accident at wicked tonight

jaded
#1accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 1:07am

anyone have any information?

All i know is that stephanie did not come out for curtain call and she apparently hurt her arm in an idina-like trap door incident during the melting scene. If anyone has any information i'd love to hear if she is okay or not.

thevolleyballer
#2re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 1:25am

I know it's morbid, but I love that you referred to the incident as "Idina-like."

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#2re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 2:39am

I hope it's not too serious and that she heals quick re: accident at wicked tonight

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 2:40am

This sucks. I like Stephanie. I hope she's okay.

bluetuna
#4re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 2:49am

Was she still able to finish the show (i.e. come up out of the trap door after the melting scene)?

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#5re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 2:59am

Yeah, from what I heard she finished the show but didn't come out to bow.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#6re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 3:13am

So what exactly happened? Did the trap door malfunction again? I hope Stephanie recovers quickly.

lesmis Profile Photo
lesmis
#7re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 6:32am

I hope she's alright. I saw Wicked on 12/12 and she's amazing.

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#8re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 6:38am

that show is going to ruin somebody's career one day. I hope she's ok, I love her to death and hope she heals soon :)

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#9re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 6:50am

WICKED is the A CHORUS LINE for non-dancers in terms of injuries. I wish her a speedy recovery.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

FallintoLight Profile Photo
FallintoLight
#10re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 7:49am

I was there. I'm not really sure what happend but I knew something wasn't right when she didn't go all the way through the trapped door and I could hear her crying. Like a trooper she finished the show but did not move her arm. She was rushed to the hospital and did not come out for curtain call. She's in my thoughts and prayers!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#11re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 7:57am

Scary! I hope she's alright and that she heals fast.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#12re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 8:04am

Best wishes for a full and quick recovery to a lovely, wonderful performer.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#13re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 8:56am

Any new info?

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#14re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 8:57am

I find it both ironic and sad that in the two productions of this show she was in. She managed to get hurt both times. First on tour and now on broadway.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#15re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 9:59am

Wishing her a speedy recovery. Feel better soon, Stephanie!

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#16re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 10:02am

How aweful! re: accident at wicked tonight

I hope it isn't anything very serious. Wishing a speedy recovery to a very talented lady.

Yankeefan007
#17re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 10:17am

Ouch

bardolator
#18re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:02am

Praying for you, Steph!

(And for all those at risk on the stages--Elphabas do seem to get hurt more often than those in other roles, though.)

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#19re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:03am

You'd think - especially after what happened to Idina that there would be double and tripple checks now!

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#20re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:16am

accidents still happen though, elphie. And nothing against actors, but sometimes it's there fault too. It's not always the stagehands to blame:)

fsuchris
#21t
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:21am

Updated On: 12/15/07 at 11:21 AM

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#22re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:21am

People do seem to have bad luck with that show. I hope Stephanie is ok and feeling better! She's giving a fantastic performance and it would be a shame for people to miss out on seeing her.

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#23re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:25am

Great news! Thank you sfuchris! re: accident at wicked tonight

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#24re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:28am

That is very good news. Thanks for letting us know.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Videos