pixeltracker

Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010- Page 2

Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010

bwayfan45 Profile Photo
bwayfan45
#25re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 9/27/08 at 10:52pm

I would like newbies that have never done the show before to bring something fresh and new but, If they recycled I wouldn't mind Eden Espinosa and Megan Hilty!

Wherever we go, we rep our people and the beat goes...

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#26re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 9/28/08 at 9:10am

2010? You are aware how long it takes for films to be made? Years.

Especially something like Wicked, there will be a lot going on with post production...which makes it next to impossible that the film will be out in less than 2 years.

5, maybe.

Wicked will work on film, it just wont be stage version...on film. Film/stage are two different ways of portraying the story, and personally i'm looking forward to seeing a different version of Wicked.

Plus, you get to see the grand scope of Oz. The producers vision of what they think it looks like, the grandeur of the scenes in Shiz/Emerald City.

I still think the best scenerio is to have an 'unknown' play Elphaba, 'names' for Glinda/Fiyero/Morrible/Wizard/Nessa etc.

Have the whole 'introducing.....' thing Hairspray and Dreamgirls had.

I would love Idina and Kristen to play the leads, but I'm not holding my breath.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#27re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 9/28/08 at 10:39am

I've said this many times before - I would love to see a movie of this, but based on the book and NOT a musical version. I think it could be a very beautiful movie in terms of design.

I agree, I think they should cast unknowns for Elphaba and Glinda (although I would like to see Amy Adams as Glinda) and bigger stars for supporting roles.

And, yeah, there is no way this movie is coming out in 2010. It is probably just a tentative date the producers put on IMDB. Besides, given the popularity of the musical, we would have known something more official by now if it was being released in 2010.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

gypsy4
#28re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 9/28/08 at 11:04am

I have not seen wicked yet i'm probly the one who hasn't. but I love the music but I do have to say it's a little bit overated. it's not the best show broadway has to offer.

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#29re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 9/28/08 at 1:30pm

Oh man, there is no way they are going to do this by 2010... maybe 2012? Nevertheless, I am super psyched for this. I've always thought it would be amazing on screen.

Perfect cast: Anne Hathaway and Kristen Bell.

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#30re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 9/28/08 at 2:29pm

milliedillmount. The reason why the musical is what it is and the reason why it is produced by Universal is because Universal got the rights to turn the novel into a movie. However, when they found out that it wouldn't work as a movie they tried it as a musical and it turned out to work fine.

I doubt that when they make a movie of Wicked it would be based on the novel because they tried it before and it didn't work. I doubt that it would work again. If it worked the first time then we wouldn't have the wicked musical and we would just have the movie based on the book.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

phantomvegas2
#31re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 8:06pm

2016 now?

WishingOnlyWounds2
#32re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 8:14pm

"I have not seen wicked yet i'm probly the one who hasn't. but I love the music but I do have to say it's a little bit overated. it's not the best show broadway has to offer."

If you haven't seen it, you would you know?

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

Swiftynifty15
#33re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 8:56pm

I do not see Kristin and Idina reprising their roles. I think they will find somebody fresh and new. Wicked is so "mainstream" already that the transition from Broadway to film will easily attract pop culture crowds. It's a brilliant money making strategy. However, I hope the producers don't stunt cast and hire individuals such as Miley Cyrus to play Elphaba and Zac Efron and Fiyero while the Jonas Brothers prance around the stage as the Munchkins. That would be a disaster.

AndAllThatJazz22
#34re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 9:30pm

^ Zack Efron [as] Fieyro, why is that bad?

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

nicholas24
#35re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 10:14pm

I Can't help but think about how awkward some of Wicked would be onscreen.
In Defying Gravity when she starts flying and singing at the same time, think about that onscreen. Today they could make it look amazing and real, but then to add on the lines/lyrics, I think it'd look very strange and awkward.
The thrill of this part of Wicked is seeing someone "soar" through the sky right in front of your eyes.
Any thoughts?

bwayfan7000
#36re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 10:30pm

a.) I don't really like High School Musical, but I do think that Efron has a tremendous amount of musical talent, as witnessed in Hairspray. He would be a great, and AGE-APPROPRIATE Fiyero.

b.) If directed by a visionary type, it could work. I'm not thrilled that Winnie Holzman(sp?) is writing the screenplay, as I hated her book. I think the movie would be a great opportunity to fix the flaws of the show. As far as Defying Gravity goes, they could definitely pull it off. It has great potential as a film, as far as I'm concerned.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

kristinchenofan570 Profile Photo
kristinchenofan570
#37re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 10:33pm

I agree^^^
Not that I wouldn't LOVE to see it be a movie, but Wicked is something that could be easily messed up if not done right and also its really a show that was ment for the stage not the screen. Also, the actors have to be picked well if they aren't using any of the Glindas and Elphabas and all the other main roles from Broadway. This movie will either be great or seriously bomb...

Remember when drama was only on the stage?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#38re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 10:37pm

I don't think Efron would work as Fiyero, particularly if they go with Anne Hathaway and Amy Adams in the leads. Unless they go very young with the witches, Efron will be too young.

As for Defying Gravity, I think it will be hard for it to match the theatrical moment. Perhaps if she stays grounded until the very final note?

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#39re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 10:39pm

Anne Hathaway+Kristen Bell + James Marsden.

done and done.

SporkGoddess
#40re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 10:42pm

Anne Hathway can't belt. Glinda, maybe. Elphaba, no.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#41re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 10:43pm

jonartdesigns wrote: "They have learned their lesson from Rent and the Producers when it comes to casting movie musicals."

Yeah, putting Rex Harrison in MY FAIR LADY was a real bad move, and why the hell did they go with Robert Preston for MUSIC MAN, or Judy Holliday for BELLS ARE RINGING or Yul Brynner for KING AND I or Ethel Merman for CALL ME MADAM or Tommy Steele for HALF A SIXPENCE or Zero Mostel for FORUM or Gwen Verdon for DAMN YANKEES.....

So the REAL lesson is .... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#42re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 10:56pm

"Anne Hathway can't belt. Glinda, maybe. Elphaba, no."

She wouldn't have to eight shows a week, just get it right once in the studio.

As for Broadway stars vs movie stars, neither Cheno (WAY too old) nor Menzel (who?) is attractive to a movie producer. They could go with unknowns if they were surrounding them with names (like they did with Blonsky in Hairspray), but Wicked doesn't have that many juicy roles that lend themselves to that.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

SporkGoddess
#43re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 11:19pm

She couldn't even do it once in a studio, as is evident from her performance of "Somebody to Love" in Ella Enchanted. She strains. It just isn't her voice type.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 6/14/09 at 11:19 PM

broadwayboy101
#44re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 11:41pm

TimesSquare, you also have to remember that none of those films have been released in the past 20 years. Broadway was a bit more mainstream back then than it is now.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#45re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/14/09 at 11:43pm

Phantomvegas, it is indeed 2016 now.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#46re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/15/09 at 12:57am

i would like anne hathaway to stay as far away as possible from this already-dismal-looking film

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

jadelove Profile Photo
jadelove
#47re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010
Posted: 6/15/09 at 1:14am

If you think Amy has the vocal range/strenth to pull of glinda you are out of your mind. Have you ever heard her sing live??

Videos