pixeltracker

Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?- Page 2

Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?

Blair
#25re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/20/05 at 11:46pm

I'm going to go with the extremely typical answer of Brooklyn.

kasim Profile Photo
kasim
#26re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/20/05 at 11:49pm

In all honesty thre was one musical i hated but i cant remember the name of it now.

But i think i mainly hated it because we were in the VERY last row, far left, and i had left my glasses at home.

So i dont remember much of it :)

#27re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/20/05 at 11:50pm

Nope- I dont go to shows I dont like. re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#28re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/20/05 at 11:50pm

I saw a production of Pirates of Penzance that I just couldn't get into for the life of me. And Oklahoma as well... just didn't do it for me, at all.

and i second, third, fourth... whatever it is, for BKLYN.

PerforMeg Profile Photo
PerforMeg
#29re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/20/05 at 11:54pm

The Boy From Oz was two hours of my life that I'd desperately like back. Especially because they felt like five hours. The book was weak and I am not a fan of Peter Allen's songs. And the supporting characters came and went so quickly you had no time to care about them.That little kid was pretty fierce though, and of course Hugh was wonderful. I might have had to slit my wrists were it not for him.

The Little Shop revival did not do it for me either. Everyone but Hunter looked over it.

I saw La Cage in it's second preview and kinda wanted to leave at intermission. They were not ready to be in performance and I was a little bitter that I paid to see what seemed like a dress rehearsal-Gary Beach screwed up "I Am What I Am" and looked at the conductor-and every actor flubbed their lines. But from what I hear it got much better. Probably just a rough night.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#30re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/20/05 at 11:55pm

Platinum
A Doll's Life
Frankenstein
Bring Back Birdie
Six Dance Lessons In Six Weeks
King of Hearts
Angel

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

TheHumanTorch Profile Photo
TheHumanTorch
#31re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/20/05 at 11:57pm

I've never seen a broadway production of The Music Man, but having seen it regionally more than once, I really just do not care for the show.

But, i was not at all wowed by the Fiddler on the Roof revival, it was good... but it could've been so much better, and I nearly fell asleep during Far From the Home I Love, which usually is my favorite song in the show.

insomniak
#32re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/20/05 at 11:57pm

CATS, definetly.

Producers was overhyped, but not bad.

#33re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/20/05 at 11:58pm

I liked Brooklyn

.... dont kill me!

tagiunagi
#34re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 12:34am

DRS was almost as bad as the tour of Some Like it Hot with Tony Curtis as the old man.

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

smartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
#35re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 12:41am

Could we please stop appologizing for every opinion, ok some people are going to say oh I loved DRS (or whatever show) that doesn't mean you need to appologize for your own expression of dislike. It just gets anoying.

I loved DRS and hated Spamalot, I know many people will disagree but they are not in my head so I have no need to appologize.

Stand by your opinions, own your comments! re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?

I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.

timote316
#36re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 12:48am

I've been bored during national tours three times:

1. Lion King - the first time I saw it, I was bored out of my mind. I saw it with friends a little while later, and loved it.
2. Phantom of the Opera - again, bored to death the first time. The second time was slightly more entertaining, but only because Rebecca Pitcher wasn't ear-splittingly shrill, but it was still bad.
3. The Producers - I saw the show in NY with Matthew and Nathan and loved it. I saw it in Boston and hated it.

I was also disappointed with Wicked in NY, but I still liked it.

YankeesFan175
#37re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 12:54am

patronus....i lasted through a little over half an hour of the phantom movie, so im glad i wasted $5 instead of $100 in finding out i didnt like it.

and i havent actually seen it, but i do not like fiddler at all. i lasted through 3:18 of prologue/tradition.

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~
Updated On: 8/21/05 at 12:54 AM

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#38re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 1:41am

I actually bought a copy of the Poto movie at a local video store for $5.99.

Cheaper than Nytol and 300 times more effective. re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#39re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 2:20am

DRACULA was terrible, but I still enjoyed it a lot. I wasn't so hot on RENT though.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#40re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 2:24am

"Nope- I dont go to shows I dont like."

How do you know you don't like it if you don't go?

BKLYN and STOOP ON ORCHARD STREET

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#41re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 2:24am

Movin' Out
Dracula
Phantom of the Opera
Jeckyll & Hyde

You couldn't PAY me to see those shows ever again!

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#42re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 2:27am

I LOATH Rent, i couldn't believe i wasted 60 dollars to see that..

I wasn't too keen on La Cage, i hated Gary Beach. The guys and the book were/are great though!

Blue J
#43re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 2:28am

The Producers. I saw the tour of it and although it was entertaining, I can't say I walked away actually liking it.

AnotherDay46 Profile Photo
AnotherDay46
#44re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 2:53am

Hated...Brooklyn... >_>

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#45re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 3:24am

Someone hear wrote that GYPSY was boring ???? All I can say is it must have been a dreadful production because GYPSY has one of the tightest, fastest moving books in all musical theatre. What in the world were you expecting if teh show disappointed that much? Ahh well.

Shows I hate:

CATS
STARLIGHT EXPRESS
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
BEAUTIFUL GAME (based on OCR only..not seen the show)
SUNSET BLVD (one of the worst shows I have ever seen)

do we sense a trend here?

Others I saw once but have no desire to see again:

THE ACT
THE MAGIC SHOW
JEKYLL & HYDE
AIDA
WICKED

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

#46re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 3:27am

Evita
The King and I-i think it was just the cast i saw...

and i agree with stagebeauty about the producers, i enjoyed it, but after all the hype about it, i was expecting a lot more.

and people might hate me-but i despise the stage verion of chicago-but i love the music, and movie.

Emilia Profile Photo
Emilia
#47re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 5:46am

one word: CATS I sat there willing there to be a plot, came back after intermission thinking something anything would happen but... no.

That's the only show i've really wished I had left. I didn't really 'get' what was so great about Jesus Christ Superstar either, that said it was still not a count-the-minutes- until-it-ends show.

'It was six hours! I don't even like to have sex or eat bacon for six hours!' 'You are faboulous creatures each and every one'

Sant
#48re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 9:08am

This is not a Broadway show or Tour show, but a show that was in London's West End.

NOTRE DAME DE PARIS

I was interested in seeing it. And I ended up TOTALLY HATING it!!

Buscee
#49re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 9:43am

Hated "The News" starring Jeff Conaway..saw the opening and closing performance, that was easy coz it was the same performance.

Hated "Private Lives" starring Burton and Taylor...bad production.

But the worst of all was Suzanne Somers in THE BLOND AND THE THUNDERBIRD....DREADFUL