pixeltracker

The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread- Page 3

The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#50re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 2:19pm

Suicidalmickeymouse, you are right. The producers have given themselves an out and the girl who wins is only GUARANTEED the role for two weeks.

barcelona20
#51re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 2:33pm

Looks like Autumn has some time on her hands... Interesting for someone who "would" be rehearsing for her Broadway starring role...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=29475
Updated On: 7/1/08 at 02:33 PM

andrewcomp Profile Photo
andrewcomp
#52re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 2:39pm

Oh, MTV.com accidently posted next weeks clips early. They are off now, but next week the girls dye their hair blonde and sing "Legally Blonde" with Andy Karl as Emmett. I only watched Rhiannon's, and she did good but had one sour note. Acting was stupendous :)

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#53re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 2:57pm

I think I can say for sure that Autumn didn't win. Considering that she is doing the reading for Vote the musical when rehearsals for Blonde would be going on.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#54re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 3:29pm

Well she could be doing VOTE since she is contracted 2 weeks.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#55re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 3:31pm

Actors do readings all the time. I'm not sure we can say anything for sure from that.

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

defyingravity08 Profile Photo
defyingravity08
#56re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 3:41pm

I think the 2 weeks is to see if they bring in money if not they'll probably close the show early.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#57re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 3:52pm

Incidentally, the reality show seems to be having quite a positive effect on the LB box office. They made over $786K last week, and played to 90% capacity. If they keep that up...imagine what will happen when the winner goes in.

broadwaylover423
#58re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 3:59pm

On Autumn's Facebook Paul Canaan left her a comment on March 21 saying,

"Hiiitttttttt!!! Love it. I'm sure you're glad the madness is over. You're wonderful. I'll see you on campus."

I'm not sure if it means anything, but perhaps "campus" is a certain Harvard Law School?

defyingravity08
#59re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:08pm

Paul is really bad at keeping secrets isn't he?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#60re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:12pm

Wouldn't he, not only being a judge on the show, but also being in the cast, know better than to do that? You gotta believe that they would know that people are going to look at their facebook walls, no?

g4rat Profile Photo
g4rat
#61re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:17pm

Yeah. I'm glad A-girl (my nickname for her) is doing readings for other shows. An actor should always be looking for jobs.
Updated On: 7/1/08 at 04:17 PM

broadwaygirl99 Profile Photo
broadwaygirl99
#62re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:29pm

So Autum doesn't win! Good! She wasn't Elle Woods to me but I think she is talented. Great that she is doing other things! So its Bailey! Yeah!!!! I really like her. How do you know Lauren is Margot on the tour? Where is it posted?

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#63re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:32pm

Shut up broadwaygirl.

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

Grand Motel Profile Photo
Grand Motel
#64re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:34pm

Actually, I think Canaan is just dumb enough to do that. I've heard on many occasion that he's the most indiscreet member of the cast. Way to go Paul!

florida theatre kid Profile Photo
florida theatre kid
#65re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:39pm

OK, so maybe I'm having a slow day...but I'm confused. Does Paul Canaan's commment hint that Autumn is Elle or that she isn't Elle. How I take is that she is Elle, but since Autumn is doing the other reading and a lot of people are saying it's Bailey, I'm a little lost.

defyingravity08
#67re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:41pm

[i]So Autum doesn't win! Good! She wasn't Elle Woods to me but I think she is talented. Great that she is doing other things! So its Bailey! Yeah!!!! I really like her. How do you know Lauren is Margot on the tour? Where is it posted? [/i]

Ummm.... who said she didn't win?

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#68re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:42pm

It seems to be hinting that Autumn got a part, maybe not *the* part but a part. I've heard the same thing Grand Motel. Gossip seems to be PC's strong suit.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#69re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:43pm

Who else could they cast her as, if not Elle? Trying to think of possibilities here...could she pull off Vivienne? Maybe Paulette?

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#70re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:49pm

Becky Gulsvig and Gaelen G. are both leaving. I don't think she necessarily has to be a lead. IMO, it's not going to be Vivienne or Paulette.

broadwaylover423
#71re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 4:52pm

To me, the fact that he posted that on March 21 suggests to me that she IS Elle. That was right around the time the finale was taped, no?

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#72re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 5:00pm

Maybe the second place will get the standby so people won't get pissed if the get an understudy?

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#73re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 5:05pm

I think she would be a great swing in that show. I also think she'd make an adorable Chutney/Kate. I'm still hoping she got Elle though.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#74re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
Posted: 7/1/08 at 5:15pm

So... I'm confused. Who wins? I think IMO between Autumn or Bailey. Where did you find out Lauren was going on tour? Are you sure Paul's comment didn't have to do with Take it from the Top or something?