That says student rush.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

goofy108 Profile Photo
goofy108
#27re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 1:19am

thanks!
im going on jason tam's final performance; august 12. maybe it will be sold out and i can get SRO. if not i suppose i will try tkts.

i would rush but i will already be in line for legally blonde. oh the game of getting cheap tickets.

C is for Company
#28re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 3:30pm

I agree as well with those here who have said the drama around here may very well have contributed to the withdrawal of the lotto policy. To quote orangeskittles: "Congratulations to all the assholes here that b*tched about the lotto being "rigged"." Are you all happy about being "winners" now?

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#29re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 3:42pm

Wow, good job to everyone who had to moan and complain about the lottery being rigged (and again, there was no proof) and now, there is no more lottery.

Great job guys! Way to go.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#30re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 3:48pm

Yay for complaining!

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#31re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 3:50pm

Yay for moaning!

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

ben4
#32re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 3:50pm

"Wow, good job to everyone who had to moan and complain about the lottery being rigged (and again, there was no proof) and now, there is no more lottery.

Great job guys! Way to go."

Yeah, bitch bitch bitch....

No one cares what anyone has to say on a stupid message board. And there's already plans to start a regular student rush line. This was probably done because of the lessining demand for the rush tickets.

The people who think it has anything to do with peoples complaints about the lotto being rigged are both naive and delusional.

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#33re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:11pm

Now you see, children, this is why we can't have nice things.

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

goofy108 Profile Photo
goofy108
#34re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:13pm

moaning about moaning.
now we have come full circle.

C is for Company
#35re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:26pm

Reap what you sow fools!

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#36re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:38pm

Oh please, they wouldn't cancel the lottery just because of people complaining about it; they would cancel the lottery because they got caught in their own lies and dishonesty, and ended it before it became even more of a mess. If the lottery were completely on the up and up, it would still be there. It wasn't, they got called on it, and its gone.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#37re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:43pm

http://talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=1441552

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

C is for Company
#38re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:47pm

Thank you for posting Lizzie

To reiterate: "They didn't cancel because it was rigged. They canceled, in part I am sure, because SOME posters from here and ATC had been making a scene at the theatre, which I had seen."

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#39re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:48pm

The people who think it has anything to do with peoples complaints about the lotto being rigged are both naive and delusional.

Well, the poster on ATC (who says he/she works for ACL) indicates that there were disruptions and threats against the lotto lady and that's the reason for the cancellation. Quite a lively discussion there!
I told you this would happen re: ACL rush

ILoveWicked330
#40re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:48pm

Do we know for sure that the reason the lotto was cancelled was because of people complaining it was rigged? No, we don't.
For all we know, maybe the "lotto lady" got a new job and they couldn't find someone else to do the lotto. I know that sounds stupid but "rumors" about it being fixed also sounds stupid.

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#41re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:58pm

WestVillage says "Oh please, they wouldn't cancel the lottery just because of people complaining about it; they would cancel the lottery because they got caught in their own lies and dishonesty, and ended it before it became even more of a mess. If the lottery were completely on the up and up, it would still be there. It wasn't, they got called on it, and its gone."

I agree wholeheartedly! Other posters on ATC seem to think so also.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#42re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 5:37pm

I hope the lotto lady is able to find work.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#43re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/30/07 at 6:04pm

I'm skeptical about this "shotzie" person on ATC that said,
A CHORUS LINE has now pulled it's lottery as a direct result of all the crap they had to endure from posters here and on Broadwayworld.com, including some very nasty recent episodes in the theater lobby where securtity had to ask people to leave.

A direct result? I think the poster is a hoax. Otherwise, after all the "crap they had to endure from posters", we'd surely have a new Cassie.

Updated On: 7/30/07 at 06:04 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#44re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/31/07 at 11:12am

There's also several websites that offer discount tickets for ACL. And the show has been consistantly selling-out on Fridays, Sat. night & Sundays(making SRO available). If you noticed in the grosses, their ticket average is only $70.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

broadwayguy2
#45re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:07pm

Guys, I asked. It was, for a FACT, cancelled because of the crap that went on here and on ATC. There were people from the two message boards creating a scene during the lottery several times and causing disruptions and they didn't want the liability of it.

Believe me, they read the boards. The cast and crew has been well aware of the drama on here. Because SOME posters can not conduct themselves as adults at the theatre, lottery is gone. The demand for rush seats was still there. They show doesn't have STELLAR sales, but people came for the lottery consistently.

For those of you who think no one pays attention to the boards.. really?!? Do you SEE how often these boards get mentioned in interviews.. mostly for the negtivity that it creates.

Grow up. Give it a rest. Some of you got what you wanted.

For the record, this rush is going to be "based on availability", so even if you show up first, you may not get a seats. Good going.

musicalsFan
#46re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:25pm

Give me a break!

Every small church, Knights of Columbus, whatnot knows HOW to run a raffle/lottery properly.

It says something about the idiots at ACL that they can't even do something as simple as conduct a simple, fair lottery properly.

Laughable.

broadwayguy2
#47re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:30pm

They did conduct the lottery properly. No different than any other lottery on Broadway, believe me.

The IDIOTS are the message board queens griping about something they know nothing about.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#48re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:41pm

Yet everyone still whines as to whether or not it was those "idiots at ACL" or the "idiots on the message boards." No one is ever going to come to some agreement as to whose fault it is. It's both parties faults. Move on. It's done with. Who cares? There's tons of other shows in the city to see that offer lotto; if you have your heart set on ACL, save up some money or go for the rush. Yes, ACL is still at least offering a rush policy. My goodness.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#49re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:44pm

orangeskittles, thanks for giving me and my "tantrum" a shout out. Glad to know it was so memorable.