Will Chase Made My Night

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#0Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:33pm

A little while ago I posted on this site about how I was seeing Will Chase in RENT because he had made my grandmother cry when we saw Miss Saigon together a few months before she passed and I wanted to feel like I was with her on my birthday. (The whole stroy is too long to post. If you're interested, it's in the thread Will Chase in RENT or you can PM me.) Anyway, I saw RENT yesterday with Will in it. When I met him after and told him the story of how he afeected my grandmother. He asked me if she passed and then told me someone had sent him this story. They'd seen it on this site. He asked me if my user name was lytemycandyl and told me how much the story meant to him.

I just wnat to say thank you to whoever sent him the story. If that person id reading this, I want you to know that you made last night the best night of my life! I felt like my grandmother was with me for the first time in almost 7 years. It was the best way to spend my birthday. Thank you so much. Also, thank you Will Chase for being such an insiration. Your performance in Miss Saigon insired me to be a performer. If I can affect one person the way you affected my grandmother, it will be all I could ever ask for. Thank you so much for everything you have done for me. It means more than you can imagine.

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

Yankeefan007
#1re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:35pm

That's such a sweet story! Will Chase is a great performer and quite a good person.

Dollypop
#2re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:35pm

Will's a very sensitive man. I love him for that.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:36pm

awww. Will's wonderful.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

#4re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:49pm

You're welcome LyTe...=)
Will is a good friend of mine and i had to send him your story. it really touched me. i am not surprised that Will remembered and was so kind to you. He would have been kind to you regardless but i am glad that his knowledge of your story made the experience that much more wonderful for you!
xoxo
andrea

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#5re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/14/06 at 11:21pm

awww... Will is such a sweetie!

We've all got our junk and my junk is you!

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#6re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/14/06 at 11:26pm

That is such a great story! Will sounds like such a great person, as is whoever sent that to Will. Thanks for sharing that story with us, it put a smile on my face. re: Will Chase Made My Night.

iliketheater Profile Photo
iliketheater
#7re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/14/06 at 11:38pm

o wow, that just made me a little teary. I'm so happy you had such a great experience in theater. (& Andrew/andrea , that was very sweet of you*)

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#8re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/14/06 at 11:47pm

Andrew, thats was such a heartwarming action. Will certainly seems like a great guy and its great he had such a positive impact on you, lytemycandy1.

#9re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/14/06 at 11:48pm

wow.. that made me teary too. that is an amazing story, andrew/a, that was nice of you to tell will that, he seems like a great guy!

Idina_obsession Profile Photo
Idina_obsession
#10re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 1:16am

awww thats so great!!! will is a really great guy and im proud to say a friend of mine...i love him hes really a sweet sweet man and an amazing performer.

i saw him in miss saigon too!!!! I lovvvvved him in it!

"I looooove being on the road!!! I got to drive up here in a van with all the guyyys...i wake up at 1 in the afternoon...i played poker with them last niiight its so much fun! its when my dark side comes out...then i go home and im like "LETS HAVE BABIES!!!!"-idina menzel <3 Samantha

#11re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 1:41am

idina, i wonder if i know you..hmmmm...pm me if you want!

iluvtheatertrash
#12re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 1:44am

Will is one of the most darling men out there, as well as an incredibly gifted performer. I was lucky enough to get to know him through the many times I saw LENNON, and every time he remembered my face and acknowledged me in the front row, dedicating a snippet of his performance to me and helping to make me feel special. He is such a wonderful, kind and generous performer and man.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

#13re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 1:45am

yup!

LyTeMyCanDyI
#14re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 2:01am

I'm glad you guys liked the story. We all know I did! :) And yea, Andrea's the best!

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

C is for Company
#15re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 2:12am

that was such an emotionally moving story, how sweet

#16re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 2:18am

lyte- where did you see Miss Saigon?

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#17re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 2:46am

Will Chase is unbelievably talented. I sat right in front of him during Lennon when they came down and sat at the front of the stage. I was mesmerized the entire time. Awesome performer and SO nice.

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#18re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 2:55am

He was such a dish at the "Lennon" SF Debut stage door. And really had a love-able OOMPH during try-outs. Good guy and good story. I love how Broadway brings out some of the most special, secret, and sentimental moments in each of our lives.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#19re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 9:11am

Aww, that's fantastic. I saw Will in FULL MONTY a few years ago, and then in AIDA and he is certainly a talent. It sounds like he's quite the stand up guy too. I'm happy you had such a nice experience. I want to go see RENT now, I bet he's wonderful.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

elphieisperky
#20re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 9:45am

Wow...amazing story, made me get teary! Will sounds like such a sweetheart, can't wait to see him in Rent, and hopefully meet him someday!

alli2
#21re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 12:57pm

i'll just add to the Will Chase love... Lennon, Rent, The Full Monty, and Secret Garden are what i've seen him in... The Secret Garden and Lennon are my two favorites though. I like, Steven, got to know Will during the run of Lennon, and then he was surprisingly excited to see me working at The Secret Garden benefit, where we "chilled." He's awesome. He's the best part of Rent right now, and Rent's lucky to have him! Idina_obsession and I have a story from a few weeks ago, but we'll keep that to ourselves, heh.

Will has a great memory it seems, so it's awesome that he remembered your story. What a great story!

AlmostFamous Profile Photo
AlmostFamous
#22re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 2:59pm

awww! Will's such a sweetheart! He's one of my favorite broadway actors! I want to go see him in Rent!

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#23re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 4:37pm

I am so excited to see him in RENT on the 24th *knocks on wood* (dont want to jinx it and get an understudy). He seems like such a sweetheart. Andrew-- is his myspace real?

LyTeMyCanDyI
#24re: Will Chase Made My Night
Posted: 1/15/06 at 10:30pm

I saw Miss Saigon twice, both while it was on Broadway. I saw it with Will in it in the summer of 1999 and the first time I saw it was in either 97 or 98.

Videos