Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!

dreamboy2004
#0Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 3:06pm

I can't believe it ,yet I'm happy and excited. I was= never agianst the idea of Jennifer being Effie. Although I know she was on American Idol only vaugley remeber her. I just have one question Fantasia who?

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#1re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 3:23pm

Whoo hoo! I love Jennifer, and I was silently hoping she would beat out Fantasia for the role.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#2re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 3:26pm

Source? Is this official?

ETA: Just read the sources off Google. Nice work. I'm glad it's Jennifer. She's a powerhouse and her voice is better than Fantasia's, IMO.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Updated On: 11/16/05 at 03:26 PM

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#3re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 3:29pm

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=875615&dt=111605025203

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#4re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 3:29pm

I'm so happy that it's not Fantasia, but that it is Jennifer makes me even happier. She's incredibly talented.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#5re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 3:30pm

She is going to be phenomenal.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#6re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 3:31pm

Thanks FOA.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#7re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 3:33pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

SHE'LL BE AMAZING.

ellenoshalom Profile Photo
ellenoshalom
#8re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 6:54pm

Congrats to Jennifer. Now this is going to be a don't miss movie!

pab Profile Photo
pab
#9re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 6:59pm

Who else has this story other than the Daily News?

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#10re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 7:07pm

No one Pab. I've been waiting to seriously comment for the same reason. The news is completely out of left field. If its true, David Geffen will largely be the reason behind it.

In any case, the Daily News story is beyond tacky. Proper Hollywood etiquitte is for the news to released by the studio publicist before stars publicly announce their involvement.

The line about Fantasia's people having "no comment" is a deliberate dig, particularly when the story runs without comment or confirmation from Dreamworks.

bwayondabrain
#11re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 7:08pm

cool!
...so when's this coming out? sorry, i havent really kept on top of this whole movie
but yeah, i dont care for fantasia's voice at all really, so go jennifer! :)

BUT I HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR FANTASIA!!!!! rafikki in the lion king... :)

Madame X2 Profile Photo
Madame X2
#12re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 8:14pm

Thank goodness!

musicnmath
#13re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 10:08pm

wooow. yay for Jennifer and her big voice!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#14re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 10:13pm

Broadway.com has announced it officially.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#15re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:14pm

No, Broadway.com says "according to The New York Daily News".

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

my2cents
#16re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:22pm

playbill also quotes daily news.

Dame Fanadette Profile Photo
Dame Fanadette
#17re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:40pm

USA Today
Director talking about Jennifer

DF loves the little children, all the children of the world black and yellow, gay or straight, they are perfect in her light DF loves all the children of the world-Dame Fanadette

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#18re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:41pm

AHHHh I screamed when I saw the headline! That is sooooo fantastic!! CONGRATS Jennifer! She is great! AHHH I AM SO EXCITED! What a great opportunity for her.

my2cents
#19re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 12:04am

btw at the hair concert last year ms hudson met the dreamgirls composer and they actually discussed her as Effie. I witnessed it and so did Broadway.com. Here is the caption from the pic

Jennifer Hudson was thrilled to meet Dreamgirls
composer Henry Krieger (and to share her idea
about who would make a perfect Effie White)

http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Photo_Op.aspx?ci=42083 pic19

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#20re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 12:21am

This is great news! Personally, Fantasia is a guilty pleasure of mine but not right for Effie. Yay Jennifer!

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#21re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 12:33am

Well now that I see an actual quote from Condon -- I'll go with it. I always found Hudson incredibly mannered on AI and surprisingly lacking in true charisma, but I guess she can act, or Condon thinks she can be taught. And despite her great voice and self described similarities to Jennifer Holliday, I truly hope all involved will pull something from her new to the role. I have Jennifer Hollidays performance on tape already, I don't need to see an imitation.

Hudson should send David Geffen roses every day of his life as long as he is alive.

Updated On: 11/17/05 at 12:33 AM

apdarcey
#22re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 1:00am

all i have to say is that trio is going to be out of control. beyonce, j.hud and anika noni!

ellenoshalom Profile Photo
ellenoshalom
#23re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 1:50am

^^^ You are so right. What a great combination.
What made them go with Jennifer Hudson over Fantasia? Any opinions? Because Fantasia had a lot of buzz surrounding her...getting the role?

jimmycurry01
#24re: Jennifer Hudson Is Effie White!
Posted: 11/17/05 at 12:55pm

Fantasia can't sing that's why they picked someone else over her. At least that's my opinion