pixeltracker

What should I take two 14 year olds to see?- Page 2

What should I take two 14 year olds to see?

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#25re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 2:05am

Definitely Legally Blonde.

Xanadu or Wicked are other good options. Hairspray is also a fun one, although some of the younger people I've taken have been bored with some of it.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#26re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 2:12am

The Color Purple or Rent. As for plays, Is He Dead (for something light) or August: Osage County (for something a little darker).

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#27re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 2:13am

Legally Blonde would be perfect, I think. It's very funny, very quick, and very enjoyable.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

ChelseaTodd
#28re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 4:44pm

The Little Mermaid would be great. It's got a great Girl Power message!

RyToast1
#29re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 4:46pm

I'd like to put another vote for Legally Blonde.

I'm a 22 year old man, and I loved it.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#30re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 5:02pm

Hairspray is too mature for 14yr olds???? HELLO?

Are these kids kept in chains in a dungeon???? Hairspray is PERFECT for 14yr olds.

At the recent Palm Springs International Film Festival there were screaming young teens everywhere where the cast was......

Whatm in heck makes you think Hairspray is too mature?

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#31re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 5:07pm

I totally disagree with Color Purple or RENT. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE both....(just saw Color Purple in LA recently)...but I do not feel either is appropriate for your average 14yr old.

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

howardbf Profile Photo
howardbf
#32re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 5:47pm

a 16 yr old boy re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#33re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 5:53pm

Legally Blonde
Xanadu
Wicked
The Little Mermaid (hey, I'm 19 and I'm excited to see it)

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

lois128 Profile Photo
lois128
#34re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 6:11pm

My sister's 14 and soo in love with Xanadu. She also loved Legally Blonde, Hairspray and The Little Mermaid.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." Sherie Rene Scott

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#35re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 7:27pm

As a 17 year-old I think RENT is the perfect show for a 14 year-old to see. Before RENT (which I saw when I was 15), I'd never REALLY connected to something on stage and never felt like I was watching real people in real life, but RENT did that for me. AND there's only a small amount of time left to see it on Broadway as I'm sure you know.

lusciouslace Profile Photo
lusciouslace
#36re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 7:36pm

Elphaba- I don't think he was saying Hairspray is too mature for them, he just said they were bored.

As for Rent...I was 15 when I saw it. I loved it. That was right about the time the show came out and all the kids in my theatre department loved it. I know we performed selections from Rent in a choir concert in high school. I think if they're mature, it shouldn't be a problem. The only awkward part for me was during the song Contact. Sitting next to my dad during that song was a little weird, but more or less because I didn't think he'd react very well to it. Not because it offended me.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#37re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/18/08 at 7:37pm

I say Spring Awakening, Rent, Avenue Q , or Legally Blonde.

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#38re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/19/08 at 12:45pm

I do agree with the member who said that, although the girls may be mature enough for Spring Awakening, they would be uncomfortable sitting through it with a parent. Mortified is my guess. We are talking about simulated masturbation and intercourse on stage.....

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

emmadny Profile Photo
emmadny
#39re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/19/08 at 12:50pm

I'm 22 and I want to see Little Mermaid.
It's a musical for all public, not only children

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#40re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/19/08 at 1:01pm

I'd say:

*Hairspray
*Legally Blonde
*Any of the Disney Musicals
*Wicked
*Xanadu
*Grease

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#41re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/19/08 at 1:06pm

legally blonde, i agree any disney musical, wicked, spring awakening.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#42re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/19/08 at 4:06pm

"Elphaba- I don't think he was saying Hairspray is too mature for them, he just said they were bored."

oh, well that's different.

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#43re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/19/08 at 5:24pm

Seriously. Give them a chance in life. Don't take them to "Legally Blonde."

rewritemystory
#44re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/19/08 at 6:57pm

I agree, Spring Awakening would be quite awkward to attend with a parent, or possibly worse, a friend's parent. You should know what you're getting into before you take them.

Did they like Wicked? If so, then yeah, LB and Hairspray are great options. I think Grease would be worthwhile too.

xOnMyOwnX
#45re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/23/08 at 8:36pm

well i AM fourteen so maybe i can be of help.

-RENT
-Hairspray
-Legally Blond (though i really dont like it)
-Mama Mia
-The Lion King (if their disney fans and are interested in costumes and sets etc because the lion king did i wonderful job in that department)
-Grease

avenue q and spring awakening are also good choices, but they might be awkward to see with a parent or friends parent

FuturePenny2
#46re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/23/08 at 9:00pm

Hairspray..Legally Blonde.. i suggest RENT before it closes if they can handle language and seeing someones butt haha which im sure they can.. i also reccommend mary poppins

He's so nurturing! - Penny Pingleton, Hairspray

craig238
#47re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/23/08 at 9:27pm

XANADU on the stage - my 12 year old daughter LOVED it (as did my wife). I have to admit it was pretty neat sitting on the stage !!

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#48re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/23/08 at 11:28pm

legally blonde, rent, hairspray

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Steam Heat2 Profile Photo
Steam Heat2
#49re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
Posted: 1/24/08 at 12:18am

I think that Jersey Boys, Legally Blonde, Hairspray, or RENT are all good shows for a fourteen year old to see.

Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I don't know... I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me... that's the opposite of the point I'm trying to make.