Shows You Regret Seeing

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#25re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:49pm

I don't regret seeing shows, even if they were bad.

Then you can say they sucked, and people can't argue because you actually did see them. if you say "I heard that sucks" or "I have the cd and it sucks" you have no proof of if the show sucked.

And I've been pretty lucky that out of the hundreds of shows I've seen I've really only NOT enjoyed like 2.

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

neddyfrank2
#26re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:54pm

The only reason I regret seeing the Les Miz because I already saw the show and I could have seen something new.

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#27re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:00pm

I regret seeing NICK & NORA in 1991. It was not a learning experience--it was just a terrible, regretable mess of a show.

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

lesmisforever Profile Photo
lesmisforever
#28re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:15pm

Phantom of the Opera, the revival of Les Mis

"I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#29re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:18pm

Okay, le tme rephrase: I regret letting my friends talk me into spending my money on the G-d awful Producers when I didn't want to see it in the first place.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#30re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:19pm

As much as I regret spending the money to see Talk Radio I did anticipate not liking it and got the cheap balcony seat. And I made a friend's girlfriend VERY happy. So even if sitting through it did bore the crap out of me, I did something good. And I know I never have to go see it again! (Because my parents trust my judgment.)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#31re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:21pm

"Wicked"
"Butley"

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#32re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:22pm

Well, yeah, that was really what was being implied, but I do regret seeing RENT because I didn't feel that I was watching art, more or less at a rock concert with a bunch of fangirls that were annoying as all hell. Minus the fangirls singing and clapping at unnecessary times, it probably would have been enjoyable for me.

Although I did enjoy some of the music.

Plus, I regret seeing Beauty and the Beast when I was four, and I hardly remember it. It was my first show. I saw it twice (ages four and five) so I still do not remember it. My mom refuses to see it again because she saw it twice as well and would rather see something new. I just wish I had been older so I could remember it.

The Best of Times is Now!
Updated On: 4/15/07 at 09:22 PM

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#33re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:22pm

The only reason I regret seeing Beauty and the Beast is because when I say what my first Broadway musical was the truth is B&B, but I always use the second show I saw; The King and I revival with the brilliant Donna Murphy.

I didn't like seeing: Fiddler On The Roof revival (Alfred Molina, Heartbreak House, and Spamalot.

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#34re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:27pm

aw, I enjoyed Fiddler. What didn't you like about it?

The Best of Times is Now!

BigFatBlonde Profile Photo
BigFatBlonde
#35re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:43pm

Master Class with Faye Dunaway. I should have stopped with Caldwell and LuPone.

What great ones do the less will prattle of

MerMaggieGalinda
#36re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:50pm

Phantom of the Opera in March 2006. Granted I love the show, I couldn't stand most of my cast, ESPECIALLY Rebecca Pitcher, how on earth did she end up playing Christine? She can't act, and her voice.....I didn't know it was possible for a Christine to have so much vibrato that she'd go off in every single song. The only good person I remember is Howard McGillin as the Phantom, the only one who managed to sing and act great.

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#37re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:58pm

Don't regret seeing shows but A WONDERFUL LIFE the Musical was horrendous.

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

dfwtheatreguy Profile Photo
dfwtheatreguy
#38re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 11:14pm

I dont think I regret anything I've seen on Broadway, havent seen enough to have regrets and I was very choosy about what I did see, although "Wedding Singer" was something I could have doen without seeing.

But regional shows, however, are another story:

- "Camelot" at Plano Rep - i went b/c i knew friends in the show and i had never seen this "classic" musical - but 3 1/2 hours later i was bored out of my skull

- "Hello Dolly" in Austin - i went for similar reasons, friends and had never seen this "classic" musical - but not only was this production horribly miscast but the story and music reaffirmed that i have an intense hatred for everything Jerry Herman

- any production of "Fiddler on the Roof" - kill me now!

- the touring production of "On the Record" - this is the ONLY time in my entire theatre going life that I have left a show at intermission, you would think a Disney revue would have more pop and sparkle, but this turkey laid a big fat egg

"The theatre is so endlessly fascinating because it's so accidental. It's so much like life." - Arthur Miller

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#39re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/15/07 at 11:58pm

The only two shows I regret seeing are Tarzan and Phatnom. I am not only talking about a money standpoint. I believe that the amound of money one paid for a show can add into the feeling of regreat they have after seeing a show they hate. I can see anyone saying "I spend THAT money on THIS?!?!?"

But, I regreat seeing Phantom because it was just well let me say that bad wouldn't even begin to descirbe it. I personally don't know why this show pops the cork and has cake after every preformance. And there was a poster ( forgot who) who said a statment that I agree with. If the Really Useful group was in fact really useful they would close this show. I also regreat the fact that I had to essentally graval at my mother's feet to let me see a wednesday afternoon show and it ended up being Phantom. I left at intermission.

Tarzan had some catchy music and that was it. I was lucky enough to snag a 20 dollar ticket and had I paid a dollar more I would have bitched to the box office. That was a show that I stayed till the end.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#40re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/16/07 at 12:00am

Okay then, I regret spending money on Dr. Doolittle.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

NathanLaneStalker
#41re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/16/07 at 12:04am

I never regret seeing a show....OKAY one...Beauty and the Beast when Donny Osmond was in it. ONLY because one week later Jonathan Freeman and John Tartaglia joined the cast and then I was pissed because I wanted to see it again.

And then some productions could have been bad...like Tarzan, but I don't regret seeing it because of the wonderful cast.

I do regret NOT seeing Spring Awakening.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#42re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/16/07 at 12:12am

I don't regret seeing a show, even if I hated it (coughcoughlestatcoughcough). I still love seeing shows, and I don't think I could ever REGRET something. I am upset about some things though...Haha.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

#43re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/16/07 at 3:53am

Donny was in BatB?? as who?

Yeah I don't really regret seeing any shows. Well I took my grandma to her first SOndheim show, when I was a teen, a community production of A Little Night Music that was so awful and wrong--nearly the whoel cast approached the piece as a cartoon which ruined th eentire show--but my grandma realized that it was the production not the piece itself at fault--I was just kinda embarassed for her sake. But I suppose community productions don't count or else a lot more will be listed on here...

E

NathanLaneStalker
#44re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/16/07 at 4:23am

You didn't know!? it was kind of a big deal on here. He played Gaston from September (or October) through December. He was REALLY good.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Eastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
#45re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/16/07 at 5:44am

I can nearly always find something to redeem a show, no matter how bad it may be (and a glass or two of wine before and in the interval can work wonders), but I really regret being talked into spending money on Notre Dame de Paris.

I also regret being taken to the original London production of Into the Woods when I was nine and not being able to remember any of it re: Shows You Regret Seeing

buddharich
#46re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/16/07 at 8:38am

Not sure if "regret" is the right word, but I hated hated hated "Bring In Da Noise/Bring In Da Funk". The worst show ever!

I am also someone who has never understood the appeal of "Fiddler On The Roof"...

misschung
#47re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/16/07 at 11:24am

The Harlem Globetrotters, lol.

for broadway - 1776 and Titanic. I agree that I don't regret seeing any Broadway shows because you can at least form your own opinion on them and be taken seriously if you've seen them. And I didn't pay for either of the tickets, so it wasn't like I lost money. The other one I regret seeing (and paying for!) was James Joyce's The Dead

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?
Updated On: 7/29/07 at 11:24 AM

MimiJudith Profile Photo
MimiJudith
#48re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/16/07 at 11:27am

Definitely "The Little Dog Laughed."

buddharich, what was wrong with "Bring in Da Noise?" I never saw it and wondered about it.

SorryGrateful
#49re: Shows You Regret Seeing
Posted: 4/16/07 at 11:35am

I regret spending money on, and convincing a friend to do likewise on, The Pirate Queen. I've stated my reasons on these boards long enough. But I feel betrayed by my money. It usually brings me such good things.

*edited for bad grammar*

You promised me poems. ~Tricky
Updated On: 4/16/07 at 11:35 AM