RENT in life magazine

ashley0139
#0RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/23/05 at 10:54pm

Allright, another RENT post. I tried searching, but there 525,600 RENT posts to look through so it's impossible. On the RENT blog, there are the videos with them at the Life Magazine shoot. Does anyone know if that has come out? Did I miss it? Thanks for any help.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

FrancisGumm Profile Photo
FrancisGumm
#1re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/23/05 at 10:56pm

where can one GET life magazines? my BN doesnt have them

"Beating AIDS and extreme, stupid poverty, this is our moon shot. This is our civil rights struggle, our anti-apartheid movement. This is what the history books will remember our generation for--or blame us for, if we fail."-Bono

Luckydave14
#2re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/23/05 at 10:58pm

They come in newspapers. I think either the NY Post or Daily News has them on Saturday or Sunday

my2cents
#3re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/23/05 at 11:06pm

Some newspapers have them in Fridays paper. I believe if you find the life site they link you to your paper.

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#4re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:25am

Click on your state to see which newspapers carry it.

http://www.life.com/Life/newspapers/

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

ashley0139
#5re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/24/05 at 8:06pm

But does anyone know if the particular RENT issues have come out?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#6re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/24/05 at 8:56pm

They are supposed to be in THIS Sunday's issue. 3 different covers so it's the luck of the draw as far as who you'll get.

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#7re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/24/05 at 9:09pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy either Newsday or The Daily News in New Jersey?

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html

elphatine
#8re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/24/05 at 9:11pm

Yeah, I'd like to know too, Alix. I live in NJ too, and not anywhere near Passaic or Bergen.

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#9re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/24/05 at 9:15pm

It says on the LIFE website that the magazine is in:
Herald News (Passaic County, NJ)
The Record (Bergen County, NJ)

And it's the Sunday's Daily News if I am not mistaken.

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#10re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/24/05 at 9:44pm

Ass munch. None of my local papers carry it. I think we get the NY Daily news here though...hmm...I'll have to investigate.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#11re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 12:27pm

I started a "It came out today" thread, but wanted to post here as well.

The Rent Cover was in today's Life Magazine, which was a supplement to the LA Times.

So, in between all of those post Turkey Day ads, look for pictures of some of the Rent cast staring back at you.

Interesting cover choices - not the entire group together. Three different covers used. Life was apparently taking a cue from TV Guide.

Here is a link to see if it is in your local paper:

Life in Your Local Paper?

kates422
#12re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 12:31pm

I got mine in the paper!! It has Taye, Rosario and Anthony on the cover. :) Good article, too. It's told by Julie Larson.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#13re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 12:33pm

YAY! I got Anthony, Taye, and Rosario in today's paper! Now I must go on a mission to locate the other three.

It's too bad that Wilson, Tracie, and Adam didn't make it on one of the covers.

BTW the paper also gave the movie 3 out of 4 stars, so all-in-all a good issue of the News Herald for Rent. re: RENT in life magazine

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Updated On: 11/25/05 at 12:33 PM

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#14re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 12:38pm

Can someone please scan the covers and article because I live in Canada, so I don't think I get this magazine! Pretty pleeeaase?? lol

greenegirl87
#15re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 12:39pm

yeah, i live in virginia and my paper doesn't have it either :[

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#16re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 12:58pm

They took an interesting approach to the pictures - grainy black and white. It looked good for the cover (I got the same threesome) but I didn't care for some of the photos inside. A little too artsy at times. The article and quotes from the cast were excellent.

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#17re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 12:59pm

So, what are the different covers? I've gotta decide which one to look for when I go to the store later.

ashley0139
#18re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:30pm

No papers anywhere close to me have this. I wonder if there's any other way to get it. Were they in tv guide as well? Did I miss that?

kates422
#19re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 8:34pm

I would scan...but my scanner is at school, and i'm at home. If nobody does it by Sunday, I will get it up then. :)

Mandi--there are 3 covers. One of Taye, Rosario and Anthony; one of Rosario; and one of Jesse and Idina. Why Rosario is on two when there were castmates left out, I'm not sure. But oh well.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#20re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 8:43pm

Yeah...REALLY weird choices of who they grouped together on the covers. It seems like they only went for the bigger "stars" in general. And the lead. The big guy.

Billboard Girl Profile Photo
Billboard Girl
#21re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 9:04pm

Really bizarre choices of who they put on the cover. If they wanted to do 3 different covers, it would have made much more sense to have Adam/Rosario/Taye, Anthony/Idina/Tracie, and Jesse/Wilson.

"There was this one time an alarm went off - it was in the middle of '24.' That's just wrong. Everyone knows everyone was watching '24' at that time." --NYU student quoted in the Washington Square News about students ignoring the frequent fire alarms in dorms

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#22re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 9:07pm

Not that I don't have love for Rosario, but why does she get 2, including one of just her, and Adam, Tracie and Wilson got nothing? =/ I mean, they were all at the photo shoot, were the pictures that horrible?

Whatever. I'll keep an eye out for it on Sunday.
Updated On: 11/25/05 at 09:07 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#23re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 9:33pm

I got one today. My aunt gave me the one that came with her local paper. Mine has Idina and Jesse.

I'm a bit sad that with the three covers, they didn't include all eight cast members.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

greenegirl87
#24re: RENT in life magazine
Posted: 11/25/05 at 9:38pm

that is really sad :[

haha im guessing you are esp. sad about adam, emcee? re: RENT in life magazine

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

Videos