New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 9:31am

Oh Lord. What a silly looking ad.

I didn't know Celie could afford a dye job.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 3/1/07 at 09:31 AM

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#2re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 9:55am

Ugh . . . I can't stand her!

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#2re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 10:03am

I really don't enjoy the blonde hair.

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#3re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 10:04am

I agree

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#4re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 10:05am

Move over, Laura Bell Bundy. Make room for LEGALLY CELIE.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#5re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 2:23pm

I couldn't help but chuckle that the Chicago company will feature yet another American Idol alum (LaToya London). I'm just waiting for Ruben Studdard to get in on the act.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#6re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 2:39pm

well on Oprah she asked her if she enjoyed the blond dye job but emphasized it was "just for now".

not to mention doesn't she wear a wig during the show?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#7re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 2:41pm

EVERYONE in the show wears a wig, for practical purposes (and head-mics).

It's rare that anyone on Broadway doesn't wear a wig in a show, male and female.

VIETgrlTerifa
#8re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 2:47pm

That has to be the worst thing I've ever seen. I hope someone got fired for it.

A musical about love? Is that really their tag line?

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#9re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 2:54pm

Yeah, Lesbian love.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#10re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:10pm

please tell me they don't intend to display that anywhere publicly. The picture is waaaaayyyy too wrong for the show
the blonde hair
the modern clothing
the happy "oh yeah girl" look

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#11re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:11pm

please tell me they don't intend to display that anywhere publicly. The picture is waaaaayyyy too wrong for the show
the blonde hair
the modern clothing
the happy "oh yeah girl" look

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#12re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:15pm

You guys are ridiculous.

They're just showing a picture of Fantasia on the COLOR PURPLE ad. It's not "THIS PICTURE IS OF FANTASIA AS CELIE IN THE COLOR PURPLE." PLEASE. You have got to be kidding. They're just announcing her addition to the cast. It's not intended to show what she's going to look like in the role.

People on here KILL me.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#13re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:16pm

I broke my shooooooooo-ooooe!

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

CurtainPullDowner
#14re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:16pm

It's been in all the major New York Newspapers,
and the TV ad is very similar
"Broaway Baby"

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#15re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:17pm

greatest acceptance speech.....EVA!!!

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#16re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:19pm

Oh and PS, as for the ad, I don't see anything wrong with it. I prefer that picture and the blonde hair to how she looked on Idol when she announced her stint.

...eww. That dress was not pretty on her.

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

CurtainPullDowner
#17re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:20pm

Getting out the cobbler hammer again!

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#18re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:22pm

She is the standby for LBB it was easier to dye than wig her.

"Ohmagawd Ohmgawd woo wohh wooh"

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

secret-soul Profile Photo
secret-soul
#19re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:24pm

regardless of how wrong the hair/dress/casting is, that is an UGLY add. it's poorly laid out and the entire concept is a mess. yuck.

Plince! Plince! Nein! T-Rex!!

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#20re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:27pm

This seems like an awful lot of nasty... over a ho-hum ad. I thought she was fantastic on Oprah.

kmc

Jesus saves. I spend.

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#21re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 3:53pm

re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair

I like her and i think that she can pull it off, but she looks like duck.

VIETgrlTerifa
#22re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 4:10pm

Munk, that doesn't negate the fact that it's highly unattractive and that the layout is just poorly done. I know you were probably talking to the other posters who keep harping on the dye job, but I'm just talking about the banner itself regardless of her hair or manly features. I don't care if it's only used to let people know she's in it, the job is to make Fantasia in the Color Purple seem appealing for people to buy tickets. Even if most people who will do that are already fans of Fantasia, it doesn't hurt to make the banner look good.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."
Updated On: 3/1/07 at 04:10 PM

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#23re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 4:13pm

"Move over, Laura Bell Bundy. Make room for LEGALLY CELIE."

Best.
Line.
Ever.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

InTheKnow2
#24re: New Fantasia COLOR PURPLE Advertisement with Blonde Hair
Posted: 3/1/07 at 4:25pm

"Move over, Laura Bell Bundy. Make room for LEGALLY CELIE."

Much better tag line than "The musical about love"
I thought they were just using that for the Valentine's Day period but it stuck, lol