy screenplay.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Updated On: 2/17/05 at 09:32 PM

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#18Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:34pm

personally, i thought it was OKAY. not a favorite but certainly not at the bottom of my list..

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#19Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:36pm

I agree 100% with Priest. Those were the only parts I enjoyed. Otherwise the movie is fair to poor.

munkustrap178
#21Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/17/05 at 9:45pm

I hated the original music in it, but the parts with FOLLIES, DREAMGIRLS, PLAY, etc. were just hysterical. Too bad there wasn't more of them.

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#22Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/18/05 at 12:02am

Priest and munkustrap have it totally right. All the theatre allusions are a riot, and the singing is great. But when they try to throw a plot about self-discovery and confusion in there, it gets stupid. It should have just been more funny moments from theatre camp, because those were the moments that worked the best.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#23Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/18/05 at 8:41am

You guys ever been to theatre camp? I'll agree the acting wasn't superb but even the cliche moments were pretty true to what goes on in a place like that. Amazingly wrong casting choices (I mean, who'd do Follies at a camp filled with pre-teens or high schoolers at best?), awkward moments of self-discovery...I'll agree with Priest that the concept and the actual moments themselves were smartly thought-out. It's the execution that lacked.

TonyaFanatic Profile Photo
TonyaFanatic
#24Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/18/05 at 9:21am

I totally agree about the whole "gay" theme being thrown in there. I thought that if someone was looking at the movie who didnt really know about all that, would really be thrown off.I also agree about the musical numbers, Jerry mitchell's choreography in "Turkey Lurkey time" is so fun.

"Girl, this cupcake is the jumpoff"- Adriane Lenox

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#25Waiting for CAMP
Posted: 2/18/05 at 9:46am

Having went to a performing Arts High School, I can totally relate to this movie. The whole Vlad seducing Robin's character...I knew someone in high school who was just like Vlad, in the sense that he wanted all the attention, he would have gone that far, just to be loved.
I will also say, that in high school, I knew every single character in that movie. I even saw myself in one of them. That movie is realistic in many ways.
But, let's not forget the title "Camp". It has a double meaning, people!

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

Videos