pixeltracker

Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes- Page 2

Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#25re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:16pm

I think you are giving Marky too much credence,
I am sure Piven is not happy he brought that up.
It's all stomach turning and a slap in the face of Broadway and Theatre in general.
Like, hey we don't need that sh*t, we make more in a week than they do in a year on Broadway.
Sorry I am on a rant.

wonkit
#26re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:18pm

Great to see Elisabeth Moss on the stage for the MAD MEN win.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#27re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:23pm

It's possible. I don't really know his personality, which you seem to, so I very well might be. Am I giving him too much credit because I think that his comment was sarcastic, or because I'm suggesting that he's capable of well-placed sarcasm? I mean, I read it and thought it was pretty clearly sarcastic. I'm sure he doesn't honestly think Jeremy's supposed "condition" is contagious, since frankly, that would just be plain stupid.

I still don't think sarcasm is an inappropriate response; this has been satirized ALL over the place, and the satirical responses blatantly say, "Oh, hey, we know you're full of it." Is Wahlberg's comment really all that different? I'm sure Piven isn't happy he brought it up either, since Wahlberg essentially called it out as fake and made him look like stupid.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#28re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:30pm

It seemed to me like Wahlberg was setting Piven up and acknowledging the big elephant in the room that Tiki Barber was afraid to address.

You know, I really do sympathize with him if the whol exhaustion thing is behind this, because I know what its like to be physically exhausted to the point that you just can't do anymore- even the things that you love. But the details surrounding this thing just keep making me doubt his story, and I really wish he would just set the record straight- it'll be for everyone's benefit.

And don't count on a law suit unless this production really loses money. Piven (presumably) has medical records on his side, and this lawsuit will cost the producers a lot of money that could potentially yield only a bit.

luvtheEmcee
#29re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:34pm

I really wish he would just set the record straight- it'll be for everyone's benefit.

What's he going to say? "Yeah, you guys, I just wasn't having fun, but I came up with this really elaborate lie so I wouldn't have to admit that I was actually just being unprofessional because I'm too much of a whiny brat to finish what I started"? If it is a lie, and he can continue to get away with perpetuating it, what's the benefit of honesty?

Updated On: 1/11/09 at 11:34 PM

CurtainPullDowner
#30re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:48pm

Now you're talking LuvThe.
The producers have stated in the press that they were just about to re-coup when Piven wussed out.
He cost a lot of people money and caused the other actors and crew time they can never get back.

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#31re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:49pm

"I really wish he would just set the record straight- it'll be for everyone's benefit"

Who is everyone? Are you saying it is any of YOUR business why someone you don't even know left their job?

#32re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:53pm

I'm sorry but if he really was exhausted, he shouldn't be jetting off to Thailand and partying. I don't feel bad for him one bit.

Jeremy partying before the Globes:
http://perezhilton.com/2009-01-11-cant-nobody-hold-him-down#respond
Updated On: 1/11/09 at 11:53 PM

luvtheEmcee
#33re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 12:00am

CPD - no, I know. You're not the only one with friends in high places, trust me. I know. Very well. That's why I'm saying I don't believe sarcasm -- if that's what it was -- is inappropriate, at all. It calls him out on the BS that this probably is.

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#34re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 1:29am

Piven will never live this down. And how apt for it to happen at Speed-The-Plow, a play about shallow Hollywood people... it takes one to know one.

Anyway, thanks to JP, I now get to enjoy William H. Macy on Broadway and I had my first introduction to Norbert Leo Butz. So it's all good in my book.

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

PiraguaGuy2
#35re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 7:34am

That red-carpet comment by Wahlberg was HILARIOUS. Piven's face dropped about three feet when he said that.

Amazing!

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#36re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 10:31am

Piven will never live this down. And how apt for it to happen at Speed-The-Plow, a play about shallow Hollywood people... it takes one to know one.

I totally agree. That is what the whole thing is about. Makes a producer think twice before they hire him for a theatrical production. He's lucky he's got Entourage for now.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#37re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 10:43am

What did Mark Wahlberg say exactly?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

CurtainPullDowner
#38re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 10:55am

Something about staying away so he doesn't catch Mercury poisoning, it's in the first link in this thread.

landryjames2
#39re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 11:04am

Mark's comment was hilarious. And in my opinion was calling Jeremy out for the absurdity of the Mercury poisoning excuse.

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#40re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 12:12pm

I can't think of another time in recent history where an actor's actions have so disgusted me. Especially after seeing him at the Golden Globes looking fine, just reading things like that quote about his heart being in theater - I have seriously lost all respect for this man. When they showed that clip for Entourage, normally I have so much love for Ari Gold, but I just frowned until Wilkinson won.

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#41re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 12:30pm

Thanks, Emcee - your comment

"
Wouldn't that, then, warrant sarcasm? I agree that what he did to his co-stars and colleagues involved with the show on all levels was really, really sh*tty, but by being sarcastic and basically discounting Piven's credibility here, isn't Wahlberg more or less condemning the behavior? And if he's suggesting that the whole mercury poisoning thing was ridiculous, that's not making light of what Jeremy did to the show. He's not exactly playing along."

- expresses pretty much how I would have responded to Downer.

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

CurtainPullDowner
#42re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 1:14pm

I think I get what you guys mean.

They are both d*ckwads!

donna_darko_23
#43re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 1:42pm

I used to love Piven, but this stunt he pulled certainly lowered what I thought of him. He's still a good actor, but this year I glad that he didn't win the globe for which he was nominated. I can't believe he had the nerve to show up to this event.

And I still find it ridiculous that he couldn't stick around the show for one more week to help it recoup it's investment since he was name that was really helping to sell the tickets. What a prick.

No one on Broadway is going to let him "hug it out, bitch" for this crap.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#44re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 1:51pm

I cannot, cannot, CANNOT stand him. Anymore.
I intially bought tickets to SPEED 'cause a buddy of mine was a big fan of his, whereas, I was booking for Raul. So, in light of that, I do the stagedoor thing (as documented), get *this close* to asking for a picture and an autograph, when all of the sudden, he's on hix phone, taking down some girl's number. I was like, "Okay, yeah" Made the mad-dash for his car and probably went out to drink himself silly. Didn't even bother to talk to many of the folks waiting politely. Thank goodness, Raul and Elisabeth were totally awesome.

Now, I know, he's SO not worth the hype.

JenniferLynn Profile Photo
JenniferLynn
#45re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 3:39pm

None of the surprises me. He made my friend feel like a piece of poop the whole time they were doing Fat Pig together.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#46re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 4:19pm

I had no idea about this...BTW, how does one get "Mercury Poisoning"?

CurtainPullDowner
#47re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
Posted: 1/12/09 at 4:45pm

Eating too much fish.

Ironic huh?