pixeltracker

RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!- Page 4

RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!

xoxRogue Profile Photo
xoxRogue
#75re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 8:28pm

i'm just looking forward to this release to finally see goodbye love (in it's entirety) and halloween.

Oh yes. re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!

Shari Lewis: Did you ever wish upon a star? Lamb Chop: I once asked Mr. Rogers for his autograph.

darkmist115 Profile Photo
darkmist115
#76re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 8:53pm

CAN'T WAIT!
I also really want to see 'goodbye,love.'

tacos are great
#77re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 9:25pm

Everyone's so negative. It's a good cover, not the same old artwork they always use, but still similar enough to work, and it's attention-grabbing. Good marketing, which I'm sure we can all agree, is just what it needs.

Literal tacos! Sheesh. Y'all are nasty....

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#78re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:27pm

I am really surprised ! We get a 2 disc version, a feature length documentary, audio commentary, deleted scenes, musical performances and MORE, we get it really early and almost nobody comments on these. Yet, most of you, bitch for 3 pages, about the cover and the bloody SPINE ????? God, some people really have to bitch about everything, don't they ? Would you prefer a single bare-bones disc with the movie poster then ? Of course not, you would prefer a 3-disc, full of every feature imaginable, with the highlights CD cover and a personal delivery by the cast. And even then, I am sure, some of you, would find something to moan about !

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#79re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:31pm

on that note, i really like the cover, the features, and the fact that it is two discs! i'm excited!

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#80re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:35pm

That artwork is ABOMINABLE. It looks like a made for TV Lifetime original. TERRIBLE.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Ice Madrox
#81re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:37pm

As soon as I saw that cover for the Rent dvd, I immediately thought about how Kids looked. Thank god I'm not the only one who saw/realized the similarities.

munkustrap178
#82re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:49pm

Yes, definitely KIDS - even CAMP.

It makes (what should be) a very gritty, brutally honesty, inspiring story look like Disney on Ice.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#83re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:04pm

So true, Greek. Most people are more upset about the lousy cover art than they are about the lousy movie!

PEACE.

Rentaholic2
#84re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:08pm

I actually like the cover of the 'highlights' CD the best. It's kind of gray and darker looking, very 'grimy/grundgy'. I don't think Rent should look so colorful unless the colors are really faded and blended like the original add campaign.

Ice Madrox
#85re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:17pm

Good call on looking like Camp, also. Cheesey as it may be, it's one of my favorite movies and I didn't even realize the similarities!

munkustrap178
#86re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:20pm

I also don't like the rainbow-esque title colors. Yuck. So terrible. I'm very unhappy with the cover. And I agree - the best logo for the movie was the highlights CD. Also, the FYC ad for RENT woulf have been better.

munkustrap178
#87re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:23pm

re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!

This

tacos are great
#88re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:32pm

Greek, I couldn't agree more. The negativity here is nearly overwhelming. We're given all these awesome things and people ignore that to bitch over the DVD cover. Jesus. We're getting a DVD packed with extras THREE months after the movie was released in theaters! No wonder the movie didn't do well. This is the whiniest and most ungrateful group of "fans" I've ever seen. There is no way to satisfy you.

Grow up, people. Didn't your parents teach you anything about respect? Say thank you and be grateful for what you're given.

Literal tacos! Sheesh. Y'all are nasty....

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#89re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:35pm

meh, I'm not crazy about it. It's kind of... busy. I guess I'd hoped for somethign more simplistic. And honestly, I half expected to see 8 character versions. But in the end, it's what's inside that case that matters.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

munkustrap178
#90re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:45pm

Tacos, shut the hell up.

The reason I'm upset about the artwork isn't because it won't look nice in my collection. It's not because I had a better idea. It's because that's not the way the film should be marketed. That cover will hurt sales. That cover will make people LESS interested in the film - atleast in my opinion.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#91re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:49pm

For the record, people here have had a fairly good idea of what the special features would be for a while. You're not going to get an overwhelming reaction to something people already knew. The cover art is new. People are going to react to it. Deal with it.

I don't think the cover is very representative of the movie's tone and stuff. It looks a little cartoony. The bright colors just don't do anything for me.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

zzprincesskatt Profile Photo
zzprincesskatt
#92re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/10/06 at 12:05am

I think the cover was probably made that way to appeal to a younger audience because of the brightness. They probably also don't want the movie to seem dark to people who don't know about it. Who knows if it will affect sales or not. On the one hand, I personally agree with those that said it looks cartoony. But on the other hand, the bright colors may attract more people when they see it on a shelf next to other movies. Hopefully it will do the latter.

Rentaholic2
#93re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/10/06 at 1:33am

oh Munk, you kill me.

MUNKY Profile Photo
MUNKY
#94re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/10/06 at 5:21am

The artwork looks alright in my opinion, but I think they should kept it similar to the CD covers, posters, etc.

But other than that, can't wait to see the deleted scenes!!!

"Now I may not have much, but I have more determination than any man you're likely to meet." - Big Fish
"Misdirection. What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes." - Swordfish

electrakitty Profile Photo
electrakitty
#95re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/10/06 at 10:26am

Well, truth be known, I think that they already made the movie less dark and grungy and more cartoony than the stage version. It's already brighter in many ways, designwise, than the stage play, so I guess it would stand to reason that the DVD art would reflect that. Plus, the marketing thus far has been happy, bright, and friendly. It's not a good indicator of the actual story, but it's the sort of things that gets butts into seats (or not, in this case) and people to buy/rent DVDs. Though the thing I've heard from those who've seen the movie without knowing the play/musical beforehand is: "Don't believe the advertising."

"Are we a thing?" "Darling, we're everything."

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#96re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/10/06 at 10:46am

well-said Greek!

my God people....are you buying it for the cover? or the movie and features? You all sound like a bunch of children, upset because you want a blue toy and all they have is red.......

people who want RENT will buy RENT......and anyone who is silly enough to NOT buy it due to a cover, didn't want it in the first place. Marketing does not play here......RENT already has it's loyal fans, and that is who will buy it.

People looking for a movie to buy will NOT just pick up and buy RENT.......bad or good cover......it's not that kind of movie. People who want RENT will buy it, no matter what

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Updated On: 1/10/06 at 10:46 AM

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#97re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/10/06 at 11:04am

I've been sitting on this for a few days hoping that the cover would grow on me. It hasn't.

Yuck. It's so busy and cartoonish. They definitely should have stuck with something similar to the full movie soundtrack cover art, or (best-case-scenario) the much more attractive highlights CD art.

Edit: And of course, it's not THAT big a deal. The people who were going to buy it before are in all liklihood still going to buy it. It's just not as pretty as I'd have liked. Updated On: 1/10/06 at 11:04 AM

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#98re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/10/06 at 11:27am

It's just because it's different than what we are used to. But, again . . . who cares. CAN'T WAIT

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

bluesoprano Profile Photo
bluesoprano
#99re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
Posted: 1/10/06 at 12:56pm

I think the cover looks pretty good. Like most people I am just excited and cant wait for the movie to come out and for the special features.