pixeltracker

Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!- Page 2

Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!

husk_charmer
#25re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 12:51am

I would like to side with Jordan. If you are going to take the time to post, and want people to read them, at least use the courtesy of spelling out full words (unless it is an obvious parody of the EYEDIENA LUVRS!!!!!!1!11!, and then typo it up!)

I won't respond to ANY e-mail or IM that involves too much netspeak. I speak English, not 12 year old Girl.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

dramaparoxysm23 Profile Photo
dramaparoxysm23
#26re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 6:13am

Well, I liked Young Frankenstein. It may not be a great piece of theatre to be treasured by generations to come, but it was fun and I love the cast.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sit back and see who will be first to change "piece of theatre" to something that better suits their opinion. =]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I remember days
Or at least I try
But as years go by
They're sort of haze
And the bluest ink
Isn't really sky
And at times I think
I would gladly die
For a day of sky

And Starbucks will use the words 'large' and 'small', not pretentious crap like grande and tall.
"You could get away with anything if you call it art and tell people who don't like it that it's cutting edge culture." --vmlinnie

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#27re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 6:16am

Thank you husk charmer!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
JulianHookbucks
#28re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 1:34pm

localonedude...

Broadway show's calibur are hardly measured by the amount of TONYs they win.

that's a really big mic...

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#29re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 1:40pm

Thank you husk and jordan. I agree with both of you.

Just give the world Love.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#30re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 1:43pm

Thanks uncageg!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#31re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 1:51pm

"The man brings you the best broadway show ever" ....

If you think The Producers is the best Broadway show ever, you have absolutely no credibility.

#32re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 2:41pm

Maybe after y'all get done learning 'Your' and 'you're' you can move on to the difference between a fact and an opinion.

rgaywrites Profile Photo
rgaywrites
#33re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 6:10pm

As an aside, I notice people often tossing around the $1000 sporting event ticket as a rejoinder to claims that a $450 theatre ticket is absurdly overpriced. You really cannot compare the two things. Most NBA games, as well as other sporting events, are widely televised. If you really want to see a given game, there's a way to do it more affordably. It may not be the same, but its there. Theatre, for the most part, save for the occasional broadcast on PBS or the recent airing of Legally Blonde, does not have such options. Its a question of access and when the arts become inaccessible, there's a problem.

broadwayrocks2
#34re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 7:49pm

I think locLONE DUDE WAS POINTING OUT HOW THE BROADWAY COMMUNITY GAVE THE PRODUCERS 12 TONYS AND THEN THEY TURNED ON MEL BROOKS. i THINK LOCALONEDUDE WAS BEING SARCASTIC

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#35re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 7:52pm

0MG I LOVE CAPS LOCK TOO!

Ed_Mottershead
#36re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 7:52pm

Well, I guess Brooks and YF can take some consolation in the fact that LM's reviews made YF's sound like raves. And Riedel made fun of Xanadu last year (BEFORE it opened). Huzzah for Xanadu!!

BroadwayEd

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#37re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/11/08 at 10:23pm

Just thought you should know, I just got tickets for Saturday February 2nd's evening show, orchestra center row B on the aisle for full price, not premium or any of the 300+ prices. the 120 dollar ones..i'm excited lol

TsLondon08
#38re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/12/08 at 7:25pm

Hi.. Just to let you know, been trying to book tickets for this for a while for the end on Feb, As far as i can tell they have reduced the price for a lot of seats that last week were premium seat are now just top priced ones.
Eg. last week was ticketmaster was offering row A as Premium, now its full price.

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#39re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/12/08 at 7:48pm

Texting and instant messaging abbreviations are a horrendous affront to the language, and the fact that there are college professors accepting papers written in internet-speak makes me weep for the future of this nation.

Now that is sad....just sad. No wonder people cannot spell, or speak properly for that matter.

renthead333 Profile Photo
renthead333
#40re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/12/08 at 9:14pm

hmmm...that's really weird that you supposedly can't get tickets til september because I just went on ticketmaster and I found tickets in March, ORCH ROW C. hmm..isn't that strange?

broadwayrocks2
#41re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/12/08 at 10:03pm

gosh this thread is painful.Some people are good at digging up tickets and other people are not . Who really cares who can get them and who can't . The show is going to run for a couple of years. Its not the producers . We all realize that . Please stop the madness . Any one who pays over normal price for a ticket even if its jersey boys is to blame for that high price ticket still being around.

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#42re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/12/08 at 10:14pm

I just went to Ticketmaster.com and there are 2 tickets available next Friday, orchestra Row k, seats 10-12.

Dosn't seem to be too tough to land tickets if tickets are still available in the orchestra for next weekend.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#43re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/12/08 at 10:16pm

"And Riedel made fun of Xanadu last year (BEFORE it opened). Huzzah for Xanadu!!"

What does Xanadu have to do with anything?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

broadwayrocks2
#44re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/13/08 at 3:02pm

what does any of this mean????

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#45re: Young Frankenstein Proves Them Wrong Again!
Posted: 1/13/08 at 3:56pm

Tickets are easily available for any eve. This Tuesday you can get row k center tickets.
Considering the running costs and everything else, YF seems to be in trouble. That and the fact that, for the most part, word of mouth is very bad. Most everyone I know who has seen it has said they were very disappointed.