pixeltracker

Don't you hate it when...........

Don't you hate it when...........

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#0Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 3:26pm

People always get the names of songs wrong? This one girl was like " I'm singing Take Me Out from Rent".

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#1re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 3:28pm

Ahhh I know what you mean!
I accidentally call it "Take Me Out" but then I get corrected and I feel SO stupid for screwing up the name.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#2re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 3:30pm

like when people call "what is this feeling?" from wicked, "loathing" ?

yeah...i can stand it tho, it doesn't matter THAT much.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

whatyouown223
#3re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 3:34pm

..but you're cool, so it doesn't matter :)

renthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
#4re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 3:49pm

or "living in america" from rent!...ahh its WHAT YOU OWN!!!

"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#5re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 4:02pm

I really hate it when people start pointless threads asking half a pointless question, followed by 15 ".....'s" so you have to open the thread to find out how pointless it is. That's what I hate.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

whatyouown223
#6re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 4:04pm

Deal. Plus, I meant to post this on the off topic board. Updated On: 3/4/05 at 04:04 PM

FindingNamo
#7re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 4:21pm

This one girl I know called "Dance: 10, Looks: 3" from The Chorus Line "Tits and Ass" and I punched her hard in the face.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#8re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 4:31pm

Updated On: 3/4/05 at 04:31 PM

insomniak
#9re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 4:34pm

I hate this almost as much as I hate to hear 'soundtrack'. I have to literally bite my tongue not to correct them. BWW has invaded my brain.

playbill_signer_05 Profile Photo
playbill_signer_05
#10re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 4:36pm

I mess up Soundtrack/Cast Recording a lot. But I almost always correct myself. I don't often mess up song titles themselves, but it doesn't bother me when people do. I see what you mean, though...

Joshua488
#11re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 4:38pm

Yes.

It pisses me off more than you can imagine.

gravity87
#12re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 4:40pm

My Voice teacher has been calling this is the Moment from Jekll and hyde "this is MY moment" I want to shake her and tell her whats its really called

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#13re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 4:45pm

My piano teacher does that! She calls The Vigil from Snoopy "Pumpkin" and it annoys me so much!

mtdonegan Profile Photo
mtdonegan
#14re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 4:47pm

Ha ha ha you should get a new voice teacher !

elphieisperky
#15re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 7:00pm

I don't like when people call "What Is This Feeling" "Loathing", or "Thank Goodness" "I Couldn't Be Happier". It's just weird. Updated On: 3/4/05 at 07:00 PM

rice and beans AND cheese
#16re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 7:12pm

If you know the play you should know the songs.

"It's a long story, althought it's kinda-of a short one." ~~ Wolfwood

LittleBitRacist Profile Photo
LittleBitRacist
#17re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 8:09pm

i agree with you all..the what is this feeling/loathing thing bugs me but i cant really get annoyed because i used to think it was called Loathing too, haha...i actually had a long conversation today, and we said it really SHOULD be called Loathing, since they say that a looot and they only say "What is this feeling" four times. correct me if im wrong, though!

elphieisperky
#18re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 8:50pm

You're right, it should be called Loathing. Same with Thank Goodness, it should be called something else. I'd settle for anything except I Couldn't Be Happier.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#19re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 8:54pm

I agree, riceandbeans... "If you know the play you should know the songs."

I also really hate it when people claim to know the musical really well... and then when you play the songs in front of them, they don't even know any of the lyrics.

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

elphieisperky
#20re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 9:01pm

I totally agree kangaroo. This girl I know is like, "I'm singing Defying Gravity for the talent show." and then she starts singing the totally wrong words. Updated On: 3/4/05 at 09:01 PM

#21re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 9:02pm

Well, the plays I know, I know all of the lyrics, but sometimes the dialog gets kinda hazy in the middle....
P.S. When I first listened to rent, i sang it like some of the lyrics on neverson babies.

Updated On: 3/4/05 at 09:02 PM

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#22re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 9:11pm

i hate it when my friends who dont know the show start to sing it cuz they hear me sing it so much and it gets stuck in their head and they sing it wrong.

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#23re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 9:15pm

"If you know the play you should know the songs"

I don't think you can really judge on how well someone knows a musical by knowing the songs. I could sit here and memorize the entire score to "Cabaret", but that doesn't mean I know all the symbolism and everything invovled with the musical. One does not need to know every song and every lyric to know a musical. There are hundreds of musicals, and thousands of songs. Messing up a name is not a big deal. As long as you know what song the person is talking about, what does it matter if it was completely correct?

#24re: Don't you hate it when...........
Posted: 3/4/05 at 9:22pm

Well, I mean if someone claims to *LOVE* a musical, but knows little about it. Or at least know some of the right lyrics if you sing it.

Videos