Dreams about Broadway?

peggyandvelma Profile Photo
peggyandvelma
#0Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 12:00pm

I defintitely had a dream the other night about Michael Cerveris. He was just standing in a room. I was walking with my dad and then shouted "Hey! It's Michael Cerveris." That is so strange to me b/c I'm not really into Sweeney & Assassins (which is where I only know him from) and therefore don't know much about him.
The question is: Have you had dreams about Broadway shows/actors?

I also had a dream I went back to high school to fill in for someone in a production of Steel Magnolias. Oy.

No one is alone.

Josh Freilich
#1re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 2:09pm

The most dreams I remember had Kerry Butler in them. One day, when I was having a really SCARY-looking dream, she popped up and made it all better for me.

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#2re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 2:22pm

I've actually had a couple dreams about Jersey Boys lately. I am a little obsessed with it right now! re: Dreams about Broadway? If Christian Hoff weren't 37, married, had two kids, and one on the way.... Raaar!

peggyandvelma
#3re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 2:22pm

Haha.
On a side note, one time I had a dream that I was ballroom dancing with Denzel Washington.

No one is alone.

FosseBoi
#4re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 2:37pm

These are mine:
~Idina Menzel and I sitting in my church talking
~me performing "Defying Gravity"
~me playing Angel in RENT(I can now say it is LITERLY a dream role of mine)
~(This happened last night) I dreampt that I was in the ensemble of RENT and I was trying to look through the program to see who I was understudying. But I could never fing the understudy list.

I want to say that I've had one or two other me in RENT dreams, but I cant remember them well enough. I woulder if I'm going to be in RENT...hmmm...(GOD I HOPE!)

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#5re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:07pm

I... ALWAYS dream about Michael Cerveris. re: Dreams about Broadway?

Actually, on that off-chance that I've bought tickets for something in advance (which I don't do often, I'm a go-in-and-see-what-happens kinda girl), I've had dreams the night before that I've gone to the wrong theatre and seen Mamma Mia instead. And then twenty minutes into the show, when I'm freaking out about seeing Mamma Mia when I had tickets for [insert show here], an usher comes over and tells me they finally looked at my ticket (??) and that I need to leave immediately.

I guess this is actually a nightmare?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#6re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:23pm

I dreamed that I was performing in RENT (as Maureen), and Sherie Renee Scott came running into the theater, and right up onto the stage. She was SCREAMING about my Equity card. "IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!" It made absolutely no sense to me.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#7re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:25pm

i just have Bombay Dreams!!!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

ashley0139
#8re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:27pm

I had a dream that I was in Thoroughly Modern Millie with Sutton Foster. But we were sitting in this theatre-in-the-round watching it, even though we were in it. Wierd.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#9re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:32pm

I haven't dreamt about any one performer...but I have a recurring dream where I am in NYC (or what is supposed to be NYC) in the Theatre district and I am choosing shows to see. Usually they are actual shows, but sometimes they are shows that my mind invents for some reason. The streets, buildings, etc. are not accuarate, and neither are the theatre interiors...but I am always bummed out when I wake up and realize I am home in NC and not on Broadway about to see a show!

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#10re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:35pm

I always have dreams that I am in a show. Most recently, I was backstage at Avenue Q and Johnny told me I could go on as any part I wanted, so I picked Brian. I went out there during the opening song and as soon as I started singing the lyrics, I totally blanked and start making them up. I could feel the audience staring at me ready to boo me off the stage. Then I woke up! re: Dreams about Broadway?

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#11re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:36pm

I've had a lot of dreams about broadway.. I remember one recent dream I had that I lived down the block from broadway and I was going to see a show, I can't remember which one, and kept on seeing people from my school in the theatre, and then I realized I didn't have tickets for the show, but went to stagedoor afterwards. It was so random.

On a totally different note-- the other day I was on a school trip, and everyone kept on saying different celebrities that our chaperone (band teacher) looked like..and I kept on thinking how he looked so much like Michael Cerveris, but I knew nobody would know who that is.

bwayondabrain
#12re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:38pm

one time, i had a dream i had cancer and the make-a-wish foundation let me go on as simba in THE LION KING for one night...

my sister had a dream that idina was a busdriver, too...

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#13re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:42pm

over the years i have had several dreams featuring barbra streisand and a few starring meryl streep. jung says that everything in the dream represents part of the dreamer.

Mind is Mantra.

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#14re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:45pm

I dreamt that I somehow was hired to work on a project with Donna Murphy in summer stock, but when I went to our first rehearsal I brought the wrong script and didn't know my lines. I was terrified that she would think I was a big loser. For the rest of the night I was trying to find a way to appologize to her and let her know that I was usually very responsible. I don't remember what happened but eventually she was really nice.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

Holly Therese Profile Photo
Holly Therese
#15re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 3:54pm

I have one of those alarm clocks that you can put a cd in and choose what song you wake up to. Well disc two of POTO was in there and it didn't fully wake me up, which resulted in me having a dream that my speech professor was yelling at different people in our class, but he was saying what the Phatom says during Why So Silet, starting with "Fondest greetings to you all." That is probably one of my all time favorite dreams.

"You know, with the right volume, Patti LuPone can make a car bounce, too...." -Wonderwaiter

Madhatter Profile Photo
Madhatter
#16re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 4:00pm

My most recent dream is that I was walking past the Richard Rogers theatre and Tarzan was still there. I walked into the lobby and there are voting booths because Sweeney Todd and Tarzan were going to switch theatres and you could vote on something, I voted yes and my ballot had Sweeney Todd images on it. In the same dream my mom left my dad for Chris Noth and took me with them to live in New York.

Another one was about Avenue Q. It was in New York but everything looked different. The show had three stages and all of them were used in the show. I was watching the show then I randomly ended up in a 50s style resturant with Christmas Eve and we were talking about our family problems. Then I went back to the theatre but the show ended and I was sad I missed it. Then I went outside to the stage door, and Tom Arnold was in it and he came out and said Hi. Then I wanted to talk to Stephanie so I walked towards her but she was beating someone up with a backpack so I stood back and watched and laughed with her.

astonishing1985 Profile Photo
astonishing1985
#17re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 5:06pm

I dreamed that I was playing the role of Christine in POTO and I won two Tonys for my performance, for best singer in a musical (which I know doesn't exist) and best actress in a musical! And I remember thinking "hah! this is so good on the people who didn't believe in me!" lol...it was a nice dream :)

Hartt School class of 2010 ;-)

Kringas
#18re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 5:06pm

I once dreamed I played Louise to Charles Busch's Mama Rose in Gypsy. Best. Dream. Ever.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

peggyandvelma
#19re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 5:10pm

These dreams are great! Sometimes I wake up with a showtune in my head. For several days it was "Light My Candle". That song is so...sticky.

No one is alone.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#20re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 4/13/06 at 5:17pm

The other night I dreamed I was an understudy in Spelling Bee, and during the middle of the show Celia's cellphone went off onstage and I had to go on as Olive for about five minutes.

It was.... interesting, because I woke up just as "Pandemonium" was starting, and I was thinking "No! This is my favorite song!"

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#21re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 12/25/07 at 6:13am

RC had a dream about Broadway last night.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

dramaparoxysm23 Profile Photo
dramaparoxysm23
#22re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 12/25/07 at 6:52am

Before I left for NYC, I kept having a dream that I was stage dooring at YF and Megan Mullally would come out and I'd have to chase her to get her to sign my program.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I remember days
Or at least I try
But as years go by
They're sort of haze
And the bluest ink
Isn't really sky
And at times I think
I would gladly die
For a day of sky

And Starbucks will use the words 'large' and 'small', not pretentious crap like grande and tall.
"You could get away with anything if you call it art and tell people who don't like it that it's cutting edge culture." --vmlinnie

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#23re: Dreams about Broadway?
Posted: 12/25/07 at 7:20am

Wow... I should have done a search first... but I was not totally awake when I wrote my post... RC

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Videos