pixeltracker

Broadway.com 2008 AUDIENCE AWARD winners announced...- Page 2

Broadway.com 2008 AUDIENCE AWARD winners announced...

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#25re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 2:59pm

Saying that Young Frankenstein is the best musical of the season is like saying that From Justin to Kelly is a watchable movie!
I feel like I've just been Punked

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#26re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 3:02pm

wtf, mate?

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#27re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 3:42pm

Obviously people liked YF enough to spend time voting for it. And the fact that people enjoyed their night at the theater is the most important thing.

I don't agree with all the winners either, such as Grease, but if people liked it... good for them.

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#28re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 3:45pm

Ew... Way too much love for YF re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#29re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 3:47pm

Dear "Audiences" (note the quotes),
Please stay away from Broadway. You're killing it.

Best,
JV92

Dear Broadway.com,
Please stop your crappy awards. They suck. And change your Tony data on Alan Menken. He DID NOT win Best Score in '94. Do you really think the jackass tourists that go on your site give a rat's ass that who won? (By the way, Sondheim did.) Change it or I'll e-mail you for a third time. It won't be as nice this time either.

Best,
JV92

This is very sad. I mean, at least Jonathan Groff (last year's winner for Best Actor for these "awards"...or was he?) was actually good in his show.
And they had to give Grease Frightin' something, huh? They just HAD TOO? Huh? Is that it? At least Cookie Cutter Boy and Cookie Cutter Girl didn't win.
The category I'd say Grease should have won for is-

MOST MEMORABLE BROADWAY CHAT ROOM PERSON
LauraMom

At least LuPone won.

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#30re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 3:55pm

You all sound so surprised.
Haven't we learned the rule of thumb, yet?
Money talks.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#31re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 4:00pm

At least South Pacific win best revival.

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#32re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 5:39pm

Wow... seriously?

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#33re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 6:27pm

Young Frankenstein is a good musical. Not the best, but I think it deserved the Best Musical award. I thought Megan was hilarious, too. Now, I do like Roger Bart, but that's the only one where I am just, well, a little befuddled. But everyone stop hatin' on Young Frankenstein so much. I'm glad it won those. This is definitely a weird awards season, though. I am excited for the Tonys.

TheaterAddict7652
#34re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 6:35pm

Grease for Best Ensemble OVER August: Osage County, In the Heights, Is He Dead? and The 39 Steps is just insulting.

There's a lot I am not certain of...

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#35re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 6:49pm

Clearly, the Claymates were out voting.

I don't even know what to make of most of their winners. Oh well, thank goodness these awards are completely meaningless.

ILuv2shop531
#36re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 6:51pm

the onlyt thing i really disagree on is Grease & best male replacement.
i really feel blake bashoff should have got it for spring awakening, he is just soo amazing.
him or matt doyle.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#37re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 7:04pm

The fact that Favorite On-Stage Pair didn't go to Mary Testa and Jackie Hoffman is absurd.

And yes, they were nominated.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

masb19872
#38re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 7:11pm

Wow... Those are depressing. 12 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote in these.

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#39re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 7:17pm

Awww, I wanted Seth Rudetsky to win Best Featured Actor in a Play but I'll take Rauly :)

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

One Song Glory
#40re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 8:01pm

Ugh, I dread the Broadway.com audience awards every year

Young Frankenstein as best musical?
Grease as best ensemble cast?
Spamalot as best long-run Broadway show?

My goodness...

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.
Updated On: 5/30/08 at 08:01 PM

pinoyonbroadway
#41re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 8:32pm

Wow... just wow. I knew there were gonna be some offbeat winners but... wow. At least the "audience" was smart enough to pick August, South Pacific and LuPone.

Everybody's Playing The Game But Nobody's Rules Are The Same Nobody's On Nobody's Side

Mattbrain
#42re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 9:31pm

We should have a voting thing here. At least with us, the shows we know SHOULD win will actually win. It won't be just teenybopper stuff.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#43re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 11:40pm

These ridiculous awards aren't even worth getting upset about. They have absolutely don't count for anything.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#44re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/30/08 at 11:49pm

I'm not even sure I agree with ANY of those.. except both breakthroughs are fine

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#45re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/31/08 at 12:08am

I always wonder what the actual rankings of the nominees were at the end of the poll...and how close the winners and runners up were.

'Cause how did IN THE HEIGHTS win like barely any and YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN win five? What? ...and that's just the beginning of this "awards"' issues.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#46re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/31/08 at 12:14am

When is BWW doing their fan's choice?

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#47re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/31/08 at 12:23am

Hey, I'd vote for Hannah. She's hot, killer rack, tramp stamp. I mean, these are the guidelines people used, right?

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#48re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/31/08 at 9:57am

I'm one of the few people here who really did like Young Frankenstein, but BEST? really? I don't know about that.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#49re: Broadway.com AUDIENCE AWARD winners 2008 announced...
Posted: 5/31/08 at 10:16am

It's not Best. It's Favorite.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)