News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Election 2024

Esther2 Profile Photo
Esther2
#575KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/13/24 at 11:09pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Okay, that is fair. Friend.

I guess what I’m really wondering is howoftendo people give? I feel I’ve been generous, but the requests keep coming almost to point where I feel pressured. As though the fate of the nation rests on my shoulders alone. There’s even a weekly plan.

I mean, I’m doing my best.
"

I've set up a monthly donation for president and my senate candidate that I will cancel after the election.  I get an average of 20 emails a day asking for more.  That's what the delete button is for.  Ignore all of it.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#576KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/14/24 at 8:43am

Thanks, Esther… a shame really that campaign contributions have become so vital. It’s not right.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#577KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/15/24 at 12:46am

Such a brave American, patriot, bone spurs, betcha Dump played a lot of golf on his debilitating bone spurs. Dumpers like several of the trolls in here are morons. Traitor, molester, draft dodger, skank, tax dodging, felon, Putin lickin, profiteer, and the most disgusting piece of filth that has ever represented our country. 

Stephanatic

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#578KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/15/24 at 6:11pm

#45 is getting worse at staging his own assassination attempts. Dude loses attention from the media and he resorts to any means necessary to get attention. He's such an attention seaking whore...

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#579KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/16/24 at 11:39am

It's not clear yet if the alleged attempted assassin actually fired a bullet.  But today I'm not thinking about that.  Instead, as I look at the American flag we fly in our yard, I'm thinking about the tens of thousands of courageous American heroes who were not fortunate enough to dodge a bullet in Vietnam.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 9/16/24 at 11:39 AM

Jay Lerner-Z
#580KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/16/24 at 12:34pm

Please continue to serve the nation, by educating despicable nothings such as myself.

What did they die for? What did their deaths achieve? What did the deaths they caused achieve?

Their heroism was in vain.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

binau Profile Photo
binau
#581KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/16/24 at 3:28pm

It's looking like this second event was a legitimate assassination attempt. In the words of Kamala Harris herself, something that we need to be deeply disturbed about. Both Kamala and Trump must immediately have as much protection as required to ensure their safety - in a democracy the only legitimate way to be in or out of power is via the ballot box. We cannot tolerate this. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Highland Guy
#582KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/16/24 at 4:59pm

Per the Secret Service, the "Suspect" did not fire a shot.  The COWARDLY VIETNAM DRAFT DODGER is blaming Biden/Harris "Rhetoric" for the alleged attempted assault.  Yeah, like the COWARDLY VIETNAM DRAFT DODGER understands the meaning of the word "Rhetoric". 

Non sibi sed patriae

Jay Lerner-Z
#583KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/16/24 at 5:39pm

“legitimate assassination attempt”

Ha, an oxymoron… or no?

Jay Lerner-Z
#584KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/16/24 at 5:42pm

“Cowardly”

This is 2024. Only MAGA-types suffering from toxic masculinity resort to coward-shaming. The rest of us should have the emotional maturity to know better.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#585KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 2:14am

Highland Guy said: "Per the Secret Service, the "Suspect" did not fire a shot. The COWARDLY VIETNAM DRAFT DODGER is blaming Biden/Harris "Rhetoric" for the alleged attempted assault. Yeah, like the COWARDLY VIETNAM DRAFT DODGER understands the meaning of the word "Rhetoric".
"

He didn’t find a shot because the secret service identified and starting shooting. Maybe we are getting tangled on technicalities (ie a shot needs to be fired) but it’s clear what this was. And there is no need to downplay it - if Kamala had someone pointing a rifle at her (let’s also say they have a MAGA hat for theatrics) we’d all be going crazy right now. This is a sickening event. I would say I expect better from people here re; their reactions but it’s clear to me the emotion is so high that it is pointless to pretend that civil discourse is even possible at the point. I guess to try and highlight this is a problem simply imagine that it was Kamala and not Trump who was the target of all of these attacks. I understand the level of emotionality you feel probably means you don’t care - or are even excited at the prospect of Trump being injured or killed. But we can’t normalise abhorrent behaviour because it just happens to suit our ideological views at the time. When the tides suddenly turn everything becomes a lot more scary. You should maintain some kind of moral principles here. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 9/17/24 at 02:14 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#586KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 7:03am

And just like that, Trump's narrative gets debunked. The suspect never shot any bullets & never had a line of sight to Trump. It wasn't an assassination attempt. It's time for the media to move on.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Pauly3
#587KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 9:59am

Utter nonsense.  There is every reason to believe this was a planned assassination attempt AND was in the process of being executed (not still simply in the planning stages).  Minimizing - or even dismissing this event as non-issue is more demonstration of the absurdity of the left AND adds to the motivation to get behind Trump's big orange middle finger.

Highland Guy
#588KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 11:55am

binau said: "Highland Guy said: "Per the Secret Service, the "Suspect" did not fire a shot. The COWARDLY VIETNAM DRAFT DODGER is blaming Biden/Harris "Rhetoric" for the alleged attempted assault. Yeah, like the COWARDLY VIETNAM DRAFT DODGER understands the meaning of the word "Rhetoric".
"

He didn’t find a shot because the secret service identified and starting shooting. Maybe we are getting tangled on technicalities (ie a shot needs to be fired) but it’s clear what this was. And there is no need to downplay it - if Kamala had someone pointing a rifle at her (let’s also say they have a MAGA hat for theatrics) we’d all be going crazy right now. This is a sickening event. I would say I expect better from people here re; their reactions but it’s clear to me the emotion is so high that it is pointless to pretend that civil discourse is even possible at the point. I guess to try and highlight this is a problem simply imagine that it was Kamala and not Trump who was the target of all of these attacks. I understand the level of emotionality you feel probably means you don’t care - or are even excited at the prospect of Trump being injured or killed. But we can’t normalise abhorrent behaviour because it just happens to suit our ideological views at the time. When the tides suddenly turn everything becomes a lot more scary. You should maintain some kind of moral principles here.
"

I made two statements of fact:  (1) Per the Secret Service, the "Suspect" did not fire a shot.  (2) The COWARDLY DRAFT DODGER is blaming Biden/Harris "Rhetoric" for the alleged attempted assault.

You play loose with facts concerning your U.S. citizenship and voting.  You know nothing.  Don't EVEN attempt to discuss what you believe to be my "level of emotionality".  I don't take kindly to internet bullies and trolls.

Non sibi sed patriae

binau Profile Photo
binau
#589KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 12:31pm

Sorry but you know what you're doing - by calling this an 'alleged attempted assault' you're completely downplaying the significance of this event. And I don't believe that you'd speak about this the same way if it was Kamala who was the target, which by the way is fine as long as we aren't pretending that you're thinking clearly or unemotionally.

It is clear this is an ideological discussion aimed to support the narrative in your mind not a good faith discussion about the truth, to call it such does not make me either a bully or a troll. I certainly do not play 'loose with the facts' that's also completely fabricated. The fact that you make certain assumptions that don't turn out to be true when tested has nothing to do with me. 

Please, we are PROBABLY mostly on the same side. But I will not fight to the literal death at all costs for one side or the other, and I'm trying to have a discussion where I can see the same is not true for you or a few others in this thread. If you don't like this you're welcome to start a new thread called 'Ideological echo chamber' and I promise I won't post in it. It's ok to have your views challenged - you shouldn't be this upset about it. This is what a discussion is. Part of the cultural mess we have is that people seem incapable of having their views challenged without wanting to press the nuclear war button. It didn't always used to be this way. 

Updated On: 9/17/24 at 12:31 PM

Highland Guy
#590KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 12:37pm

binau said: "Sorry but you know what you're doing - by calling this an 'alleged attempted assault' you're completely downplaying the significance of this event. And I don't believe that you'd speak about this the same way if it was Kamala who was the target, which by the way is fine as long as we aren't pretending that you're thinking clearly or unemotionally.

It is clear this is an ideological discussion aimed to support the narrative in your mind not a good faith discussion about the truth, to call it such does not make me either a bully or a troll. I certainly do notplay 'loose with the facts' that's also completely fabricated. The fact that you make certain assumptions that don't turn out to be true when tested has nothing to do with me.

Please, we are PROBABLY mostly on the same side. But I will not fight to the literal death at all costs for one side or the other, and I'm trying to have a discussion where I can see the same is not true for you or a few others in this thread. If you don't like this you're welcome to start a new thread called 'Ideological echo chamber' and I promise I won't post in it. It's ok to have your views challenged - you shouldn't be this upset about it.
"

So, are you a U.S. citizen or not?  Do you vote in U.S. elections or not?  Simple questions.  I like to know who or what I'm dealing with when I am attacked in this vast internet.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 9/17/24 at 12:37 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#591KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 12:39pm

I have never pretended to be a US citizen or vote - the discussion has already been had. 

Jay Lerner-Z
#592KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 12:48pm

Was it serious enough to warrant a place in Sondheim’s “Assassins”?

To me, what you say is true, binau… violence against either candidate is wrong. Democracy remains our best weapon as of now. Still, the difference between Kamala and Donald is their NRA rating. Democrats and Republicans in general. Any assassinated GOPer would have been complicit in their own death by creating this toxic gun culture.

Jay Lerner-Z
#593KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 12:51pm

P.S. binau, any poster here of sound mind can see that you are NOT a bully and NOT a troll. Don’t let such hysterical accusations concern you.

Updated On: 9/17/24 at 12:51 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#594KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 12:52pm

I actually saw a production of Assassins a few years ago that ended with a character holding a magazine saying "Who's Next" in a MAGA hat. It's either aged incredibly well or terribly and I can't tell which!

Jay Lerner-Z
#595KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 12:56pm

Binau, I imagine you are at least a citizen of the “free world”, whatever that is. POTUS is the leader of it, apparently. I think that is enough to entitle you to speak.

Pauly3
#596KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 1:21pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Any assassinated GOPer would have been complicit in their own death by creating this toxic gun culture."

You demonstrate you can be reasonable, with your comments targeted toward Binau for example, but the above quote is demonstrative of the opposite.  This sort of thing is too often repeated with you, I have noticed. It's not so unlike a bipolar disorder where sometimes you are able to think and other times not.

Supporting the 2nd Amendment, self-defense and LEGAL gun ownership does not contribute to a toxic gun culture where irresponsible people ILLEGALLY own guns and commit crimes with them.

Jay Lerner-Z
#597KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 1:27pm

You mean sometimes you agree with me, and sometimes you don’t? Hardly unheard of.

Guns are so prolific that the legalities have become redundant. Anyone who wants a gun can get one easy/peasy.

Pauly3
#598KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 1:32pm

No, not what I meant.  Sometimes you make absurd statements, other times not so much.  It has nothing to do whether I agree or disagree on the topic.

Highland Guy
#599KAMALA WALZ 2024
Posted: 9/17/24 at 1:33pm

binau said: "I have never pretended to be a US citizen or vote - the discussion has already been had."

Yet another non-answer.  Gotcha.

Non sibi sed patriae

Latest Posts

Videos