News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022

Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 1:13pm

Happy trails to our lady of the underground. What an extraordinary performance. 

I wonder who will take over as Persephone... Lana Gordon full-time?

Oh look, a bibu!

ElephantLoveMedley
#3Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 1:20pm

An absolutely legendary performance. One of those rare, all-time great performances where everything fired on every possible cylinder. I maintain that she was totally robbed of the Tony.

Rainah
#4Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 1:22pm

I wonder if we'll see Patrick announce too. He's said many times he's not interested in playing Hades without Amber as Persephone. 

ImAProphet
#5Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 1:22pm

I wonder if Patrick Page is next. He always talks about Amber like she's his anchor to the show.

EDIT: I have no unique thoughts

Updated On: 2/7/22 at 01:22 PM

BCfitasafiddle
#6Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 1:24pm

She was the best part of this show, both times I saw it. Not that it's not wonderful all around, but she's one of the most dynamic, entertaining, and captivating performers I've seen onstage.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#7Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 1:27pm

Man, what a star she is, her performance was thrilling. I hope to see her in the future! 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#8Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 1:37pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Happy trails to our lady of the underground. What an extraordinary performance.

I wonder who will take over as Persephone... Lana Gordon full-time?
"

I feel like if Lana Gordon was going to replace her they would’ve just announced that with this announcement. So, I think it’s going to be someone else. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#9Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 1:51pm

Amber leaving, Patrick Page probably leaving now, Andre is always out. This show is something special with this OBC. Hoping it doesn't lose it's magic when the OBC leaves.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

adotburr
#10Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 1:55pm

Maybe Kimberly will take over the role! She was supposed to in March 2020. I feel like I should get to NYC one more time to see Amber but I dont think I will be able to. 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”
Updated On: 2/7/22 at 01:55 PM

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#11Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 2:38pm

I saw Lana a few months ago and thought she was fantastic, but I might need to go once more to see Amber!

As always it's sad to see someone leave a show (especially one they've been with for so long). But, one of my favorite things about Hadestown is the way that they encourage different takes on the characters. So if they are bringing someone new in, I'm excited to see a new take on the character!

Square Peg2
#12Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 3:13pm

Just booked a ticket for Fri Feb 18 - I had booked for the night of Amber's announced return from vacation in November to try and guarantee seeing her in the role and it turned out that Lana Gordon went on that night. Lana was sensational and gained a new fan, but I am still desperately hoping to catch Amber in this role! Hope I will have more luck this time around.

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#13Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 9:03pm

adotburr said: "Maybe Kimberly will take over the role! She was supposed to in March 2020. I feel like I should get to NYC one more time to see Amber but I dont think I will be able to."

Kimberly is Persephone on the national tour, so it won't be her on Broadway.

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

Bigserver1
#14Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 9:09pm

We have tickets on Friday 2/11. With Reeve, Andre and Patrick being back recently, and now the Amber announcement, I’m hoping to see most of the OBC principals this week when we see it!

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#15Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/7/22 at 9:56pm

She was incredible in the role, complete command of the stage from start to finish. I'm so glad I got to see her. And as great as Ali Stroker was, I agree that Gray was completely robbed of a Tony.

OffOnBwayHi
#16Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/8/22 at 1:08am

Yes! Finally going to see this on Wednesday! Right on time.

PhumeleleToniJose
#17Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/8/22 at 1:50am

In addition to Gray, the current Broadway cast of Hadestown is led by Grammy winner Reeve Carney, Tony winner André De Shields, two-time Tony nominee Eva Noblezada, and Tony nominee Patrick Page. The cast also includes Jewelle Blackman, Jessie Shelton, and Kay Trinidad as the Fates, and Lana Gordon as the Persephone alternate. The chorus of Workers is played by Emily Afton, Malcolm Armwood, Timothy Hughes, Trent Saunders, and Grace Yoo, with swings Sojourner Brown, Tara Jackson, Tomás Matos, Sayo Oni, Yael "YaYa" Reich, and  azarechat T. Oliver Reid.

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#18Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/9/22 at 4:52pm

I'm sad to hear it, but certainly not surprised. She was gearing up to leave before the pandemic, and basically said from the get go since it's reopened she could not do it full time. She's a mother of two very young children, and I think it just may be unsustainable for her at this point.

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#19Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/9/22 at 4:53pm

ImAProphet said: "I wonder if Patrick Page is next. He always talks about Amber like she's his anchor to the show.

EDIT: I have no unique thoughts
"

I don't think so. I'm a student of Patrick's and his Hadestown schedule has been incorporated into his teaching schedule pretty far out.

Dolly80
#20Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/10/22 at 5:48pm

She should have won the Tony. The best performance I’ve seen on Broadway for years. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#21Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/10/22 at 7:13pm

An earlier poster said that Andre is always out. What have people thought of his cover and when is he most reliable to see?

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Alexander Lamar
#22Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/10/22 at 8:10pm

Since September I have seen Anthony Chatmon (no longer with the show), T. Oliver Reid, and Trent Saunders all filling in for Andre and they were all excellent. As far as when he is most reliable, I am not sure there is a pattern to his absences - seems pretty sporadic. 

AndreyIsntHere Profile Photo
AndreyIsntHere
#23Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/11/22 at 11:20am

One of Amber's friends posted this: https://www.instagram.com/p/CZz04-klSQ2/
GO before she moves on to a new show at the end of next week
Any rumors or whispers as to what the new show is? I thought maybe she'd leave to take a break to be with her family, or focus more on tv/film, which she's been dabbling in lately. I wouldn't be surprised if she was in Chavkin's Lempicka NEXT season - but as for what she's going to do right after Hadestown, I truly have no predictions! 

adotburr
#24Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/11/22 at 11:24am

never mind! 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”
Updated On: 2/11/22 at 11:24 AM

JSquared2
#25Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/11/22 at 1:11pm

AndreyIsntHere said: "One of Amber's friends posted this:https://www.instagram.com/p/CZz04-klSQ2/
GO before she moves on to a new show at the end of next week
Any rumors or whispers as to what the new show is? I thought maybe she'd leave to take a break to be with her family, or focus more on tv/film, which she's been dabbling in lately. I wouldn't be surprised if she was in Chavkin's Lempicka NEXT season - but as for what she's going to do right after Hadestown, I truly have no predictions!
"

Hint -- it's not what anyone is expecting.

Videos