Model Prisoner or Civilian?

freelancer Profile Photo
freelancer
#0Model Prisoner or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:10pm

So, all you Rentheads and Adam Pascal devotees, which one should I get? I can only afford one.

ETA - Thanks for letting me know I got the title wrong!

"I'm gonna jump straight up, kick a hole in the moon. Don't know exactly where I'm going, but I'm know I'm gonna get there soon." - Jerry Lukowski (Patrick Wilson) in "The Full Monty"
Updated On: 5/10/05 at 09:10 PM

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#1re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:12pm

Do you mean Model Prisoner? Get both! I would start with Model Prisoner, though.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:13pm

Well I like CIvilian better but if you get the other one, it's Model Prisoner, not Model Soldier. They're both pretty good.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#3re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:14pm

who would I save in a fire, my cat or my dog? re: Model Soldier or Civilian?

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#4re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:16pm

*has mental breakdown from trying to choose one* :-P I personally love both but maybe I like the slightly more raw feel of Model Prisoner. I don't know, I love both too much to decide. :-P

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#5re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:20pm

Both.

Here's why. They're REALLY different. Genre-wise, Model Prisoner is sort of all over the place, and all about Adam exploring his abilities as a musician. Because he's totally found his niche with Civilian, if you've heard Model Prisoner, you can appreciate it far more. Model Prisoner has tries at lots of different kind of music, and a lot of more "rock" stuff that he can really scream the sh*t out of. Civilian is a little gentler, but he did a great job writing it, and you can see the progression in how much better he's gotten. His lyrics are interesting, intriguing and sometimes a little bit unnerving, but he's amazingly talented.

IF you can only get one, my vote goes to Civilian. It's gorgeous and slightly more cohesive; he has a lot to be proud of.

And YAAAAAAY for the Adam love.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 5/10/05 at 09:20 PM

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#6re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:23pm

I actually like "Prisoner" better for some reason. It was just a lot easier for me to get into.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

luvtheEmcee
#7re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:24pm

To Model Prisoner's credit, Just Here to the Left of You is on it, and that song - for several reasons - very much rocks my proverbial socks. I can never fall asleep to music, but a lot of the stuff on it is incredibly relaxing, too. I love falling asleep to that CD.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#8re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:27pm

Because in a way, when you do that, you're sleeping with Adam.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

luvtheEmcee
#9re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:27pm

In a very distant way, yes.

re: Model Soldier or Civilian?

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#10re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:28pm

MP...

It's nice and relaxing...and as Matt and Em pointed out, Em has no problem sleeping with Adam.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#11re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:28pm

Civilian!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

broadwaystar2b
#12re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:29pm

The Model Prisoner t-shirt is a great one to sleep in as well re: Model Soldier or Civilian?

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#13re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:30pm

The Model Prisoner t-shirt is a great one to sleep in as well

But as already said, not as good as sleeping with the real thing...

...the CD I mean...

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#14re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:38pm

Still I Can't Be Still.

Kidding...Well, not really, but that didn't answer your question. re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Updated On: 5/10/05 at 09:38 PM

broadwaystar2b
#15re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:44pm

BroadwayGirl107, although I love SICBS, as an album as a whole, Here is much better
But that doesn't answer the question

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#16re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:46pm

Model Prisoner has a preponderance of love songs, some of them rockers and some gentle and folkish. Civilian is more... dramatic, I guess, and has a greater variety of subject matter, including some beautiful songs to his kids. It's a toss-up as far as I'm concerned.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#17re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:47pm

No, no. Still is much more eccentric and shows more versatility (not to mention more music). I guess it's better to introduce someone to her through Here, though.

Aha...I'm such a threadjacker.

AnotherDay46 Profile Photo
AnotherDay46
#18re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:12pm

Ah yes sleeping in an Adam T-shirt is very fullfilling...

Personally I love them both, but I think Civilian beats Model Prisoner.

Dreamcatcher
#19re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:45pm

The only thing that sort of bugged me about Civilian was all the backup vocals. I mean they were nice but the reason I bought the CD was to hear Adam and it kind of took away from it at times especially since his voice is definitly strong enough to not need the backups. Just a tiny thing that kinda annoyed me although not enough to say that I disliked the CD for it. Still had great songs and instrumentals.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

luvtheEmcee
#20re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:57pm

I don't really dislike the backups, it's just a bit to get used to when you're so used to hearing him on show recordings, where he's alone a lot.

Dreamcatcher
#21re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:09pm

Yeah that's probably what it is for me. I love hearing him alone in RENT or Aida and so the backups were almost invasive the first time. :-P Oh well, as I said, the more used to them I get the more I enjoy it.

lesserworm
#22re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/11/05 at 1:00am

Here's a simple solution: Buy one, download the other.

Or for a more legal route, iTunes music store has full CD's for cheaper than going to an actual record store.

So now you've met the court of 364, and if you ever wish to come...don't.

Racetrack Profile Photo
Racetrack
#23re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/11/05 at 1:07am

Good idea!

"The weight of this sad time we must obey, Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say. The oldest hath borne most; we that are young Shall never see so much, nor live so long"-Edgar in King Lear

luvtheEmcee
#24re: Model Soldier or Civilian?
Posted: 5/11/05 at 1:22am

nooooooooo!

Videos