pixeltracker

Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?- Page 5

Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#100re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/15/09 at 8:14pm

what's the Goodbye Song? Sieber's song?

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

JTRMulch
#101re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/15/09 at 10:42pm

Hey. I'm heading to NYC in the next few days. I won't have time to SEE "Shrek," but I want to get the cast recording if I can. Do they JUST sell it in the theatre/lobby areas, or can I get it right inside the doors? I REALLY want to get it, and since I'll be there and it isn't released until the 24th, I hope I'm able to get it. Does anyone know how that works?

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#102re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/15/09 at 10:47pm

As much as I like the Finale, it sounds like a duet between Sonny & Cher.

re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

KirbyCat
#103re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/16/09 at 1:15pm

Dre- The Goodbye Song is this song that used to be about 1:30 that's now cut down to about 45 seconds... It's pretty much where the fairy-tale creatures are begging Shrek to hunt down Farquaad and get their land back. It's pretty corny, but somewhat unnecessary to be cut from the cd.

JTRMulch-as a matter of a fact, the Broadway Theater is among the few that have a Merchandise kiosk before the ticket scanners.

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#104re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/16/09 at 4:21pm

I was wondering. If Shrek gets into a big enough hole would it be possible for it to air on Nickelodeon?

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

broadway122 Profile Photo
broadway122
#105re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/17/09 at 7:56pm

I have a question about the show.
Ok so i listened to the BWW world premiere of Shrek the Musical OBC of Big bright beautiful world and noticed they cut out the part when the chorus sings on the recording. Did they cut that part out of the show? i really liked that part.

"i had no idea billy elliot was about one boy's triumph over epilepsy."-FindingNamo

Rose's Turn
#106re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/17/09 at 9:12pm

Yep it's cut.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#108re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/17/09 at 10:31pm

I think that the Wicked reference in "What's Up Duloc" is in the reprise. Because don't Shrek and Donkey come in AFTER the original version (on CD)?

Also, I heard that there was a Lion King reference during The Travel Song. Was that cut from the show or just the CD?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#109re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/17/09 at 11:05pm

The Lion King reference is mostly visual- just some Lion King-esque puppets accompanied by some vocalization that sounds like the opening to Circle of Life.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

PiraguaGuy2
#110re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 7:24am

I suppose they cut the Wicked ending because they want to keep it a surprise. Shame, as it's one of the show's funnier parts. I'm VERY upset (and they cut this from the real show as well) Big Bright Beautiful World is so cut-down. The "ba ba ba ba" section was magical.

On the other hand, the fact that they did not cut the fart section in "Think I Got You Beat" is awful.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

minicko88
#110re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 2:24pm

MARCH 24th! 6 more days...

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#111re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 4:21pm

I don't really care for either of Farquaad's songs. He performs well, but the songs are clunky and not put together very well IMO. They don't transition tempos well, and there are weird pauses throughout.

I really enjoy The end of Act I, and most of Act II. Donkey's songs are growing on me, but I really liked "I Could Get Used to This" so it's hard to like the new one now. I'm glad they still used "Gonna Build a Wall"

Overall the music is okay, sometimes really good, but I can just tell this is a good show when you see it live!

KirbyCat
#112re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 5:29pm

Yeah, the What's Up Duloc? reprise was cut from the CD because of the surprise factor. And yeah, it IS a reprise.

But honestly guys, get over the farting and belching in I Think I Got You Beat. It's Shrek for heaven's sake! Shrek is not Shrek without bodily noises! And to be honest, the number actually cracks me up. I play it sometimes on my computer for a pick-me-up...

**6 More Days!

janice4
#113re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 8:46pm

Hey, I'm an old lady, and I think the farting and burping are hysterical. I love that song. BUT Freak Flag is what really sends the message of what this show is all about. It just tells you to be proud of what you are, and the hell with anyone that thinks the lesser of you. Love the message.

KirbyCat
#114re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 8:53pm

Thank You!! All I'm trying to say is that Shrek is not Shrek without farts and burps!

And yes- the message that is sent through Freak Flag and most of the show is absolutely beautiful.

>>It just tells you to be proud of what you are, and the hell with anyone that thinks the lesser of you. Love the message.<<
Beautifully Said.

And is it me, or does Freak Flag almost sound like an anthem to gay rights? re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#115re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 10:06pm

i'm listening on my sirius right now, and Freak Flag has to be my favorite song so far.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#116re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 11:52pm

For some reason, I'm not a big fan of Freak Flag. Maybe I need to listen to it again. But I think the main reason is that the voice of Gingy gets on my nerves so much. I know that they are trying to imitate the movie version of the voice, but it's relaly high pitched and annoying.

yeah, the farting part is not the best part of "I Think I Got You Beat" but that song is just so good. My favorite right now. I use to listen to the demo version of "I Know It's Today" for the longest time. But I love "I Think I Got You Beat" so much now. That is probably the only song (besides "I Know It's Today") that was still in my head when I left the theatre after seeing it. so good.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

i_love_megan
#117re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/18/09 at 11:59pm

I think the finale is one of my favorite songs on the album. The melody is beautiful and exhilerating

lull89 Profile Photo
lull89
#118re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/20/09 at 1:03pm

It's starting up again, for anyone interested.

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#119re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/23/09 at 10:44pm

Am I the only one really excited for the release?

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

biggest CHENO fan Profile Photo
biggest CHENO fan
#120re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/23/09 at 10:49pm

Nope, I am!!! :) I LOVE this music. Catchy.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#121re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/24/09 at 12:00am

itunes just downloaded it for me. :) love it!

-Dre-

~Curtains~

~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Aswatrowinkenbo Profile Photo
Aswatrowinkenbo
#122re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/24/09 at 12:12am

oh not fair, you east coasters can get it on itunes alredy...

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#123re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/24/09 at 12:15am

everyone can. Well, I would, except my mom has to give me her credit card and it's 11:15, so she's sleeping.

Aswatrowinkenbo Profile Photo
Aswatrowinkenbo
#124re: Anyone Listening to the SHREK Cast Recording?
Posted: 3/24/09 at 12:26am

hmm my itunes still says pre-order and all the songs are shaded out. its only 9:27 here.