pixeltracker

How Often Do You Go To The Theater?- Page 2

How Often Do You Go To The Theater?

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#25re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 6:44pm

every two weeks usually. This month I am attending an Actor's Fund performance of Sweeney Todd and the Broadway Festival and next month I'm seeing Encore's Kismet besides other broadway shows.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson
Updated On: 1/13/06 at 06:44 PM

Musical_nerd Profile Photo
Musical_nerd
#26re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 7:23pm

Twice a year. My life sucks.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#27re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 7:30pm

Pretty much two per week.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#28re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 7:30pm

I am going to one right now....I am in my schools original Murder Mystery.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Jade Profile Photo
Jade
#29re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 7:38pm

Usually only once or twice a year. However, last year was exceptional because I went to New York for the first time. Twice. So I went to the theatre 18 times, saw 13 different shows, and most of those were packed into the space of 3 weeks.

renthead2
#30re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 7:41pm

I envy you guys so much! I wish I could go to them that often!! I live no where near a theatre!! The closest is Toronto and that's like a full days drive! I only saw two "professional" musicals. One in Toronto and one in NY. I saw a bunch from like community theatre and school plays and whatnot.

Yankeefan007
#31re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 7:42pm

Every two or three weeks. Last year (2005), I averaged about 3 a month.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#32re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 8:58pm

Thanks to TDF & Broadway Box, more than we could afford if we had to pay full price . About 20 shows a season

Poster Emeritus

erinrebecca
#33re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 9:25pm

Probably averages out to once a week over the course of a year.

Luckydave14
#34re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 9:37pm

1-3 a month

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#35re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 9:39pm

Over a year, it would tend to average out to one show a week ish - I see around 50 things per year. However in the course of the year, I might for example only see one thing in the entire of March and one in the entire of May...but then 20 things in September. lol. It all evens out re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater? But if I haven't seen anything for three weeks, I tend to call that AGES and get antsy.

This year is 2 weeks old. I've seen two shows already. However both were last week in the space of three days *g*

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#36re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 10:58pm

Usually once every three months. I've seen the following shows last year:

THE LION KING
PHANTOM (SECOND TIME)
LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA
THE PILLOWMAN
DOUBT
SWEET CHARITY
THE WOMAN IN WHITE
SOUVENIR

Makes a total of seven shows if you don't count Phantom, which I don't...

I might go see RENT on Monday for MLK day, I'll hopefully see Sweeney Todd soon, and we're planning on seeing SPAMALOT in June for my sister's birthday.

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel
Updated On: 1/13/06 at 10:58 PM

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#37re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 11:01pm

i see about one a month at least (but then i gon on binges where i see like 4 in 2 weeks and none for a while)

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#38re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/13/06 at 11:13pm

Once a month. Once in a while, twice. Two years ago, I did three shows in a month. That was awesome. I am seeing Doubt Saturday.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

Dramatic_Irony
#39re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 12:13am

Until a year ago, only about every 6 months, but now that I've moved back into New York, about three or four times a month (depends on funds). Mostly off-Broadway, again because of funds, or lack thereof.

Grief does not expire like a candle or the beacon on a lighthouse. It simply changes temperature. -Nocturne
Updated On: 1/14/06 at 12:13 AM

leap_of_moo
#40re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 12:25am

As often as I can, but it's not nearly enough. It's usually every few months or so, unfortunately.
I saw "Beauty and the Beast" last week.
Updated On: 1/14/06 at 12:25 AM

musicmaniac77
#41re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 12:54am

Argggg. I wish I lived in NYC. I live in the Midwest, so I see or am a part of about 6 shows a year through my college and I prolly see 2 community theatre shows a year and 4 professional shows a year. So, like, one a month.

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#42re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 1:34am

119 shows in 2004; 208 in 2005; 9 shows in the first 13 days of this year.

iliketheater Profile Photo
iliketheater
#43re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:07am

eslgr8 - I'm jealous!!!

To answer you question: I think I usually see anywhere from 6-18 shows a year... but it varies. I don't go nearly enough!!!

CK2
#44re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 8:25am

Living in Switzerland at least I try to go when my favorite actress Mary Stuart Masterson is doing something somewhere on stage. More or less it worked so far.

Saw her in:

"Nine - The Musical" in April and December 2003 on Broadway (I just had to see her with both casts)

"Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" in June 2004 at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC

"National Anthems" in March 2005 in London

"Commentaire d'Amour" (staged reading) in November 2005 at the Florence Gould Hall in NYC

Everytime I also plan to visit two or three other plays/musicals. So I can say about once or twice a year I am doing a so-called "theatre trip" to NYC, London or wherever.....

Updated On: 1/14/06 at 08:25 AM

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#45re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 2:49pm

it depends. During the summer when i am home, once a week (if i win lotto or student rush). However at school in boston less often. I am picky about the shows i choose to see, like i am not going to spend money on the les mis tour coming.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

collins Profile Photo
collins
#46re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 5:05pm

Wow...you're all so lucky! I will probably never make it to New York, and it's hard to get somebody to drive me 3 hours to Atlanta (I don't like driving in big cities; I'm a nervous wreck, pun intended), so I'll have to be content with 5-6 shows a year, whatever stops at the theatre near me. When I see Wicked in May, that will make a total of 2 major tours I've seen. Ooooo.....

<---Adopt a shelter pet!

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#47re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 5:11pm

I probably average 3 or 4 shows a month. I go to the theater more than I go to the movies.

Attendthetale331
#48re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 5:24pm

Once or twice a month, I like to see at least one show a month

"Listen to the song that I sing and trust me..."

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#49re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?
Posted: 1/14/06 at 5:28pm

Every 2 months

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999