pixeltracker

Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?

Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#1Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:16pm

I just called Triton Gallery and they don't have it. Was one sold at the theater? I went on April 22 and I don't remember seeing any merchandise being sold...has anyone seen a window card for this show? Thanks!

being.jeremiah
#2re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:17pm

Never saw one. Never saw any merchandise at all.

musicalman2
#2re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:21pm

I do not believe they produced a window card. no other merchandise I know of

dramadude Profile Photo
dramadude
#3re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:40pm

I saw the show this past Monday, May 5th and there was indeed show merchandise. It consisted of a short sleeved t-shirt, a long sleeved t-shirt, a babydoll t-shirt, a magnet, a window card, and a pre-order form for a cast recording.

WithoutATrace
#4re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:42pm

what happened to these items? where can i get a window card now that the show has closed?

dramadude Profile Photo
dramadude
#5re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:54pm

Probably one of the Broadway New York store gift shops will have the merchandise in the upcoming weeks, at least I hope so. The merchandise booth was so new, they were only taking cash, no credit cards.

coolkid11776
#6re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 3:06pm

Will they still be doing the cast recording bc they took pre orders or are they not going to do it bc the show closed

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

joe5 Profile Photo
joe5
#7re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 3:07pm

Try e-bay.

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#8re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 3:47pm

There was a windowcard for the signature production.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#9re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 3:50pm

You might check the garbage or dumpster around the theatre. Never know.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#10re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 3:53pm

"Will they still be doing the cast recording bc they took pre orders or are they not going to do it bc the show closed"

Did you seriously jut ask that, if they are no longer performing why would they do a recording. There is absolutely no way they would do it. It's a flop!

sondheimgeek Profile Photo
sondheimgeek
#11re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 4:01pm

"Did you seriously jut ask that, if they are no longer performing why would they do a recording. There is absolutely no way they would do it. It's a flop!"

Well, actually that's wrong. Just because a show flops does not mean they will not get a cast recording. Sure times have changed, but just because it's not the golden age doesn't mean it can't get one. Plenty of flops in the good years of broadway recieved cast recordings. It just depends on who's willing to fund it.

"Light the candles! Get the ice out! Roll the rug up, it's today!"

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#12re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 4:12pm

I highly doubt it will get a cast recording it lost it's investment and there was not a strong interest in the show, so why would they record it? Their numbers were at like 21% capacity.

A window card on the other hand I would love, seeing as how this was probably my first and only one night performance flop.

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#13re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 4:14pm

High Fidelity is the most obvious example of a recent major flop to get a cast recording. It happens all the time. I think it's time to stop hitting the sauce, Chita.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

sondheimgeek Profile Photo
sondheimgeek
#14re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 4:55pm

I mean it's not likely, but it's not out of the question. Prettybelle recieved a Studio Cast Recording in 1982 with most, if not all of its original cast. So it's not impossible.

"Light the candles! Get the ice out! Roll the rug up, it's today!"

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#15re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 4:57pm

Well if it barely reached Opening Night it wouldn't have a recording. And like someone said it had 21% attendance, I don't know why they would make one in the first place.

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#16re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 7:06pm

If the shows creators think that this show could have a life in regional theatre, they could possibly shop around and see if anyone will invest in a recording (but not necessisarily with the original cast), and possibly mail-order it via a web site.

I know this was done with a DC production of Eleanor (the Eleanor Roosevelt musical. Soooooo much fun doing that show...re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?). Getting some sort of recording out might help it have some legs regionally.

And it wouldn't probably be too expensive to pay people, as there were four characters and a small band.

Still, I'd rather see a Cry-Baby CD first, but that's just me.

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

Yankeefan007
#17re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 7:08pm

I got a HiFi window card free, just by stagedooring the day before it closed.

Glitter and be Gay Profile Photo
Glitter and be Gay
#18re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 7:39pm

I've been looking for the windowcard too, and emailed PlaybillStore.com about it earlier today. They said they have it in stock and it will go on sale tomorrow.

Jon
#19re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 7:42pm

In the "old days", cast albums were recorded during the last week of previews or on the first day off afer opening week. That's why so many flops got cast albums.

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#20re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:39am

Well also in the "old days" it was more economically feasible to produce a cast recording, now it's just so expensive that unless they know it will find an audience, the score is totally amazing, or they know it will sell, there is no point to put up the money for something with such a minimal return. And seeing as how this was a gigantic flop along the line of Carrie, it probably won't get a recording, maybe a sample one for high school licensing, but not a commercial one.

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#21re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:44am

reposted from WAT who attended the recent Chatterbox w the cast/creators :

Nick Blaemire also said that he is planning on getting a cast recording done of the show and possibly having a CD launch party (like High Fidelity did at Birdland).

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#22re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 11:50am

Oh and in response to the original question, the window card is now on sale on playbill.com

WithoutATrace
#23re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:14pm

Thanks...I just ordered two!

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#24re: Is there a window card for GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:24pm

Too bad we didn't have these last night WAT! :)

Videos