News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022- Page 2

Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022

JSquared2
#25Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/11/22 at 1:11pm

AndreyIsntHere said: "One of Amber's friends posted this:https://www.instagram.com/p/CZz04-klSQ2/
GO before she moves on to a new show at the end of next week
Any rumors or whispers as to what the new show is? I thought maybe she'd leave to take a break to be with her family, or focus more on tv/film, which she's been dabbling in lately. I wouldn't be surprised if she was in Chavkin's Lempicka NEXT season - but as for what she's going to do right after Hadestown, I truly have no predictions!
"

Hint -- it's not what anyone is expecting.

adotburr
#26Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/11/22 at 1:12pm

JSquared2 said: "AndreyIsntHere said: "One of Amber's friends posted this:https://www.instagram.com/p/CZz04-klSQ2/
Any rumors or whispers as to what the new show is? I thought maybe she'd leave to take a break to be with her family, or focus more on tv/film, which she's been dabbling in lately. I wouldn't be surprised if she was in Chavkin's Lempicka NEXT season - but as for what she's going to do right after Hadestown, I truly have no predictions!
"

"

Is she joining a show that is already open or is it a new show opening this season? Or not theatre at all? 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#27Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/13/22 at 12:00pm

JSquared2 said: "AndreyIsntHere said: "One of Amber's friends posted this:https://www.instagram.com/p/CZz04-klSQ2/
"

"

My guess would be Sabina or Mrs. Antrobus in THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#28Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/13/22 at 12:07pm

She’s gonna be in a Broadway play that starts previews in late March.

willep
Selina Xi
Plexsis
#31Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/14/22 at 10:05am

Just announced that she’s in the cast for the Daniel Craig/Ruth Negga Macbeth 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#32Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/14/22 at 10:08am

I would've rather seen her as Sabina, but she'll kill it as Banquo! Already picturing the ghost scene. 

AndreyIsntHere Profile Photo
AndreyIsntHere
#33Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/14/22 at 1:30pm

I won't lie, I wouldn't have expected her to depart Hadestown for a limited-run play (nothing run with limited runs, I just didn't expect it)! Nevertheless, I'm VERY excited and I bought first preview tickets to Macbeth. Not just for her obviously, the entire cast is amazing.

I wonder when they'll announce the new Persephone? Also, will they keep Lana Gordon as an alt (or maybe promote her to full-time and hire a new alt), or will the new Persephone not have an alternate? I'd love for Lana to stick around, even if she's "only" an alt/understudy/standby and someone new is hired full-time.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
Nolan LuPone
#35Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 1:57pm

The fact that they were waiting to announce had me hoping it would be someone bigger... ah well. Congratulations to Lana, though! She is a fabulous Persephone, and I hope to catch her again.

Updated On: 2/16/22 at 01:57 PM

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#36Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 2:08pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Lana Gordon is indeed taking over as Persephone full-time.
She will begin on the 22nd.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Lana-Gordon-to-Take-Over-the-Role-of-Persephone-in-HADESTOWN-on-Broadway-20220216

"

starting on the 22nd?  is Lana still considered the alternate for this sunday's performances, or is someone else covering?

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 2/16/22 at 02:08 PM

alex814
#37Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 4:08pm

AndreyIsntHere said: "I won't lie, I wouldn't have expected her to depart Hadestown for a limited-run play (nothing run with limited runs, I just didn't expect it)! "

Another Broadway credit, limited engagement or not, can still be favorable to your career in the long run.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#38Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 4:29pm

JBroadway said: "I would've rather seen her as Sabina, but she'll kill it as Banquo! Already picturing the ghost scene."

Omg she would be a brilliant Sabina.

adotburr
#39Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 5:42pm

Well, you all have convinced me to see Amber in Macbeth so thank you hahah

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#40Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/16/22 at 9:47pm

For those interested, all five principals were on today. 

First time seeing it since the NYTW iteration.  Glad to have seen it with the OBC (Amber was such a delight).

Updated On: 2/17/22 at 09:47 PM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#44Amber Gray will play her final performance as Persephone in HADESTOWN on February 19, 2022
Posted: 2/20/22 at 4:28pm

Crying as well. She really was perfect as Persephone. 

Videos