pixeltracker

Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?- Page 2

Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?

PiraguaGuy2
#25re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 3/29/09 at 7:53pm

I have a friend who worked on the reading. I've been sworn to secrecy...but the cast is AMAZING.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#26re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 4:44am

A great movie, they could have a lot of fun with this...though a lot of it takes place in a car...hard for stange

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#27re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 5:39am

(slight movie spoilers ahead)

I'd be quite curious to see how a scene like Dwayne's finally talking/screaming is handled/interpreted on stage. Since he is silent almost the entire film, that moment where he finally lets loose could be quite the show-stopper. Just a random thought.

Mattbrain
#28re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 9:40am

I agree about Kelsey Fowler as Olive.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#29re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 10:05am

Anything new of a new Finn work is cause for celebration!

....but the world goes 'round

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#30re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 12:41pm

This is one movie to musical adaptation that I am fine with! I love hte film and hope it turns out as great as Spelling Bee!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

CYAPollyanna Profile Photo
CYAPollyanna
#31re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 2:35pm

I heard the Toni Collette part is being played by Carolee Carmello...

truth2
#32re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 12:30am

sounds like a perfect cast. little Rachel Resheff is a perfect Little Miss Sunshine.She lights up on stage.

truth2
#33re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 12:34am

sounds like you have a jealosy problem. who ever heard of sami gayle? and guess you've never made it to broadway yourself, cause that kid has a ton of presence

jake6970
#34re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 12:36am

Plenty of people, considering she was in Gypsy last year.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#35re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 12:46am

Now that mormonophobic mentioned that I'm kinda wondering how that'll pan out on stage too. I'd imagine it as a big, emotional, angry rock number, but that's not Finn's style. I really don't think the peppy synthpopish thing would work for something like that, unless it was more along the lines of Marvin Hits Trina but heavier.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

goldenstate5
#36re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 5:51am

New.

William.

Finn.

I don't care if I think the movie shouldn't be adapted into a musical, it's a new William Finn score. Very awesome. One of the few composers I'll make an exception for.

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#37re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 2:19pm

This has a chance to be really groovy, or to suck. I hope to god that Toni Collete comes back to the stage, she is so talented.

RentBoy86
#38re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 2:51pm

Oh, I'm excited for this! Love me some Finn! I'm curious to know how they handle the whole car thing too though? Do you think they'll change it for the stage? I guess it worked for "Happiness," but that was a slightly smaller scale than I'm guessing they're going for.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#39re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 3:00pm

Finn's shows are usually so quirky, who knows how it'll end up being staged?

I'm very excited, though. I hope something comes of it.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

RentBoy86
#40re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 3:06pm

So true.

It does seem like the perfect fit for him. Although I do wish he'd write another original show. He's one of the only major composers write basically original shows. (I know Spelling Bee was based on a play, but honestly how many of us knew the play before the musical?)

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#41re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 3:11pm

The play was mostly improvised... so it's more like "inspired".

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

homeimp
#42re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 4:42pm

I don't like the idea of Jonathan Wright as Dwayne. Dwayne should be younger. Maybe 17 at most. I know the filmmakers were thinking of Paul Dano a couple of years before the movie was made, so they obviously willing to go younger.

Josh Freilich
#43re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 4:47pm

I really do hope this is true. "Little Miss Sunshine" sounds like a good show for Finn to do. I can't wait to hear it!

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#44re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 4:47pm

It should be noted that the cast posted earlier in the thread by PiraguaGuy2 was his personal list of suggestions.

Those actors weren't necessarily involved in the actual reading.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 4/12/09 at 04:47 PM

PiraguaGuy2
#45re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 6:02pm

Yes. That was before I spoke to my friend involved with the reading. I can't elaborate, but the cast was perfect and some of your suggestions were correct.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#46re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 6:05pm

Do you have any info about whether they have plans to produce this anytime soon? Or even officially announce it?

Updated On: 4/12/09 at 06:05 PM

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#47re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 7:14pm

<>

A jealousy problem? I've seen Rachel on Broadway -- she was on both times I saw Shrek. I am just not a fan.

Sami Gayle was a bit over-the-top as June, but it was the character I suppose. She was in her element on stage. She has a ton of presence and a great voice. She'd be great as Olive.

Although I think Georgi James would be adorable as Olive, she just seems a bit young.
Updated On: 4/12/09 at 07:14 PM

truth2
#48re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 11:27pm

just so odd that you think over the top is stage presance. i saw
rachel too, and she has a clear and beautiful voice.sammy is a belter. i have never seen georgi. just so weird to criticize little girls. were you on broadway when you were 8 years old?

truth2
#49re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
Posted: 4/12/09 at 11:56pm

actually-just read your website and seems you worked with Sammy
which probably explains your comments. i thought it seemed a bit
odd to be a "non-fan" of such a talented child as Rachel Resheff. i guess Sammy auditioned for this and didn't get it? what do you think of the adults, btw??

Videos