pixeltracker

2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???- Page 3

2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#50re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:23am

I'm not that surprised that Tim Curry didn't get the nod. He's very good in Spamalot but he doesn't shine in the same way Hank Azaria and David Hyde Pierce do. Just my opinion.

Matt Morrison! Wow! As a fan I am really happy but surprised.

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

actorgaedu Profile Photo
actorgaedu
#51re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:24am

I am kind of shocked that "Chitty" didn't get a best musical nomination. I know it is not the best show overall in my opinion, but it received practically every technical nomination out there. I believe it is at least worthy of a nomination, come on people. Every year we seem to be in the same boat with these awards and the way they overlook the good productions and perfomances and bring recognition to some dreadful moments. I give up trying to figure this all out.

Theater anywhere, anytime and with anyone. It's my passion.

MargoChanning
#52re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:25am

So who's gonna tell Matt_G that Kudisch didn't get a nomination?

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

fiesta1
#53re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:30am

Surprised about Ramirez and Pillowman not getting nominated for direction.

Pleased for Linney (Sight Unseen) and for LaChanze. I saw LaChanze in 'Color Purple' in Atlanta, and am looking forward to that transfer.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#54re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:33am

I'm happy about the nominations, and I'm espcially happy to see that Christian Borle was nominated.

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#55re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:33am

lord i dont wanna he eh he is probley gonna picket the drama desk awards

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)
Updated On: 4/28/05 at 11:33 AM

jmnpublications
#56re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:35am

I'm thrilled about DESSA ROSE. LaChanze, Rachel York, Norm Lewis, Kecia Lewis and Stephen Flaherty - all very well deserved. Very surprised about GEM OF THE OCEAN, though. Loved it and everyone in it.

lc

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#57re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:35am

Corinnie, can you please explain to us why UNDER THE BRIDGE was "egregiously overlooked?" Are you behind this in any way?

PEACE.

wendy72 Profile Photo
wendy72
#58re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:37am

Yeah for Norbs and the rest of the DRS nominees--nothing for Jack O'Brien??

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
sweetiedarlinmia
#59re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:42am

WHAT.THE.HECK!?!?! WHY DO THEY CONTINUALLY SNUB GEM OF THE OCEAN? I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#60re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:42am

I'm not surprised about Tim Curry at all. He was King Arthur, and he did a very good job. But he and his character were kind of stiff. It is true that he didn't shine the way David Hyde Peirce and Hank Azaria did.

I'm surprised, but not really upset that Sara Ramirez wasn't nominated. Everybody seemed to ADORE her, and I thought she was ok and everything, but I didn't think she was anything all that special.

I am THRILLED that Christian Borle has been recognized through a nomination for his woork in Spamalot, b/c he's so overshadowed by the DHP, Hank Azaria, Tim Curry, and Sara Ramirez and just LOVED him. Yay for him! re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

Mattio98
#61re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:48am

Does anybody have any stats or examples about people winning TONYs despite not being nominated for a Drama Desk?

cathyhyatt
#62re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:49am

where the hell is kelli o'hara for feautured actress!?!?!

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#63re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 11:58am

Rashad's omission is very surprising and dissapointing. And ditto FROGS, but I somehow expected that.

But I'm THRILLED that Judy Kaye was remembered.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#64re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:01pm

Congratulations Norm Lewis and Matt Morrison!
re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???

andyf
#65re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:05pm

Did anybody else not even finish reading them?

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#66re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:09pm

Liev Schreiber was so good in Glengarry Glen Ross. I really thought he'd get a nomination.

MargoChanning
#67re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:15pm

Since they decided to honor the entire Glengarry revival ensemble, Scheiber and the rest were not individually nominated.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

JbaraFan1
#68re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:17pm

Congrats to all the nominees! I'm happy with the ones DRS got, naturally ... and extra-naturally, extra-happy about Gregory Jbara's nomination! Go, Greg!!!!

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#69re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:17pm

Margo I understand, Alan Alda was nominated though

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#70re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:19pm

NOOOOORRRRMMM!!! congrats to all the Dessa nominees! Sure, a few deserving people were overlooked here as with all of these theatre awards. But isn't it better to have a surplus of good work that deserves honoring than to have barely enough to fill out the categories? I know that I find the Pulitzer Prize race a lot less upsetting than the MTV Video Music Awards.

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#71re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:19pm

awww i love you Altar Boyz!!! way to nab the Noms everyone respects!!!

MargoChanning
#72re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:23pm

Alda was nominated? Where?

Pinky Profile Photo
Pinky
#73re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:32pm

Norbie...re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions??? You all know I'd love that!

and woohoo to Norm Lewis...

Penn State Forever!!!!

Chote887 Profile Photo
Chote887
#74re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
Posted: 4/28/05 at 12:41pm

I'm glad several Dessa Rose cast members got their well deserved recognition. Unfortunately, it's sad that this is all they will get in terms of awards or formal acknowledgement.