pixeltracker

My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review

My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#1My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 1:06am

Tonight I had the pleasure of going with my friend the son of Lorine Mazzel ( the condoctor for the NY Philharmonic) for a VIP trip to see Keli O'Hara as Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady. Let me say that she was amazing as always. Her amazing soprano really showed during I could have danced all night. And Kelsey Grammer was amazing as Higgins. I had never been to Lincoln Center before and it was amazing to see such an amazing show done concert style. The corgraphy was amazing and so was the orchestra. Its playing till saturday night if you can by all means go.

I got a chance to spend a good few minuets talking with Kelli O'hara one on one and she is the most sweetest person in the world. I also thought I ran into Sherri Renee Scott and her husband but I wasn't sure. I didn't want to walk up to her and imbarissingly ask her if she was Sherri.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#2re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 1:19am

Very exciting! I don't care for My Fair Lady, but this cast sounds like they WOULD be amazing, so I hope they make a recording.

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#2re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 1:19am

I think this was my first double post!! what a milestone... Updated On: 3/8/07 at 01:19 AM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#3re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 1:29am

you don't care for MY FAIR LADY???
WTF.

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#4re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 1:35am

it's true, I don't like My Fair Lady...or Camelot. There are some songs from My Fair Lady I really enjoy, though.

NathanLaneStalker
#5re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 1:53am

Can we have more details on Kelsey Grammer? PLEASE! I wish I were ther to see this sooooo badly.. re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#6re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 7:38am

What about Brian Dennehy?

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#7re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 8:46am

Grammer was AMAZING. As for Denehee sp? on stage he wwas great. My friend who I said before is the son of the conductor of the NY philharmonic wich plays at Avery Fischer hall. Normally you can go backstage during intermission. The security gard who knew my friend let us in despitethe fact htat we didn't know that for this show we current coulnd't. We wen' backt theere and my friend told him who he was but he still yelled at us for being two teens walking roudn where we shoulnd't be.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

stonewall2
#8re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 8:50am

Winston 89- I hate to be critical this early in the morning, but your posting would have been so much better if your spelling was correct (we all make mistakes, myself included, but thry to use the "Preview post" feature";
First- it is LOREN, which you should really know if his son is a "good friend"; try conductor (not "doctor");Use caps and put song titles in quotes;and choreography has that all important "h' in it; days of the week also use caps (Saturday); and a minuet is a dance,while a minute is a measure of time- also "most sweetest" doesn't cut it, just sweetest would be correct, and embarrass begins with an "e" NOT an "i". noy to mentiong the rest of the word has errors.
Honey, you meant well, but if you want to be taken seriously and have your thoughts considered credible, then spelling and punctuation (yep, you needed that corrected too!) should be proper. No one has a gun to your head as far as typing to get a post on as quickly as possible and I make errors too due to Rheumatoid Arthritis which make it hard to use the keyboard most of the time, but I often see my mistakes later and go back and edit them. That's why the adults got ticked off and started shifting the younger crowd over to the student board as it was beginning to be like reading a foreign language over here!
All of that aside, you sound like you had a great time and I'm glad that you enjoyed the show. Please don't take this as an attack, I'm just an old teacher trying to make these boards readable again- the IM notation and flat out glaring errors are really growing!

"I'm mad, you're mad. we're all mad"... The Cheshire Cat

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#9re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 9:02am

See, Winston, I'm not the only one to get on you for your lack of grammar and spelling skills.

Other than that, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It does sound like an AMAZING evening.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Shakespearean Profile Photo
Shakespearean
#10re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 9:07am

I saw Tim Jerome on the flyer. Who did he play? How was he?

Thanks!

Barihunk Profile Photo
Barihunk
#11re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 9:12am

Actually, it is Lorin Maazel.

Thesaurus.com might be of use ass well.

Amazing
Synonyms: astounding, bewildering, breathtaking, extraordinary, impressive, marvelous, miraculous, spectacular, staggering, startling, striking, stunning, stupefying, stupendous, wonderful, wondrous

"When you're a gay man, you have to feel good about yourself when a urologist says, "Yeah. I pick you". - Happy Endings

Barihunk Profile Photo
Barihunk
#12re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 9:12am

Actually, it is Lorin Maazel.

Thesaurus.com might be of use as well.

Amazing
Synonyms: astounding, bewildering, breathtaking, extraordinary, impressive, marvelous, miraculous, spectacular, staggering, startling, striking, stunning, stupefying, stupendous, wonderful, wondrous

"When you're a gay man, you have to feel good about yourself when a urologist says, "Yeah. I pick you". - Happy Endings

stonewall2
#13re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 9:20am

Barihunk, I thought your spelling was right, but I did a quick Google check before I posted and the way I wrote it is the way they now have it listed. I guess we need to update the researchers over there, huh (but ALL of the articles had "simplified the spelling, so are we to belive that even a great conductor has made his name easier for the media to handle?). Thanks for finding the "orgonal" and I believe to be, correct spelling- but I must say, I did like your post with the "ass" in it (I might have left that one in just to see it anyone caught it before their coffee kicked in!). Thanks again.

"I'm mad, you're mad. we're all mad"... The Cheshire Cat

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#14re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 11:29am

In my defense look at the time that I wrote the original post. It was past midnight. When I post reviews online I do it right after I see the show because the show is fresh in my mind. I knew then and knew now that there were a few spelling errors in that original post. However, being that I was focusing more on what went on with the show itself and not the spelling of the post. Yes normally I am careful about my spelling but it was late and I wanted to get to be and was very tired.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#15re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 11:44am

I actually totally disagree with your review in every way, but I'm glad you enjoyed the show!

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#16re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:17pm

It really sounds AMAZING! No, REALLY AMAZING!
I find it humorous that the only spelling you were unsure of was Dennehy's name, thus the (sp) after you typed it. Perhaps you should use that more often? Or better yet, how about a spell-cheker?

PEACE.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#17re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:22pm

I am assuming, Sueleen, that you purposely misspelled "spell-cheker (sic)?"

re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#18re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:43pm

AH! Funny. No, not intentional, just a typo, which is allowed from time two time.

(Now THAT was intentional.)

PEACE.
Updated On: 3/8/07 at 12:43 PM

#19re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/9/07 at 2:15pm

saw it last night! fantasitc!!!!!re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review

run , don't walk....superb.

the singing amazing-...the phillharmonic-breathtaking, the dancing-flawless...It said SEMI STAGED in the program, looked like a full scale production to me.

the leads were wonderful. Kelli has an perfect voice, Kelsey was a wonderful Henry Higgins. If I had the money, I would see it again. It's a shame it is such a short run.

Wild Roses
#20re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/9/07 at 2:25pm

I second the wishing that they would tape it. I would love to see this cast, especially Kelsey's take on Higgins.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#21re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/9/07 at 2:43pm

Thanks for the reivew!! I also really hope that they tape this, I just love Kelli.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

#22re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/9/07 at 3:18pm

aren't they taping it? I heard they were taping it for PBS? not true? what a SHAME if they aren't.

IheartJ-TAGS Profile Photo
IheartJ-TAGS
#23re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/9/07 at 7:32pm

Yeah they aren't recording it. From what I understand there are some politics involved. I am so excited to see this on Saturday night!

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#24re: My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center Review
Posted: 3/9/07 at 7:51pm

No disrespect meant, but I cannot for the life of me picture Kelsey Grammar as Henry Higgins. It has something to do with having seen Peter O'Toole in Pygmalion and Ian Richardson in MFL.

Videos