Anthony Warlow - Bring him home

binau Profile Photo
binau
#1Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/15/09 at 3:05am

Has anyone heard the Anthony Warlow studio recording of "Bring him Home"?

You can hear it on YouTube:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm5wxKaniU8

I'm not a big fan of Les Miserables but I love this performance! Incase any of you guys haven't heard it I just thought I'd share.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

JasonM12480
#2re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/15/09 at 8:19am

Warlow has the most beautiful, flawless, powerful voice of ANY musical theater male performer in the industry. What a gift and what a joy. Such a shame he has not come to the Great White Way.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#2re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/15/09 at 9:43am

So beautiful re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home

Love him.

PLEASE come do Phantom over here on Broadway for us, Mr. Warlow re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/15/09 at 9:53am

Has anyone heard the Anthony Warlow studio recording of "Bring him Home"?

Of course. The CD has been out for years.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

LotteTBS138 Profile Photo
LotteTBS138
#4re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/15/09 at 9:56am

nothing beats "This is the Moment" during his concert...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiX2Wgo7hg

or the duet with Philip Quast (sorry Schmerg...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-RYHcyhLqk

I once heard someone describe her (Ruthie Henshall) singing as sounding as though she's trying to swallow a whole meatball slightly larger than her windpipe. (The same person compared Michael Ball's singing to sounding as though he's sitting on a washing machine on spin cycle and Colm Wilkinson's to a man with a paralyzed lip trying to eat cottage cheese.) --- Schmerg_The_Impaler

ThankstoPhantom
#5re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/15/09 at 10:23am

Anthony Warlow + Phantom + Broadway = Blessing on American Musical Theatre.

For that matter, any role he could play in America would be a blessing.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

LotteTBS138 Profile Photo
LotteTBS138
#6re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/15/09 at 4:59pm

oh yeah, he would be perfect as Edna!

I once heard someone describe her (Ruthie Henshall) singing as sounding as though she's trying to swallow a whole meatball slightly larger than her windpipe. (The same person compared Michael Ball's singing to sounding as though he's sitting on a washing machine on spin cycle and Colm Wilkinson's to a man with a paralyzed lip trying to eat cottage cheese.) --- Schmerg_The_Impaler

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#7re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/15/09 at 5:02pm

best male singer alive. any genre. period.

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#8re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/5/13 at 6:20pm

Not sure if the link is still working (it isn't for me, but it might be working in the US - it just says it's barred for my country [Australia]). But I think it's a good time to bump the topic. Still my favourite performance of BRING HIM HOME.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

lachlanw88
#9re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 7:19am

You do all know Anthony Warlow is on Broadway right now in Annie !
Saw him in the Australian production last year and he is wonderful ! Looking forward to seeing him in in on Broadway when I come over next month, go see him and support one of the best Musical theatre stars to come out of Australia ! :)

Dave19
#10re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 8:05am

OMG, that duet with Philip Quast is just magnificent!!!!!!!

Performances like that remind me why I love the fine art of acting through song so much.

Imagine that 2 performers of this calibre played Valjean and Javert in the Les Miserables movie. That would bring a quality to the film that no one in human history has ever seen or heard.
Now THAT would make the film successful and epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-RYHcyhLqk

Updated On: 1/6/13 at 08:05 AM

Dave19
#11re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 8:05am

The best version of Bring him home is John Owen Jones' in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCPiAKDLjKY

Updated On: 1/6/13 at 08:05 AM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#12re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 10:39am

No. When Colm Wilkinson sang Bring Him Home for the first time, it stayed SANG. Everyone else is an also-ran, an afterthought and a wanna-be.

Dave19
#13re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 11:19am

No.

If you listen carefully to all the nuances in emotion and placements of the words and notes from beginning to end you will have to conclude JOJ is better.

You can like Colms voice more, but that is a matter of taste.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#14re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 11:21am

Nope. Not convinced.

After Eight
#15re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 11:31am

I prefer the Humming Chorus in Madame Butterfly.

SporkGoddess
#16re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 12:07pm

Anthony Warlow is my favorite male singer ever. I even like him singing "Music of the Night," and normally that song bores me to tears.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#17re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 2:37pm

If we're talking favorite versions of the song this is up there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W7NMdHK-0o

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

kec Profile Photo
kec
#18re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 2:53pm

John Owen Jones recorded Bring Him Home in Welsh a couple of years ago -- absolutely gorgeous. It's available on U.S. ITunes.

CHOOKA2 Profile Photo
CHOOKA2
#19re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 7:05pm

It's a shame his glorious voice isn't in a better vehicle than Annie--but at least it got him to Broadway and there should be concerts etc.to gain him more recognition before '????' starring Anthony Warlow.
If you get the chance--watch more of that concert with Anthony/John Farnham and Olivia Newton-John.

massofmen
#20re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 7:20pm

his "if i loved you" where he goes to a g# is unreal as well.

Joviedamian
#21re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home
Posted: 1/6/13 at 8:43pm

I see that his CD available via Amazon, but does anyone know if you can purchase songs on like ITUNES, etc? $40.00 for the one CD is kind of expensive. I looked and found nothing to purchase MP3 of him, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction to do so.

Updated On: 1/6/13 at 08:43 PM

Videos