Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:00pm

*poof!*

Updated On: 12/13/07 at 12:00 PM

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#26re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:01pm

*****SPOILER*******

You don't think they'll change the ending? One of the shots made it seem like a Wedding Reception for Sophie/WhatsHisFace. But then again, it could have been the Rehearsal Dinner.

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#27re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:01pm

I disliked the stage show as well. But this might make me a ... a... what do you call a Mamma Mia fan?

(and don't say "gay". ) hehe

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#28re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:03pm

Dominic Cooper is ridiculously hot.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#29re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:05pm

I think it looks great. I was skeptical about Meryl -- not so much because of her singing, but because I was afraid that her involvement meant the movie wouldn't be, well, silly enough. The trailer is changing my mind, however.

I'm also really happy the basic visual style is intact from the stage version. My biggest complain about the Hairspray film is that it's basically just another version of the Hairspray script that happens to use the Broadway score. Visually, it has almost nothing in common with the stage version. With Mamma Mia, though, it's like the Broadway design made real, and I love it!

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#30re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:07pm

I am not a fan of Sophie's voice, and Cooper does nothing for me...his eyes creep me out.

That said, it looks wonderful. I'm still smarting that Streep couldn't do Sweeney, but she seems luminous in this role.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

CouldaWouldaShoulda Profile Photo
CouldaWouldaShoulda
#31re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:08pm

Meryl can do anything. I love her!!

"A well-rounded performer will listen to all kinds of music. I like classical, Middle Eastern, and rock a lot." -- Patti LuPone

CouldaWouldaShoulda Profile Photo
CouldaWouldaShoulda
#32re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:08pm

Meryl can do anything. I love her!!

"A well-rounded performer will listen to all kinds of music. I like classical, Middle Eastern, and rock a lot." -- Patti LuPone

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#33re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:12pm

I believe that is a rehearsal dinner for Sky and Sophie. The film indeed ends exactly like the play -- same outcome, etc. I just hope they even have the final image in the film, Sophie and Sky walking on the pier. re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#34re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:14pm

I do hope they include the medley during the credits.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#35re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:15pm

Please run the opening credits over the Overture. It just gets me all amped up.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

scarlson
#36re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:37pm

I also saw the show...didn't love it. In fact I was a little peeved because I could barely hear the speaking parts, but when the music came on it was like I was being blown out of my seat. Let's just say that I was indifferent to it upon my first experience. However, with the combination of Meryl, who as another poster said really can to anything, and Amanda Seyfried, who I loved in Mean Girls, Veronica Mars and Big Love, along with the gorgeous backdrop of the Aegean Islands, I think this could be one of my favorites of the "new" generation of movie musicals.

gottadance2 Profile Photo
gottadance2
#37re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 12:53pm

Looks so beautiful! How incredible that they actually got to shoot in the Greek islands. Can't wait. re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#38re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 1:19pm

No matter what, this movie will see HUGE box office numbers overseas.

This musical is so popular, in just about every territory.

I wonder if they will dub the movie and its songs for the different markets.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

MuseOfComedy
#39re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 1:29pm

foster, pass me that bucket after you're through.

Broadwaywest2 Profile Photo
Broadwaywest2
#40re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 1:32pm

Just saw the trailer. Now mind you I have yet to see the show, which I need to get to because it is closing this month here in vegas, but this looks like its going to be so much fun. I was smiling when I saw the trailer. Of course I smiled through a lot of Muriel's Wedding as well. Abba music just has that affect.

Yankeefan007
#41re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 1:48pm

I think it's really funny how the trailers manage to cater to two niche groups.

In one clip, you see a shirtless Dominic Cooper. In the next clip, you see Amanda Seyfried soaking wet in a bathing suit with her cleavage staring at you.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#42re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 1:50pm

I think it looks like a great film that will make a crapload of money around the world.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#43re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 1:50pm

Its a summer film. Bring on that skin baby!

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Yankeefan007
#44re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 1:52pm

Not sure that I like Seyfried's voice, based solely on the trailer alone. I'm so used to Sophie being a soprano.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#45re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:13pm

Seriously, it's ABBA not Sondheim.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Meryl Streep. Whoever said the film wouldn't be silly enough due to Streep's involvement needs to go and rent DEATH BECOMES HER, Streep gives one of her campiest, silliest (in a good way), most hilarious performances to date. She is an excellent comedienne.
I am not a big fan of the second trailer (too much Seynfeld and Cooper, not enough Meryl), the UK trailer is fantastic! I love that scene with Streep falling on the mattress with her legs open and I also love it when she says "I used to have fun" *sigh* She simply cracks me up. I love that woman.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

BroadwayNick Profile Photo
BroadwayNick
#46re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:24pm

I have to say I was a tad skeptical about Amanda Seyfried in the role, having known her from Mean Girls and thinking she was totally wrong for the part-just in her look. Just having seen the trailer, she totally surprised me! I can't wait to see it! I barely recognized her from Mean Girls!
I love the look of the film, should be just a really fun time!

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. --Dave Berry

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#47re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:32pm

i loved the traier. i cant wait to see the movie. i cant stop smiling either...i will be replaying this all day. amanda sounds great and meryl looks like shes having a blast. this made my day since i stuck here at college an hour and a half from nyc. i loved the stage version. hope they have mamma mia/dancing queen/ waterloo medley during the credits or something. i cant wait to see how they do under attack.
heres a link to the full cast:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795421/

Mandy Moore, Amanda Bynes, Rachel McAdams, and Emmy Rossum were all considered for the part of Sophie.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#48re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:34pm

re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer

Which do you prefer?

Yow.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#49re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:38pm

Holy smokes!

If that photo doesn't turn a guy gay, I don't know what will.

Ouch!

re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer