But I'm a Cheerleader!

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#25re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 8:04am

How do I know the name John Hill? What else has he done?

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#26re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:16am

He was in "Bare" and also played Hugh Jackman's boyfriend in "The Boy from Oz".

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

crazy smiles Profile Photo
crazy smiles
#27re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 9:42am

In my morning whinny mood: I WANT TICKETS TO THIS!!!
Well, if any of you who are unable to go to your shows just drop me a pm, because I would love to see this.
Okay its over.

NJgirl
#28re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:51am

Saw it Saturday afternoon and LOVED it...as did 5 of my friends who went with me. Even my mom loved it. :) Can't say enough about it. Im thrilled the NY times review was sooo positive. It's very encouraging for the show. The reviewer was practically sitting in front of me taking notes the whole time!

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#29re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 3:08pm

I'm so happy about that NY Times review. It's really nice to hear something positive out of the Times after almost everything I support, they trash.

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#30re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 3:11pm

That Times review has made me very happy.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

BroadwayBaby21
#31re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 3:20pm

I'm insanely jealous of everyone who saw this! I love the movie, and wish I could see the play! :)

But i'm glad everyone enjoyed it!

-If you don't like your fate, change it. You are your own master.- Aida

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#32re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 4:24pm

Congrats to a show that will inevitably and deservedly be a huge hit!

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#33re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:30pm

Rave on broadway.com!!

NJgirl
#34re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 10:46pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=86153

here's the link the the broadway.com rave :)

I hope that link works!

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#35re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:47pm

This is so exciting!

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#36re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:54pm

I saw this show on Sunday night. I was right infront of all of the people from the movie. I have to say that I absolutely loved it. I had so much fun. I wish I could see it again. I hope it has a lfie after the fetsival.

We've all got our junk and my junk is you!

JayKid Profile Photo
JayKid
#37re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 1:10am

Yay my post has more opinions on the show! And glad to see those who saw it enjoyed it and that it is getting good reviews as well.

JRB, crazy... one thing I noticed was everyone was much older than me and my friend. Me and her are only 18 lol, actually she's even 17 I think... the majority of the audience was adults which I didn't expect.

I'm so glad I got a chance to see this tho and HOPE HOPE HOPE it goes somewhere else, cuz it was awesome. The cast especially, the show itself was great, but I think most who saw it can agree that the cast is what made it the best it could be.

Curious, for those who were there... remember some kid with a lightishblue/brownstriped button down shirt, shortish and brown hair lol??? With a girl with a hat on... haha, also I gave an extra ticket of mine to someone who had come I guess with hopes to get one from someone who didn't come or what not. So I also asked the crowd of people outside waiting if anyone needed an extra ticket.

I just am curious if anyone remembers me lol. I actually think I was most likely the youngest male there, or that's what it seemed like.

Oh well, just glad everyone liked the show and hopin to here the review from (username slips my mind).

But also, did Rock (John Hill?) remind anyone of Napolean Dynamite a bit? I dunno, just his attitude and way of speaking really reminded me of it.

Anyway, I type way ****in too much, so I'm done now haha.

JasonGreen
#38re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 1:29am

I think the reason most of the audience seems "older" is because they're either prospective backers, fellow NYMT performers, or friends/family of the cast and crew. Not that any of the above can't be young people, but mostly the audiences have seemed to be older industry folk.

If the show were to move elsewhere, I actually think it would have a huge young audience following.

ZONEACE
#39re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 1:33am

i, another young male, loved, dare i say, adored the show. I demand an extended Off-broadway run.

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#40re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 6:22am

Going to the closing performance this Sunday. Friends went on Monday and LOVED it. Can't wait!

nodaybut2day2007
#41re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 7:58am

I was dying so much to see this, and now I can't. I guess I shall just have to clutch my DVD of the movie and hope for an Off-Broadway run.

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#42re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 9:30am

Keep your eyes and ears open for news on the show. Can't say much but things are happening.

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#43re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/22/05 at 6:07pm

Just a shill-worthy bump. Two more raves for the show in Nytheatre and Theatremania.

(they're both in NYMF roundups, so you can read several reviews...scroll around to find Cheerleader).

http://www.nytheatre.com/nytheatre/nymf1971.htm

http://www.theatermania.com/content/news.cfm/story/6724

MusicalComedyMan
#44re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/22/05 at 6:16pm

Well a cast of 20 will never be in an Off Bway show!!!

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#45re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/22/05 at 6:47pm

Nothin' wrong with shilling something that should actually go somewhere. ;D

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#46re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/22/05 at 6:55pm

Well, you know how it is around here. I use the term "shilling" kind of facetiously with regards to this show, though.
It's getting raves from almost all sides and I can't imagine it's not going to get snatched up...and the Broadhurst is about to need an occupant...

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#47re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/22/05 at 7:07pm

If it *doesn't* get picked up somewhere -- even for a tryout out of state -- I'd be totally shocked. From what I've heard (distance sucks, but I love my friends) it's incredible. In regards to what MusicalComedyMan said, well -- let's hope that with these raves, it gets polished enough to move it off-broadway, cast and all.

And uh, if I find out anything from Kelly, I'll make sure I let people know.

LA2NYC
#48re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/22/05 at 7:36pm

Ive heard SO much about this show. Im really looking forward to seeing it on its closing date.

JayKid Profile Photo
JayKid
#49re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/22/05 at 10:53pm

How do ya know Kelly... ?