musicals only you seem to like

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#0musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 11:46am

Going in the opposite direction of the "musicals only you seem to dislike thread," which shows do you love that no one else really likes?

For me, it's Pippin. My whole family and all my theater friends hate Pippin, but I absolutely adore the show. I've seen it twice, and fell in love with the original cast recording.

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#1re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 11:54am

Not on this board, but in my "real life" I don't get a lot of agreement for my love of Jesus Christ SuperStar, and I think it's because my friends are snobs when it comes to AW.

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#2re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 11:55am

Seussical
The Boy From Oz. I saw it with my dad and a good friend of mine. They both loved Hugh, but thought the show was only okay, but I liked the show.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

MyDreamsRecurring
#3re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:23pm

I don't get a lot of agreement for my love of Jesus Christ SuperStar, and I think it's because my friends are snobs when it comes to AW.
yeah i get a lot of that snobbery too
ive just learned to love all types of musicals. yay for your love of jcs

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

RentBoy86
#4re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:28pm

RENT.

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#5re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:29pm

good vibrations

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

Roxie_Hart
#6re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:43pm

Oklahoma! Or as one of my theatre teachers used to call it, "Okla-Blow-Me." re: musicals only you seem to like

Ashley

dietcherryemma
#7re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:43pm

I could have sworn there was another thread just like this a week or two ago... but I can't find it, so i'll go again!

Phantom (Yeston/Kopit)

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#8re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:47pm

Well I know I'm not completely alone, even many Sondheim fans don't like Passion.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

courtneyanne Profile Photo
courtneyanne
#9re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:49pm

The Boy From Oz.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#10re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:50pm

Mmmm Passion. One of my favorite scores ever.

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#11re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:57pm

Sunset Blvd.
Jane Eyre
Baby

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#12re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:05pm

Seussical
Passion
Hello Again
In Trousers
and, unfortunately, because I ushered it 13 times in Chicago, Mama Mia! (such a guilty pleasure)

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#13re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:24pm

My Life With Albertine

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#14re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:25pm

LEGS DIAMOND

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

Georgeanne Profile Photo
Georgeanne
#15re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:27pm

Passion.
Jesus Christ Superstar (which one of the few ALW musicals I like).

Me, I like to live.
Me, I like to laugh.
Me, I like to love.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#16re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:43pm

courtneyanne.. I loved The Boy From Oz!

and rentboy86 I love RENT!!

Little Women didnt' seem to be pretty popular

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

kombatkoala
#17re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:52pm

I love so many!

Les Miserables
Rent
Wicked (Don't kill me)
Little Women
BKLYN
Spamalot
... Updated On: 7/5/05 at 03:52 PM

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#18re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:54pm

Oh oh oh: add Little Women to my list! I'm not one for "cute" shows, but I saw it twice and loved it!

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 7/5/05 at 03:54 PM

life_so_far Profile Photo
life_so_far
#19re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:00pm

How can anyone not love Oklahoma?

Anyways, only one of my friends likes The Full Monty with me... I tried to convert some of my other friends but alas... it was useless.

Mujhse Dosti Karoge?

AJ--Law Profile Photo
AJ--Law
#20re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:07pm

dietcherryemma--I loved Phantom by Yeston/Kopit--it ran for a year in Minnesota. Whenever I mention it, hardly anyone has heard of it.

Other:
Sunset Blvd.
Updated On: 7/5/05 at 04:07 PM

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#21re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:14pm

CATS re: musicals only you seem to like
No one else likes it but me re: musicals only you seem to like

London Boy Profile Photo
London Boy
#22re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:18pm

I'm the only person i know who likes musicals. It's a lonely exsistance.

"the cottagers at Rotherhithe knew something of his name. From Hammersmith to Putney people shuddered at his name" - Growltiger's Last Stand

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#23re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:19pm

THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL
SEESAW
PLAIN AND FANCY
PIPE DREAM
WISH YOU WERE HERE
A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!
Updated On: 7/5/05 at 04:19 PM

MyDreamsRecurring
#24re: musicals only you seem to like
Posted: 7/5/05 at 9:28pm

"I could have sworn there was another thread just like this a week or two ago... but I can't find it, so i'll go again!"

Yeah, I searched and couldn't find one- so i started this
*hides from all the jerks on this board*

Videos