Rent?

moowithme111105 Profile Photo
moowithme111105
#0Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:32pm

How many people have seen rent? if so, did you like it?

Magical_Ms._Mistoffeles_72 Profile Photo
Magical_Ms._Mistoffeles_72
#1re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:34pm

I have not seen RENT because the night I was going to go see it, I had a show of my own to do. But, I do own the soundtrack and I quite enjoy listening to it. Hopefully I'll getg another chance to see it.

Join me on journey that is the development of my first musical! Twitter/Insta @gimpymusical FB: Gimpy The Musical email @gimpymusical@gmail.com for more info!

jam_man
#2re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:36pm

Someone wants to have a REALLY, REALLY, long thread.

But I'll bite. I've seen it, though only the non-Equity tour, and loved it.

"Who is Stephen Sondheim?" -roninjoey
"The man who wishes he had written Phantom of the Opera!" - SueleenGay

GO CARDINALS!!!

jam_man
#3re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:39pm

Oh, and Ms. Mistoffeles, Rent's soundtrack hasn't been released yet. Soundtracks are for movies. Broadway show albums are called "cast recordings." Had to do it.

"Who is Stephen Sondheim?" -roninjoey
"The man who wishes he had written Phantom of the Opera!" - SueleenGay

GO CARDINALS!!!

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#4re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:45pm

hi moowithme. I just saw your avatar of the mazing Greg Jbara. He's not The French Dude. He's Greg Jbara....

I Loooved RENT.

<----- Greg

Updated On: 9/17/05 at 12:45 PM

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#5re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:46pm

LOVE RENT.. if you wanna hear the soundtrack..theyre are clips up on the movie site.. www.sonypictures.com/movies/rent/audioplayer.

moowithme111105
#6re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:47pm

Sorry, i had the french dude caption when i sent it to my friend.

AnotherDay46 Profile Photo
AnotherDay46
#7re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:47pm

Rent ^___^ I love that show. And MANY people have seen it...

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#8re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:49pm

It's ok, I forgive you. re: Rent?. I'm just a crazy GregHead. Check out the OT board for his love thread...part 2! his webcams on today and you should definitely check it out if you have the chnce! starts in maybe 45 minutes. www.gregoryjbara.com/drs_gregcam.html

Anywho... I've never spoken to a person who hasn't liked RENT. I'm not saying there aren't any. But the majority of people who've seen it have loved it.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#9re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:49pm

I've seen it. A lot.

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#10re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:53pm

Thankfully, I saw the show for free. I am NOT a fan.

I don't like the show, and I know a couple others who don't. We exist, I promise.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????
Updated On: 9/17/05 at 12:53 PM

moowithme111105
#11re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:56pm

I've seen it six times, 2 with Drew in it, and the rest with the current cast.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#12re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 12:58pm

I've only seen it once. re: Rent?. A couple weeks ago. But my lord it was amazing.

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#13re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 1:02pm

I am waiting to see the movie first (Just for the OBC) and then will see it on Broadway right after. The music is fantastic.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#14re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 1:04pm

gee. Well, yeah. re: Rent? *hand shoots up*

A work of art is an invitation to love.

moowithme111105
#15re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 1:18pm

What's everybody's favorite scene?

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#16re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 1:37pm

I've seen it 50+ times live, another 25 or so on coughvideofootwearcough and heard approximately 300+ coughaudiofootwearcough performances.

I first saw the OBC in 1996 and last saw the show live in 1999.

There is a long story about my history with Rent which has been posted here before.

Updated On: 9/17/05 at 01:37 PM

LariTheLoud Profile Photo
LariTheLoud
#17re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 1:48pm

I've certainly seen it. And, of course, loved it.

"Oh, good. After all, I can rub my stomach and pat my head at the same time, and I can do it with my eyes closed while whistling 'The Entertainer.' That's rhythm for you." ~ Snaps, proving that White Boys CAN have rhythm

hak Profile Photo
hak
#18re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 4:53pm

75+ times w/ various casts [OBC- ANGEL tour cast- BENNY tour cast- CANADIAN cast]

of course seeing it that many times, i must have some fondness for it. can't wait to see the film....

and, yes there are peeps who do not like the show.. my friend Linda hated it. she said she couldn't relate to it because she isn't a "Lesbian Drug Addict with AIDS" [some people have small minds]

#19re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 4:59pm

I have, it was great and I want to see it at least once again during the times when I'll be up in NYC this fall.

#20re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 5:05pm

But I definitely think that if you're planning to see Rent that if it's convenient you should see it on Broadway first, that way you'll have something to compare the movie to. After all, the Broadway was the original that started everything and I'm glad I saw it before I see the movie.

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#21re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 5:12pm

I've only seen it once. The tour last October, it was amazing. I desperatly want to see it again, but I don't know if the tour is ever gonna come back here any time soon and I live in Canada, no where near New York re: Rent? You guys are so lucky who have seen it over 50 times! lol, I hope its on Broadway long enough for me to see it a lot more times.

#22re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 7:26pm

it is my life

xrent_headx Profile Photo
xrent_headx
#23re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 7:32pm

I have seen RENT twice !! once in NYC on broadway and once in Canada ...the TOUR... i loved them both ...RENT has always been my life and its my dream to be in RENT although i cannot sing haha

- I might be smart - No day but today

today4u:proofpositiv
#24re: Rent?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 7:35pm

saw it twice too (once on tour and once in NYC). Best show i've seen so far!!

Videos