pixeltracker

Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed

Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed

broadwaygiant19122 Profile Photo
broadwaygiant19122
#0Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 8:38am

My friend wanted to see Sweeney this weeken but all the 36.25 mezz seats are sold out. In addition, there are no weekend discounts. do you think there is any chance of saturday's perf selling out so we can get SRO or rush,whatever the policy is.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#1re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 8:44am

The show has been on TKTS a lot lately, since this is the slow season, so I highly doubt that SRO will be an option for you. And there is no rush policy to speak of.

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#2re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 8:46am

Are they doing the $30-something partially obstructed seats in the orchestra? I tried before I went home for winter break, but they weren't selling them that weekend, because it was getting close to the holidays. You might want to try looking into that if $50 at TKTS isn't an option for you.

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#3re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 9:24am

Lately, the partial view orchestra seats are what they have been releasing to TKTS.

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#4re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 9:41am

I went last Sat night and bought at TKTS. I doubt it will sell out. The pricing for that theater is terrible too. I literally sat in rear mezz...5 rows in front of the very last, and it was considered a full price ticket. I thought it was rediculous...but oh well, what can ya do?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#5re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 9:45am

A while back a friend from the boards got the 36 deal on box seats, but the view was obstructed.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Phantomerik15 Profile Photo
Phantomerik15
#6re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 9:59am

Ask for standing room tickets maybe they'll give them to you even if the show isn't sold out. or, if you can go on the weekdays like wed. matinee...i just saw it this passed wed. and got $36 seats for the 3 to last row in the rear mezz. but they pushed everyone to the front mezz since no one went to see it that day.

Back, he spurred like a madman, shrieking a curse to the sky. With the white road smoking behind him and his rapier brandished high! Blood-red were the spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat, when they shot him down on the highway, down like a dog on the highway, and he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat... (The Highwayman. Sung by: Loreena McKennitt)

smartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
#7re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 10:11am

They have been very adament about not selling SRO unless the show is sold out (downright rude actually)

Yet the box office told me this week that they are still selling out on several Friday and Saturday nights, so you do have a chance.

5 rows in front of the very back is a full price ticket because in that theater the view there is still close to perfect.

I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#8re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 11:15am

"They have been very adament about not selling SRO unless the show is sold out (downright rude actually)"

This was not the case when I saw the show.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#9re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 11:39am

i concur. i saw it two weeks ago on a wednesday evening, and had no problem getting SRO tickets, when the show was clearly not sold out.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

smartpenguin78
#10re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 11:53am

I wish they would stop screaming at me and give me the blasted tickets when I ask for them then.

Now I am even more angry than ever.

littlewow
#11re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 12:03pm

just one addition about discounts... no weekend ones, true, but tues wednes thurs TWO HOURS before curtain, you can buy student seats with a student id for 36.25 CASH only. They normally end up being pretty decent seats too. :)
Updated On: 1/27/06 at 12:03 PM

Chrysanthemum62001
#12re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 12:15pm

Littlewow, are you sure? This is VERY exciting news! Whoop-ie! Guess who's seeing Sweeney again.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

BSoBW3 Profile Photo
BSoBW3
#13re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 12:25pm

I went and sat in partial view. That was my first choice.

Great seat - excpet for that blasted monitor that blocked out Anthony during Johanna - and Fogg, too, I believe.

The smallest stream is a valent river. It will drown me if it can.
Updated On: 1/27/06 at 12:25 PM

smartpenguin78
#14re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 12:25pm

litlewow, WOW!
That is too good to be true. Except for my poor budget. re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#15re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 12:28pm

I just teared up a little thinking that I would have been seeing Sweeney this weekend.

Sigh.

Chant along with me now...

March 18, March 18, March 18, March 18...
Updated On: 1/27/06 at 12:28 PM

littlewow
#16re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 12:40pm

I am sure. I saw the show again this past tuesday and they were sold out. But there were 4 of us, 2 with student id's
one id gets one guest. but only 2 HOURS before curtain...if seats are available. so you know... and cash only

Chrysanthemum62001
#17re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 12:42pm

I'm so happy I could kiss you!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

littlewow
#18re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 12:44pm

just trying to be a good member of the Sweeney community!
Just hope to see everyone at the CD signing :)

michelle4
#19re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 1:30pm

I got tickets on TKTS last Friday for $51.25. They were front row mezzanine and worth every penny!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#20re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 2:01pm

Whe you say that the student ID allows one guest in addition... does that mean at a discounted price?? I've never heard anything like that before.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

littlewow
#21re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 2:47pm

yes at the discounted rate. I know. It's a great deal. Only for the slow season. Take adavantage while you can :)

smartpenguin78
#22re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 7:30pm

I have gotten two tickets with my student id several times.

I am going to see this show SO Many more times with this info. (unless they scream at me again)

Broadway_Boy
#23re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 7:49pm

I've never heard of not being able to get 2 tickets with one id.

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

anotherhundredpeople Profile Photo
anotherhundredpeople
#24re: Sweeney SRO/Rush this weekend.Advice Needed
Posted: 1/27/06 at 8:06pm

You can always get standing room only for $21.25. Just go to the box office.

-jess- "I think every actor on the stage should have a shirt that says,'believe it or not-I'm doing my best.'" -Alan Rickman

Videos