annoying things in shows

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#1annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 1:29am

theres a scene in Tarzan where Tarzan is looking through an old chest and he puts down a jewelery box and a few minutes later it starts playing music. those sorts of jewelery boxes only play music when theyre open... not to mention wound.

what annoys you?
Updated On: 12/3/06 at 01:29 AM

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#1re: it really annoys me...
Posted: 12/3/06 at 1:40am

it's one of my favorite scenes on broadway... Mimi lives downstairs from Roger and Mark, but she goes down the fire escape to get to their apartment.

::bust a move::

mattnyc2 Profile Photo
mattnyc2
#2re: it really annoys me...
Posted: 12/3/06 at 1:41am

In a play or movie when a character is opening up a present, but instead of unwrapping the paper like a normal person, they simply just lift off the lid. Who the heck would go to the trouble of taping wrapping paper to a box and to a removable lid anyway? It makes the whole act of opening a gift so unsuspenseful. I understand why it's done in showbusiness, but it's annoyed me ever since I was little.

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#3re: it really annoys me...
Posted: 12/3/06 at 1:45am

...when people reply to a joke post with a response that blows out the dimensions of a thread. Please contain your unspaced HAHAHAHAs to the parameters of the board!

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

SweetQintheLights
#4re: it really annoys me...
Posted: 12/3/06 at 1:46am

Just a fair warning, Mistress-- you should put more of a specific subject in main subject line because it "annoys" some people not knowing what the thread is about.

re: it really annoys me...

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#5re: it really annoys me...
Posted: 12/3/06 at 1:49am

I thought it was an obvious topic title actually... oh wells, i could change it.

Another one: It really annoys me that for some reason Link knew Motormouth but not Seaweed in Hairspray.

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#6re: it really annoys me...
Posted: 12/3/06 at 2:16am

In A Chorus Line, when the cast goes off stage before Music and the Mirror, they all take their bags. Cassie even has hers when she is about to leave, before she is stopped, but after her song and fight with Zach, she leaves the stage without taking her bag.

Whatever happened to class?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#7re: it really annoys me...
Posted: 12/3/06 at 2:21am

I hate it when people over analyze the little nit-picky things.

Gosh, that just drives me bananas!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

elvenprincess971 Profile Photo
elvenprincess971
#8re: it really annoys me...
Posted: 12/3/06 at 2:30am

It drives me nuts how RENT starts with the house lights up. I never like that, in any show. ARGH. The first time I saw it, I thought there was something wrong...

Love, Miss Britt

COOOOLkid
#9re: it really annoys me...
Posted: 12/3/06 at 3:05am

When there's no curtain call music... It just doesn't feel right.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#10re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 10:04am

The "costumes" that are used in a few of the numbers in NAKED BOYS SINGING. I mean, really, no one paid to see men singing in costumes.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 12/3/06 at 10:04 AM

MimiLovesRoger Profile Photo
MimiLovesRoger
#11re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 10:10am

In Wicked (during WWOTE): that mirror on the wardrobe. Uggh. You can always see the orchestra, and it's very distracting.

ThankstoPhantom
#12re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 12:26pm

That bag thing is probably an artistic reason in ACL...

I hate the awkwardeness of wedding scenes in most shows, they always have the couple up front with the priest standing on the side...

Only show I've seen with the wedding done without big issues was The Woman in White, because most of the wedding scene had the couple in the back.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#13re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 3:24pm

I hate that gold curtain stuff or thing in CHICAGO during HOT HONEY RAH. Oh, yeah and I hate that Roxie and Velma are never perfectly together in that dance.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#14re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 3:33pm

"Oh, yeah and I hate that Roxie and Velma are never perfectly together in that dance. "

I don't know who you've seen.

Mattbrain
#15re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 6:57pm

I really don't like it when shows have actors who play characters that don't appear until the second act or are totally out of the picture by the end of Act 1 never to return until the curtain calls. Here are examples of such shows:

Aida
Caroline, or Change
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Evita
Gypsy
It's A Wonderful Life
Jesus Christ Superstar
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Kiss Me, Kate
Lestat
The Lion King
Mary Poppins
Peter Pan (there's three acts in that musical so that's enough time for the Lost Boys to get a game of poker going on)
Sunset Boulevard
Two Gentlemen of Verona
We Will Rock You

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
Updated On: 12/9/06 at 06:57 PM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#16re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 6:59pm

Only show I've seen with the wedding done without big issues was The Woman in White, because most of the wedding scene had the couple in the back.

In PIAZZA, the wedding is upstage at the end of the show.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#17re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 7:41pm

the producers.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#18re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 7:50pm

Are you referring to Aida's father?

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#19re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 9:45pm

When colins is mugged in the beginning of rent. The muggers aren't even near him.

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#19re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 9:45pm

When colins is mugged in the beginning of rent. The muggers aren't even near him.

Actinggbugg474
#21re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:16pm

I hope that one is a joke ...

jimnysf
#22re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:19pm

Flying witches who shriek/"sing" while flying.

Also...

Vampires. Singing Vampires. Singing/Dancing Vampires. They just suck.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.
Updated On: 12/3/06 at 11:19 PM

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#23re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:25pm

hehe... vampires suck... duh re: annoying things in shows

::bust a move::

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#24re: annoying things in shows
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:25pm

"In a play or movie when a character is opening up a present, but instead of unwrapping the paper like a normal person, they simply just lift off the lid."

That has almost driven me MAD over the years. I hate that! Another thing I hate is when a character doesn't say "bye" when finishing a phone conversation.