pixeltracker

Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir

Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#1Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 4:57pm

Stage and screen star Kristin Chenoweth has inked a deal for a memoir with Touchstone senior editor Michelle Howry; Kirby Kim at Vigliano sold world rights. The book will be a candid account of the Oklahoma-born actress's life, from her adoption shortly after birth to her Tony-nominated turn in Wicked to her work in Hollywood. Chenoweth will address the challenges she's faced in balancing her faith, family, private life and public persona. Planned pub date is April 2009
http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6550861.html?industryid=47146

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#2re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 4:59pm

Goodness! As if she weren't busy enough! re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir She seems a little young to write a memoir, but still, I wouldn't mind giving it a look.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#2re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 5:03pm

Whoo hoo! I'm excited. Though it amuses me that Julie Andrews is publicizing her FIRST memoir, and Kristin, who is half her age, is already publishing one. re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir

Oh well, I love Kristin anyway. re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#3re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 5:04pm

I will enjoy reading her experiences.
I just love me some Kristin Chenoweth. :]

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#4re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 5:06pm

What is she? 10? Where has she been?
I love me some Chenoweth but I don't really think she has enough of a status to publish a memoir yet. Wait a couple of decades more.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#5re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 5:07pm

Wow! This will be one quick read. I wonder what she's going to list as the pinnacle of her career? PUSHING DAISIES?

This is such a ridiculous idea. Even Barbra Streisand with a 40-plus career has YET to write HER autobiography.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#6re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 5:14pm

To be fair, it is called a memoir...not an autobiography

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#7re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 5:17pm

Well Anthony Rapp already wrote one, and fewer people would know who he is.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#8re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 5:19pm

She's writing a novel about Aaron Sorkin.

xOnMyOwnX
#9re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 5:21pm

While thats true, ICNH, Anthony had his coming out to write about and his loosing his mom, plus the shock of Jonathan Larson's death.

I wonder about Kristen's memoir, has she led a dramatic life and had many experiences worth a memoir? I'll probably read it anyway.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#10re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 5:23pm

"A Memoir" -- even MORE ridiculous!

Julie Andrews' book is a memoir. A memoir of her early days and her early years on Broadway prior to films. Kristin barely has 5 Broadway credits to her name (which began just 11 years ago). No prominent film roles nor an enormously successful recording career and just this year finally made it onto a successful TV series.

What is she going to remember? The different apartments she's had? The same Tony Award show story about being naked backstage seconds before winning her Tony Award for YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN?

Oy!

LittleSally Profile Photo
LittleSally
#11re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 5:24pm

I'm bored while trying to write a paper so thanks to dictionary.com...

Memoir: a record of events written by a person having intimate knowledge of them and based on personal observation

Autobiography: a history of a person's life written or told by that person

I think it's both and if she feels she has a story to tell, we'll then tell it girl :)

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#12re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 6:23pm

and just this year finally made it onto a successful TV series.

Yeah, tell me about it. I mean, 'The West Wing' was renowned for being ****e. Oh, except it wasn't renowned, 'cos it wasn't successful. At all. Nossir.

*rolls eyes*

MerMaggieGalinda
#13re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 6:25pm

I usually never read memoirs, but I definitely will read hers!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#14re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 6:27pm

Brody's just jealous. He wishes he had an offer to get paid to write his miserable memoirs, but he knows nobody would read 'em.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

thatgirl712 Profile Photo
thatgirl712
#15re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 6:55pm

I agree, it might be a little soon. But will take a look anyway.

Diane

If I heard the bells and the banjos ring

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#16re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 7:18pm

A MEMOIR?!? Is that a joke? Is she even forty? And MerMaggieGalinda, memoirs are fun. You might want to look into a few.

Ed_Mottershead
#17re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 7:35pm

Why? Oh, I know. She'll spill the beans about why she and Marc Kudish REALLY broke up, if, in fact, there was anything to break up. Now, THAT would be a good read.

BroadwayEd
Updated On: 4/14/08 at 07:35 PM

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#18re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 7:40pm

She'll be 40 this July for anyone who was wondering re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir

I'll put it on my list of books to read.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#19re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 8:21pm

I do admit she has a great soprano. But, I can't for the life of me stand her bubbly blond style of humor. Now, I will have the option to deal with her perky ness via book form.

No thanks.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#20re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 9:33pm

That will be one insane book tour. I'm getting a headache thinking off all the screaming girls.

Dollypop
#21re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 9:55pm

No one should write a memoir unless they're older than Mr Roxy.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#22re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 10:51pm

"No one should write a memoir unless they're older than Mr Roxy."

If that were true, no one would write one.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

louisamayfoster Profile Photo
louisamayfoster
#23re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 11:06pm

The one who shall not be named wrote a memoir (with help) at 24.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_to_Sing:_Hearing_the_Music_in_Your_Life

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#24re: Kristin Chenoweth to Write Memoir
Posted: 4/14/08 at 11:12pm

What was that a few months after getting runner up in Idol? That's rediculous. He has a huge ego for somone who isn't that talented. And he think's he is so hot when he's just an ugly ****making an ass of himself.

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

Videos