pixeltracker

RENT "i mean what does one wear..?"- Page 2

RENT "i mean what does one wear..?"

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#25re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 9:54am

I've been looking for an occasion to wear my catsuit....

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#26re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 10:12am

LMFAO,

If i only had a cat suit.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#27re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 10:32am

Inappropriate, sure. But oh, it'll happen.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#28re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 10:58am

i'm under 17 and i'm going as Mimi (if i can find those blue pants...and if my mom lets me) i would be a good Mimi =). I think I can pull it off and not look whore-ish, if not i'll go as Angel in the santa suit.

Wax Lion Profile Photo
Wax Lion
#29re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:01am

Wax Lion says to not forget your baby giraffe print boots.

Love,
Wax Lion

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#30re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:16am

oh i wont. although i feel compelled to remind you of that, being 4 inches tall and all..must be hard to find your Mark outfit. :)

Updated On: 8/12/05 at 11:16 AM

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#31re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:17am

My friend and I, both girls, I think are going as Mark and Roger, or just dressing up in Rent-the show- attire, like the Broadway shirt or something. We're making it a big event though..on the 23rd since we're not in NYC. *sigh*

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

musicnmath
#32re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:33am

regarding dressing up as Mimi: "I think I can pull it off and not look whore-ish"

this comment is intersting. I love Mimi as much as the next person...but how do you dress as Mimi (at least from the stage version) and *not* look whorish. Admittedly, the movie appears to have dressed her slightly more appealingly when she's not at the club...

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#33re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:42am

i'm not going to dress up like she is in the movie-- the stage version w/ the blue pants and i'm probably going to wear a tank top instead of a bellyshirt and i wont wear heavy make up. I'm not even sure I will dress up as her, I might do Angel. And also, certain people look different wearing the same thing. One girl could look slutty wearing a tight shirt and another girl woulnt, it just depends on your body type.

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#34re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:46am

Oooh I'm hoping I can get to the Broadway Flea Market and score a really great (cheap!) RENT costume peice to wear for the movie! Woohoo!!

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

alli2
#35re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:50am

"cheap" Rent costume from the flea market? yeah, that boat sailed in '99-'00. Nothing is really that cheap there anymore.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#36re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 12:05pm

I'm still hung up on the fact that you people are serious! Tres Tack-ay!!!

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

jeremykushnier1fan
#37re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 2:43pm

Why not? Dress up, have some fun with life, who cares tacky or not.

-Still going to try the female Roger

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#38re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 2:47pm

I'm going dressed as Elphaba

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

jeremykushnier1fan
#39re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 2:56pm

Hell why not.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#40re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 3:07pm

Or a Storm Trooper....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Theaterlover2 Profile Photo
Theaterlover2
#41re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 7:34pm

I'm just wearing my black RENT tee, and I realllly wanna find a blue and white striped Mark scarf. I've looked everywhere. Does anyone know where I could find one?
And broadway flea market?? I've never heard of that. That's awesome.

This is wanting something This is reaching for it This is wishing that a moment would arrive- LITP everybody goes down well with beer!-sweeney Todd Listen to the stories Hear it in the songs Angry men don't write the rules and guns don't right the wrongs!-Assassins

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#42re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 8:55pm

I was also gonna go with my leather catsuit, but I think I'll just stick to my souvenir RENt t-shirt.

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#43re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 9:08pm

I'm going to make myself the Maureen 'Over the Moon' pants from the show (with all of the stars on them) or just wear plaid pants (even though neither of those clothing items are in the show).

I think I'll go with plaid, and wear my black and white striped scarf then wear my RENT t-shirt.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#44re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 9:10pm

I'm going in the nude. I'm not going to get all dressed up in my expensive clothes.. That's not what Rent is all about, right?

forget regret <3 Profile Photo
forget regret <3
#45re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 9:13pm

my friends and i are dressing up too.... not sure who i'll be yet though. i'll probably end up being angel because thats who i am in our rent cast (my friends and i make up casts of shows with ourselves... does anyone else do that?) even though i'm a girl... hahare: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'

and wonderboy-- we want to dress up because we're crazy theatre obsessed freaks and we don't care what others think. agreed?re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'

"forget regret <3, I love your post.....you give me hope for the next generation!" -Elphaba

nychick9876 Profile Photo
nychick9876
#46re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/12/05 at 11:30pm

my friend and i are dressing up. i can knit so i made both of us a "Mark" scarf. i'm wearing my Rent t-shirt. and i might try to dress a little like mimi or maureen but i'm deffinately doing something rent-like. my friend is going as mark.

sometimes i think my head is so big because it is so full of dreams- the elephant man

Kicks8567
#47re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 9:52am

Any ideas where to buy a "Mark costume?"

Theaterlover2 Profile Photo
Theaterlover2
#48re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 11:01am

Yes, I second the: Where can you find a Mark costume? Mostly I just want a scarf. I'm really surprised that most stores I checked out really don't have the scarf I'm looking for (and yes I have looked in wintertime)

This is wanting something This is reaching for it This is wishing that a moment would arrive- LITP everybody goes down well with beer!-sweeney Todd Listen to the stories Hear it in the songs Angry men don't write the rules and guns don't right the wrongs!-Assassins

LuvBroadwayHugs
#49re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 11:42am

I got my Mark esque scarf on ebay. Try there. Granted, I bought it a while ago, you never know what you'll find.

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥