pixeltracker

In The Heights, Phantom, or August?

In The Heights, Phantom, or August?

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#1In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 7:59pm

I've got one slot left for my April 5-7 trip. I want to see one of these shows. Which one should I choose? Thanks!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#2re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 8:00pm

AUGUST by far!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 8:01pm

I haven't seen August, but... In the Heights.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#3re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 8:01pm

AUGUST or HEIGHTS. (You can always see PHANTOM.)

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#4re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 8:18pm

"August" is not to be missed !

LittlexFallxOfxRain
#5re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 8:57pm

August. Phantom has lost it's charm over the years. It's still a beautiful show, but it's lacking some of the charm it once had. I've never seen August, but my sister has and she had nothing but wonderful things to say about the show.

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#6re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 8:59pm

IN the HEIGHTS or August.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#7re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 11:01pm

In The Heights

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#8re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 11:10pm

I saw Phantom this past summer for the first time, and it had more charm than any musical I've seen yet. I haven't seen Heights or August but have herd nothing but great and wonderful things about both shows.

I would say August. Depending on how often you visit NYC, I think you can see Phantom and Heights some other time.

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#9re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 11:18pm

August. Hands down. Something like this RARELY comes around. When was the last time a play opened to reviews like these? I saw it in it's original run in Chicago and it is something certainly worth seeing. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#10re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 11:24pm

It would have to be August by far. This would be up there with Angels in America and Stoppards The Coast of Utopia as one of those rare nights of theatre and if i had the chance i would not miss it for anything.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
Updated On: 3/3/08 at 11:24 PM

george95
#11re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 11:27pm

Man that is a tough choice. Phantom has NOT lost its charm (Hal Prince would never let that happen), and I always try to encourage people to see the older shows instead of always seeing newer shows....but August is really good, and In the Heights is supposedly terrific......this will really depend on your mood--if youre in the mood for drama, if youre in the mood for comfort food, you know?

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#12re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/4/08 at 11:01am

PHANTOM is my choice.

But AUGUST seems pretty hot, too.

From what I have seen/heard of IN THE HEIGHTS, it could be big.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#13re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/4/08 at 2:57pm

I thought we only got 2 choices in March Madness.

....but the world goes 'round

d5johnston Profile Photo
d5johnston
#14re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/4/08 at 3:02pm

August: Osage County, hands down!

Read LETTERS TO A YOUNG ARTIST by Anna Deavere Smith!

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#15re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/4/08 at 3:48pm

August by far-incredible

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#16re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/4/08 at 6:09pm

Depends, If you like musicals more, pick in the Hights If not August.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#17re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/4/08 at 6:18pm

Haven't seen In The Heights so August is my suggestion. I agree, it is not to be missed!

Just give the world Love.

donna_darko_23
#18re: In The Heights, Phantom, or August?
Posted: 3/4/08 at 10:39pm

August is incredible. Haven't seen ITH, but heard good things about it. See either of those.