pixeltracker

RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon- Page 2

RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#25re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 3:45pm

YES!!!

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#26re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 3:53pm

Has anyone heard any buzz about who some of the replacements may be?

They're re-casting the roles of Tateh, Sarah, Emma Goldman, Evelyn Nesbit, The Little Boy, and The Little Girl for the Broadway run.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#27re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 4:01pm

I'm very excited for this production, first because I love the show, but second because I have heard such wonderful things about the concept in it. Can't wait!

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#28re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 4:23pm

I"M SO EXCITED! I saw the original production, but I don't remember it very well, so I can't wait to see it again.
Is Manoel Felciano continuing with the production?

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#29re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 4:27pm

No, he's now at a rep theatre in San Francisco.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#30re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 4:39pm

I like how many people think shows like "Jekyll & HYDE" and "SUNSET BLVD.," not to mention we can't even get a revival of EVITA, but if it's Ragtime it's OK. Can't say I was a fan of the show the first time around, but I've read the book by now and wouldn't mind seeing it...!

Which part was Jill Paice? She was in this with Ron Bohmer right?? .. Bohmer again at the Neil Simon, I imagine he's good in this? (The Scarlet Pimpernel SP 3.0!)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#31re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 4:45pm

I like how many people think shows like "Jekyll & HYDE" and "SUNSET BLVD.," not to mention we can't even get a revival of EVITA, but if it's Ragtime it's OK.

Ragtime is an infinitely better show than any of the ones you mentioned.

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#32re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 4:54pm

^ Agreed

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#33re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 4:56pm

I am super stoked. This is an open-ended run correct?

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#34re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 5:05pm

Nothing released has suggested it would be a limited run.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#35re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 5:10pm

Maybe it will get the award recognition it missed last time round.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#36re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 5:44pm

It won four Tonys the last time around - book, score, featured actress and orchestrations. Not like it got blanked.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

rjjn Profile Photo
rjjn
#37re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 5:46pm

I hope they can keep the scale of the set in tact, the scaffolding was really cool at the Kennedy Center! And I hope a majority of the cast is kept.

"Rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love." -Neil Patrick Harris

jamoca5 Profile Photo
jamoca5
#38re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 5:50pm

WIN.

Shame that Manoel won't be there. I loved him. Will Christiane be there?

~Ash was here

Past 12 Months On Stage:

24 Hour Plays: Otawri (Other Black Woman, 9/11), Hairspray (Shayna, 11/18-21) Twelve Angry Men (5th Juror, 12/9-11), Wilson Winter One-Acts: Mannequins (Bloomingdales Salesperson, 2/11-12), Twelfth Night (Maria, 3/24-26), 30 Plays in 60 Minutes (Various Roles, 6/4), Ragtime (Sarah, 8/11-13)

Current Avatar: Me looking quite sleepy. This shot gives you a nice view of my various posters: ITH, Hair, The Lion King, the list goes on...

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#39re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 6:47pm

Noll will transfer with it. The only roles they're re-casting are the children, Sarah, Tateh, Emma Goldman, and Evelynn Nesbitt.

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#41re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:07pm

What is Leigh Ann Larkin going to be doing this fall? I really liked her Evelyn Nesbit.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#42re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:08pm

It has been implied (all but confirmed) that she will be Petra in the revival of A Little Night Music.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#43re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:08pm

Three words:

BRING BACK AUDRA!!!

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#44re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:11pm

I'm pretty sure Christiane is staying with the show.
I'm curious to see who they are getting for Tateh, Sarah and Emma Goldman. Hope they are interesting choices.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

PastorErnst Profile Photo
PastorErnst
#45re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:11pm

onedaymore, you just made me think of Audra singing "Your Daddy's Son" and I got chills. Oh, how I wish I could see Audra as Sarah again.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#46re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:26pm

I never saw the show considering that I was too young to actually enjoy it when it came out having only been eight at the time. But, I LOVE the music and it was a show that I have wished I could see for a while. I am very happy that this is going to start previews the day before my birthday. I think that based upon what I have heard about this production, I am not going to be disappointed in having this be my birthday gift.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#47re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:26pm

I never saw the show considering that I was too young to actually enjoy it when it came out having only been eight at the time. But, I LOVE the music and it was a show that I have wished I could see for a while. I am very happy that this is going to start previews the day before my birthday. I think that based upon what I have heard about this production, I am not going to be disappointed in having this be my birthday gift.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#48re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:30pm

Oh, aren't her vocals just stellar in that song? It's extremely powerful and emotional. I love it.

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#49re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
Posted: 7/1/09 at 9:06pm

I'm pretty sure Leigh Ann Larkin will be transferring with THIS production, and not taking a role in NIGHT MUSIC.

From her facebook: Leigh Ann Larkin: Neil Simon!!!! Ragtime on Broadway 2009!! Holla!!!

someone writes: Congrats!!! I am so excited for this!
Larkin: Thanks!!! Me too!!!

Facebook stalking at it's finest, but it gives us some information.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards