Will Chase in RENT

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#0Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/18/05 at 10:37pm

For those of you who have seen him in the role before, is Will Chase a good Roger?

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

LyTeMyCanDyI
#1re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/18/05 at 11:02pm

bump

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

#2re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 12:08am

Will Chase is amazing in everything he has ever done. Rent being NO exception. The man needs a role created for him so he can win his Tony and get the recognition he deserves.
not only is he an amazing talent ..he is an amazing PERSON as well. you will LOVE him as Roger and i wouldn't be surprised if you found yourself wanting to see him more than once.

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#3re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 12:16am

Please, I think Rent is the worst show in the world and it makes me want to claw my eyes out...

...but I'll still see it multiple times because Will is in it.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#4re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 12:18am

Worst show in the world?

CLEARLY, you don't get out much.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

#5re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 12:24am

the point is...even if one doesn't care for Rent..Will Chase will make it worth seeing!! =)
i like Rent very much..but i think that the more time that has passed since the show's setting..1980 something..the MORE and more dated it is becoming...the whole AIDS thing, while STILL AWFUL, so PLEASE don't anyone BLAST me here....but doesn't have the same impact it had even just 10 years ago.
AIDS is still very much a devasting disease..i have lost many friends and even a family member to it. but since Rent...a lot more support and understanding have come about.
anyway..long story short..i think the subject matter is a little dated...seeing the movie reminded me of that..

inishmore Profile Photo
inishmore
#6re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 12:26am

Haven't seen him in that show but he puts so much into his performances I can't imagine his Roger being bad. Though I am curious as to whether it will be a darker Roger or not... I kinda like Will's stuff when he goes a little darker.

Time rushes by, memories fade, dreams never do

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 12:52am

Yes, yes.

The subject matter IS a little dated.

That's why the show doesn't take place in 2006.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

FabalaYero85
#8re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 1:01am

check out these BWW threads on Will Chase info..this question has been asked numerous times since TPTB from the Neder announced it.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=878996#1672640

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=877374#1634673

Enjoy.

hmm...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#9re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 1:03am

whee, I can NOT wait to see him.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

inishmore Profile Photo
inishmore
#10re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 1:20am

I'm with you Em! Except my budget will probably only allow me to lotto.... so I probably WILL wait, til after the holidays anyway. GRRRR. Tourists.

#11re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 1:25am

all i meant was...in the year 2005, i don't think the show has the same impact it had when it first opened regarding the subject matter...as far as the music and everything else..i think its timeless! i LOVE the show.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#12re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 7:58am

i reall hope i get to see him..i'm trying to go again in January :).

LyTeMyCanDyI
#13re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/19/05 at 9:20pm

Fantastic!
I remember him in Miss Saigon, and he was great. He was so amazing my grandma couldn't get out of herseat because he had her in tears. She passed away only months later and I got the tickets for my birthday. I'm taking my two best friends as a party kinda thing. I chose RENT just because Will will be in it and it will be like my grandma is with me again.

inishmore Profile Photo
inishmore
#14re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/20/05 at 3:00am

You should try to meet him afterwards. He's SUCH a sweetheart. One of the nicest people.

dreaminaret Profile Photo
dreaminaret
#15re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/28/05 at 10:54pm

agreed.

i grew up 13 miles north of bohemia and 31 miles northeast of hicksville.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#16re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/28/05 at 11:15pm

Am I the only one who got utterly confused my the spelling of 'Light My Candle' in the person who started this thread's username?

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#17re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 12/28/05 at 11:29pm

He's an absolute MUST see.

LyTeMyCanDyI
#18re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 1/1/06 at 4:35pm

Just trying to be creative, Dirty. :)
Has anyone seen Will this time around yet? Any reviews?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#19re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 1/1/06 at 4:39pm

There are some reviews over at CompulsiveBowlers.org.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

LariTheLoud Profile Photo
LariTheLoud
#20re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 1/1/06 at 5:18pm

I can't WAIT to see Will Chase in this role. So excited for my trip to see him in the show on Saturday. re: Will Chase in RENT

"Oh, good. After all, I can rub my stomach and pat my head at the same time, and I can do it with my eyes closed while whistling 'The Entertainer.' That's rhythm for you." ~ Snaps, proving that White Boys CAN have rhythm

badreligion Profile Photo
badreligion
#21re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 1/1/06 at 7:26pm

andrew - you're post which you claim to have lost friends and family to AIDS exemplifies not "support" for AIDS, but complacency. Sad comment really.

inishmore Profile Photo
inishmore
#22re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 1/1/06 at 8:33pm

I finally got to see Will on New Years Eve (an old friend came to visit so I had an excuse to fork over full price. But the seats were worth it.)
He was utterly amazing. Another Day, I think, was my favorite number this time around. There was just so much depth to his performance, it's stunning. GO SEE HIM IF YOU CAN.
Overall I found the entire cast to be quite strong. It had been a few years since I've seen the show and I found myself feeling like I was experiencing it for the first time.

dreaminaret Profile Photo
dreaminaret
#23re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 1/1/06 at 8:43pm

I wrote a review of it in the "Anyone see Will Chase's performance..." thread. I saw him the 26th during his first performance and it was incredible. Like a whole new character.

i grew up 13 miles north of bohemia and 31 miles northeast of hicksville.

inishmore Profile Photo
inishmore
#24re: Will Chase in RENT
Posted: 1/1/06 at 11:59pm

And that must have been such a wild show with matt not showing up and Justin jumping in. I almost wish I had been there.

Videos