pixeltracker

Ragtime DEFEATS Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)- Page 4

Ragtime DEFEATS Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)

Dancinqueen123 Profile Photo
Dancinqueen123
#75re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 9:44am

Ragtime

<--Sometimes it's easier to get out of a jam than into one

dalefully Profile Photo
dalefully
#76re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 9:46am

Definitely Ragtime (and I will be highly disappointed in this community if Rent wins).

Yero
#77re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 9:47am

Ragtiiiiiiime

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#78re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:02am

As much as I LOVE Rent and it pains me to choose....

Ragtime

If it were "most influential" or something like that, it would have to be Rent. But since it's favorite... Ragtime is my favorite musical of all time. I agree with others that it would've been great if this matchup had happened in the finals rather than here. Updated On: 3/27/08 at 10:02 AM

RyToast1
#79re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:12am

RAGTIME!!

ItsCalledHistory
JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#81re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:24am

I love Rent but

RAGTIME ALL THE WAY!!!!

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#83re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 10:59am

Ragtime

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Cutielyricist Profile Photo
Cutielyricist
#84re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:26am

Ragtime
(personally I feel this should have been the last round, at least for me the nineties all come down to these two musicals)

Mattbrain
#85re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:28am

I love both shows but

Ragtime.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

jam_man
#86re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:42am

Okay, this is my first vote in the bracket (surprises me, too), but I have to get into this matchup.

Ragtime.

Though as a first-time voter in this tourney, how were the seedings done? Because a lot of them seem rather suspect.

"Who is Stephen Sondheim?" -roninjoey
"The man who wishes he had written Phantom of the Opera!" - SueleenGay

GO CARDINALS!!!

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#87re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:45am

Ragtime

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

InThePark Profile Photo
InThePark
#88re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:47am

Rent

Who says four chairs and a keyboard can't make a musical?

vmlinnie
#89re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:49am

Ragt-i-ime, RAG-TIME!

I'm a huge admirer of Stephen Flaherty, he's a really nice person and incredible composer. Ragtime beats almost any show, let alone Rent. Rent's good. That's all.

The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#90re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:58am

Ragtime

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Wildcard
Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#92re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:05pm

rent

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#93re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:07pm

"Though as a first-time voter in this tourney, how were the seedings done? Because a lot of them seem rather suspect."

By performance run.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#94re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:07pm

"Though as a first-time voter in this tourney, how were the seedings done? Because a lot of them seem rather suspect."

By performance run.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
Salene Profile Photo
Salene
vinnylin Profile Photo
vinnylin
#97re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:34pm

Rent

"This is wanting something, this is reaching for it, This is wishing that a moment would arrive. This is taking chances, this is almost touching, what the beauty is." --The Light in the Piazza

HoshiForever Profile Photo
HoshiForever
#98re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:38pm

::Stares for 20 minutes::

....Ragtime....

That was way to hard of a decision to make.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#99re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:42pm

Rent

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian