pixeltracker

IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO- Page 2

IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#25re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 4:04pm

People who are worried about Rent closing anytime soon are silly people. It has a couple years left in it, and I think the movie will inspire people to revisit the show.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#26re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 4:05pm

now will DRV be in the reunion i mean she is too old to do the movie apperintly

jam_man
#27re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 4:07pm

They've reportedly already signed the ENTIRE opening night cast for the reunion show. They're even trying to sign the opening night band to play, as well.

"Who is Stephen Sondheim?" -roninjoey
"The man who wishes he had written Phantom of the Opera!" - SueleenGay

GO CARDINALS!!!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#28re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 4:07pm

She'll be in the reunion - it's the ENTIRE OBC. It doesn't matter what they LOOK like for a reunion concert, as it does for a movie. Obvious, isn't it?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#29re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 4:09pm

Eek...I don't think I would be able to handle DRV for the reunion show...count me out.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#30re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 4:09pm

There is no way Rent is going to close before the movie opens or even the 10th year anniversary planned for April 2006. It would be marketing suicide.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#31re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 4:10pm

Emcce i don't care i was just beign a bitch...if you haevn't noticed everything i say abotu Rent is synical

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#32re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 4:12pm

Phantom has been basically selling out ever since the movie opened. Prior to that, it was really struggling. The Rent movie should at least have that much of an effect, because it seems as if the material has been beautifully adapted (from what I can tell from the trailers).

". . . POP . . ."
Updated On: 8/5/05 at 04:12 PM

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#33re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 4:49pm

BWayBaby, what the hell's your problem? If you don't like RENT, you don't have to come to a thread about the show and add absolutely NOTHING to the discussion.

RENT closing rumers have been around forever because ever since the first OBC member left, there has been someone to complain that the cast now "sucks". September is a rough month for shows and every September there is usually a "RENT closing" thread. But summer is always good for Broadway and right now the show is in good shape. Like others have said, this show will stay open at LEAST two more years, but i'm hoping it can beat Cats
re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#34re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 4:52pm

I don't think I said anything specifically to you, BwayBaby. (P.S. it's 'cynical.')

A work of art is an invitation to love.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#35re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 5:00pm

I am seeing the show again in the fall because of the movie. And I think the movie will hit a wider audience and create a new one for the show for awhile.

Just give the world Love.

jstabwaybabi Profile Photo
jstabwaybabi
#36re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:03pm

oh mannnnn...you guys gotta chill out and enjoy Rent while its here and not fawn over when its closing or when its not closing. im sure whoever closes it will give you enough time to go see it again...i wouldnt worry too much.

i trust my soul...my only goal is just to be.

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#37re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:04pm

This is off topic, but I don't want to start ANOTHER Rent thread...

My friend's friend is in NYC this week, and she saw Rent and loved it... but she said that they cut some of Seasons of Love/that it was shorter? I didn't think that sounded likely to me... :-/ Is she just confused? Or what?

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#38re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:09pm

"Rent doesn't take stars..... Joey Fatone, Scary Spice, Drew Lachey"

Exactly. They don't take stars. re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#39re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:09pm

I have a feeling she doesn't know what she's talking about, loudasthehelliwant :0)

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#40re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:11pm

Oh, that sucks!
RENT is my favorite show on bway right now.
gar.

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#41re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:13pm

I hope Rent does well after the movie. If it has the same effect like Phantom or Chicago, then it will. *Phantom love*

LuvBroadwayHugs
#42re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:13pm

Sort of off the topic, but does anyone know when Matt Caplan is leaving the show? I'm going at the end of this month and I'd like to see him again.

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#43re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 6:14pm

Thanks, Pinguin. That's what I thought. Maybe she came in late after intermission and only saw Seasons B?

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#44re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 9:14pm

Caplan's got himself an open ended contract. Cary is leaving in January. They're amazing together.

and regarding the "stars..."

the grosses are higher without those people then with them.

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#45re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 9:58pm

It'll stay probably 2 more years after the movie comes out. Unless it sweeps the Oscars like Chicago did (which I hope it does), it will last a couple more years. The film, IMO, will be a phenomenon among audiences but whether it will pass as a film version among critics is yet to be seen. :-/

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#46re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 10:20pm

“I'm gonna be really optimstic hopefully it will get totally shafted”- another thread

“You people just got my hopes up, i am waiting for that closing notice!”

“i would throw the biggest party”

“Emcce i don't care i was just beign a bitch...if you haevn't noticed everything i say abotu Rent is synical”

No, everything you say about Rent isn't synical. It isn't even cynical. Obnoxious, annoying and poorly executed-- yes, but not "synical". Try again.

#47re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 10:38pm

Let's hope so.....

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#48re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 10:50pm

This from someone who sports an avatar from THAT BIG OL' FLOP "Side Show". Yeah. uh-huh. Whatever.

#49re: IS RENT CLOSING OR WHAT? YES OR NO
Posted: 8/5/05 at 10:54pm

Marquise, your avatar...who dat! Yummy!