News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither

Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#1Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 9:55am

Someone once told me that Eden was Spanish. However, yesterday, someone told me that she was Jewish. Is she Spanish, Jewish, both, or neither?

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#2re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:03am

Does it matter?

PEACE.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:05am

"Espinosa" might be a bit of a clue...

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

musicaltheatrefan3
#3re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:07am

clue for Spanish or Jewish? Her father could be Spanish and her mother could be Jewish, which would make her Spanish and Jewish. Updated On: 5/9/08 at 10:07 AM

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#4re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:10am

Wow, this really DOES matter to you, doesn't it.

PEACE.

musicaltheatrefan3
#5re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:27am

Yes. I've searched Eden Espinosa Jewish and Eden Espinosa Spanish 3 times already.I'm going to look on her website now.

EDIT: Mexican!

The granddaughter of Mexican immigrants, Ms. Espinosa, now 26, was a childhood ham, enlisting her little brother for her living room performances and directing her relatives when to applaud.

She sang in the large nondenominational church where her father, Eddie, was a pastor and wrote religious songs. Her grandmother, who has always spoken to Ms. Espinosa in Spanish (although Ms. Espinosa replies in English), took her to dinner theaters, opera and the Los Angeles "Nutcracker" every Christmas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/29/theater/newsandfeatures/29eden.html?ex=1254196800&en=b3128beeec119e5e&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland
Updated On: 5/9/08 at 10:27 AM

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#6re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:38am

Well, now you can rest easily know she is NEITHER!

PEACE.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#7re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:42am

The "ham" part should have been a clue.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:09pm

Why on Earth does this matter?

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#9re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:09pm

why does it matter.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#10re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:16pm

What's "Jewsish" anyway?

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#11re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:26pm

Sueleen Gay.....can I tell you how badly I need to go to Lenscrafters? This whole time I thought your username was Suellen (like Linda Gray from Dallas) Gray.... Blind, party of one your table is now available!

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#12re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:28pm

^^ your username reminded me of the Spice Girls...

re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither

I know. Somewhat pointless. But not as pointless as this thread!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#13re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:37pm

Umm you know that Spanish is a nationality and Jewish is a religion. You can be both...

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#14re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:44pm

It's just not common. Hear of the Spanish Inquisition? Cute **** right there. Really cute.

This church stuff amuses me

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Harpz2006
#15re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 1:30pm

Actually, Judaism is the only religion that is also a race-- you can be Jewish and Atheist.

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#16re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 1:32pm

Huh? Can you clarify, Harpz? (If you're being serious, that is.)

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

bwayguy22089
#17re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 1:34pm

I think musicaltheatrefan3 was just curious what her background is. I don't understand the whole "does it matter?" questions. Obviously they were just wondering and asking if anyone on the board knew lol.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#18re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 1:35pm

I was a Jewsish once...it didn't fit my lifestyle so I became a Spanish instead.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 5/9/08 at 01:35 PM

Harpz2006
#19re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 1:43pm

Yup, Judaism was ruled a race in 1980 by the Supreme Court. It is kind of controversial, and some Jews are not happy with the label. It was done to protect Jews from anti-discrimination laws, and because of the idea that although anyone can be Jewish, the religion stemmed from a certain ethnic group in a specific geographical location. I learned this in my World Religions class-- so, if your mother is Jewish, but you yourself don't believe in it, you are a "secular Jew."

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#20re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 2:03pm

And don't forget Sammy Davis, Junior was Jewish and Black! And his father was Jewish and Black AND Spanish....Sammy Davis Sen~ior!

(Damn, I can't put a tilde on my n!)

I DO think it is important to know if Eden is Jewish or Mexican or whatever because she might want to play a role that is NONE of those things someday and that should just not be allowed. EVER.
So good for you to getting to the bottom of the matter,musicaltheatrefan3.

PEACE.

musicaltheatrefan3
#21re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 3:56pm

I know that Judaism is a religion. I am Jewish. You can definitely be both, look at the title, "Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewish, BOTH, or Neither". I am a Jew with Russian, Polish, Romanian, German, and Spanish ancestry.

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#22re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 4:01pm

Interesting... Thanks for the clarification, Harpz. I was really confused for a second there.

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#23re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 4:12pm

Someone once told me that Eden was Spanish. However, yesterday, someone told me that she was Jewish.

The however implies that you think it is either/or.

Mattbrain
#24re: Eden Espinosa - Spanish, Jewsish, Both, or Neither
Posted: 5/9/08 at 5:21pm

"Hear of the Spanish Inquisition?"

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!!!!!!!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Videos