pixeltracker

I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (

I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#1I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/10/07 at 4:45pm

Beauty and the Beast was an amazing show and my first one, too. It not fair that such a great show is being replaced the Little Mermaid. I'm gonna miss it sooooooo much!!!!!!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

WalkOn
#2re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/10/07 at 4:48pm

It had a long LONG run. It is time to make space for something new... even if it means another Disney show.

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart; and you'll never walk alone.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/10/07 at 4:49pm

I'm gonna miss it too...but since Disney wanted Little Mermaid to open, they decided to close down one of their shows. And after comparing grosses and how popular the shows are, Beauty and the Beast was probably the most logical choice.

From what I've heard, the lease on the Lunt was up for Beauty anyway, so instead of renewing it, Disney decided to put Little Mermaid in there.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

SpamalotDiva
#4re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/10/07 at 4:56pm

It was my first show too! I really really am gonna miss it!

You Know you're a B'way geek when... Ok Ok I made this one up... "When someone asks what you want(for Christmas, B-day, Gala Event...) and you reply..." I wanna be a Producer!" Sammi bproudbblonde.piczo.com 4 sheet music

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#4re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/10/07 at 7:33pm

So if the lease was up for the Lunt, aren't they just renewing it anyway for The Little Mermaid? Why can't Disney just take over another theater? Close Spring Awakening! Do we really need more horny teenagers running around New York? (I'm joking....) But seriously, I really am going to miss Beauty and the Beast and hopefully I will have another chance to see it before they close.

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#5re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/10/07 at 7:57pm

Nah, Close TARZAN!!! Disney says the reason they didn't close it is because they think they can make an international name for TARZAN, but if they close it on Broadway, then that makes them look kinda dumb. I think they look linda dumb for opening it in the first place....

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#6re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/10/07 at 9:42pm

Tarzan Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont Dis Tarzan!!!!!!!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#7re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/10/07 at 9:46pm

i wish the little mermaid would go into the minskoff, but i really don't care. Beauty is an amazing show and show. I saw it at the palace with Kerry Butler and became my most cherished memory

Spacedog78 Profile Photo
Spacedog78
#8re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/10/07 at 10:03pm

Beauty and the Beast was terrible when I saw it last month. It was dull and boring. The cast were like robots doing things without a reason. I was extremely disappointed. The only reason I went to see it was because I never got a chance to in the past and wanted to catch it before it closed. To be honest, i couldn't wait for it to end, and I couldn't believe I payed money for that. I have seen better performances by regional theatres. The show itself is NOT bad, but the entire cast except for Cogsworth, were disgusting. They did not seem to care that hundreds of people payed money to watch this beautiful show, there was NO effort put into it and it really pissed me off because there are plenty of actors that would love to have their jobs. I do not blame them entirely, but thats what happens when shows run too long and do not get freshened up from time to time. It played too long and I am glad to see it go.

flutesinger2626 Profile Photo
flutesinger2626
#9re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/10/07 at 11:00pm

I'm going to miss Beauty and the Beast. It was my very first Broadway Show, and really got my started on my love for musical theater

Q:What advice do you have for aspiring Broadway stars who are terminally shy? I love your work, because you seem so bold. How do you do it? A:"I think I take more chances on stage then I do in real life but you can't learn anything if you don't challenge yourself. And don't say "terminally". If you love to perform then you have no choice, just keep training and focus on the words or the music whenever you find yourself slipping back inside yourself. You're not doing anyone any favors if you withhold your talents from the world"- Idina Menzel

millie_dillmount
#10re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/10/07 at 11:30pm

I don't think they can make an international name for Tarzan...I think Beauty and the Beast is more enjoyable to begin with.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#11re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 4:56am

I too will miss Beauty & The Beast. The shows special to me because when I came to New York years ago for vacation. BATB was my 1st and only show I have ever seen in my life, it started me off into enjoying Musicals. I even wrote about the Musical in my exam last year and had a great grade for it.

I saw the show in July 2001 with Sarah Litzsinger and she was wonderful as Belle. Steve Blanchard was amazing as the Beast then at that time. What amazed me from the beginning was the Overture then at the end where it comes to the finale.

I'm considering to return to see the show before it closes, but not sure if my family can buy time to see it. Oh well, maybe someone will film it and put it somewhere on the net.

Finally, would anyone know if BATB would do another extensive National Tour after closing on Broadway or maybe tour Internationally in various places including Europe & the UK??

dancinfan
#12re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 6:29am

There are already a number of licensed international companies, including a German tour, I think, that look different from the Broadway production, directed by different people, most notably the director from North shore Music Theatre.

I heard something recently about a version of the original (the bigger cast and the bigger set) happening in Mexico City this fall, and there may be a company like that in Japan right now.

ThankstoPhantom
#13re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 10:21am

Opening the show up to regional theatres was why they closed the tour, so I don't think they'll be reopeneing with regional and high productions poppins up.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

chorusgirl16 Profile Photo
chorusgirl16
#14re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 10:57am

I agree, Beauty and the Beast is a fantastic show and I'm going to miss it!

millie_dillmount
#15re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 11:02am

I'll most likely make a trip back to see it.

ragdoll4390 Profile Photo
ragdoll4390
#16re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 4:08pm

I'm really going to miss it as well,this was also my first broadway show ever,I saw it when toni braxton was belle,and a couple of more times afterwards.I am definitley going to see it one more time before its gone.

choose to be happy:0)-Grey Gardens

bwaylvsong
#17re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 4:23pm

It was my first Broadway show, too, and I will be sure to see it at least once more.

PS: How long do you all think it will be until there's a revival?

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#18re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 4:33pm

I highly doubt that there will be a revival. If there is one, it won't be any time soon. This was my first show as well, and it remains one of my happiest memories. I saw it for my second time a few months ago and was less than impressed. I think that many of the cast members are getting bored (especially those that have been there for a while). I do want to see it once more before it closes and I hope it's better than tha last time I saw it! As much as I'll miss it being on Broadway, every show has to end at some point.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#19re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 4:36pm

They didn't close Tarzan because that theater is so small and way too small for Mermaid.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#20re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 4:58pm

I would have liked for it to stay open for a little while more but ohh well. I wish The Lion King went to the palace while mermaid took the minskoff. I know that they were already booked but its just personal preferance. Tarzan needs to close to make way for the "Dreamgirls" revival!

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#21re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 7:31pm

I have my cast recording...the show is available through MTI for whenever I want to perform in it or direct it...I say let them go quietly into the night! it isn't like the material is disappearing off the face of the earth, I'm sure there will be a high school near you doing the show sometime so anyone can see it again.

This is a great piece of theatre fun and I say to Disney "keep'em comin!"

bohemianxsunshine Profile Photo
bohemianxsunshine
#22re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 8:03pm

I saw BatB for the last time last weekend, and I still love it. The only flaws were some actors, Beast and Lumiere. The past 2 Lumieres I saw were pretty awesome (Peter Flynn and Jacob Young) but this one (Jon Tartaglia) was just a horrible actor. He could not impersonate the French accident, it bothered me and it was hideous all throughout the show. The actual acting and being Lumiere was okay, though. Steve Blanchard just has to go. He's been there way too long and I don't think is acting is strong enough anymore. He's supposed to be the Beast, and I feel that he takes it for granted now.

theatre major, class of 2011 ♥
MARIAN: Well, what would you like to take out?
HAROLD HILL: The librarian.
MARIAN: Quiet, please!
HAROLD HILL: (whispering)The librarian.

I would like to invite you to Voices for Rent! The Official Rent fanbase! Come and join your fellow RENTheads!

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#23re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 8:03pm

i agree. beauty and the beast was my first broadway show as well. it's kind of sad to see it go and for me especially because of the sentimental value there. but it did have a long healthy run which is wonderful.
i hope the little mermaid does as well, because if it doesn't disney will really regret their decision to close such a success for something that didn't "rake it in" so-to-speak as much as BATB!

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

millie_dillmount
#24re: I'm Gonna Miss Beauty and the Beast : (
Posted: 2/11/07 at 8:14pm

I don't think anyone ever did a "French accident" onstage.

Videos