News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2- Page 28

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

MistressoftheHouse
#675re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 3:39pm

I do NOT think I could stand outside for that long for tickets. It's absolutely FREEZING outside!

I'm anxious to hear reviews from tonight, though!

Avatar credit goes to _shiksagoddess_ on livejournal.com.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#676re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 3:49pm

It was really cold when I went a couple of weeks ago.

I'm wondering what the weekends will looke like post-Constantine.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#677re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 4:08pm

Probably the same.

He was a draw...but not that big of a draw.

Don't forget we're entering holiday season.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

BroadwayDreams2 Profile Photo
BroadwayDreams2
#678re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 4:51pm

I don't think it'll change much because I still saw the same group of people I always saw there on weekends before he came but you never know. Also the couple of people I talked to while waiting on the line for tickets each time, none of them said they were there to see him. Whenever I went I noticed his fanbase was usually located up in the mezz and they had bought their tix ahead of time so we'll see if rush changes any. I'm going on Saturday, planning on getting there around 8. We'll see what happens.

Show Off
#679re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 8:53pm

Does anyone know how many times Nicolette has been on as Linda? Did anyone here see her?

dancingthrulife04
#680re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 8:56pm

I saw her as Linda. She was good, but I think she would have been better suited to Holly, as far as the vocals go.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#681re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 8:59pm

Awwww. I loved her Linda.

And when she winks at me during bows.

:)

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

dancingthrulife04
#682re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:00pm

Don't get me wrong, I did like her as Linda. She's definitely got the comic timing for it. I just felt like she struggled with the songs a little bit. I think Holly's songs would be a better fit for her. (And, I wanted to see her as Holly anyway re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2)

Updated On: 12/5/06 at 09:00 PM

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#683re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:03pm

Maybe it was an off night.

She kicked the sh*t out of them when I saw her. I love her and Felicia equally, though.

Leads or understudies, this show is fully of amazing performers...in most cases.

dancingthrulife04
#684re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:06pm

I added some more to my last post.

I've really never had a complaint about any of the udnerstudies. The ones I've seen have all been fantastic.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#685re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:11pm

Most of the ones I've seen have been wonderful.

Guess I just love that magic of the original cast and it just seems to be missing when certain performers are on.

Don't get me wrong, it's still fun. But, when some understudies are on, it's just not the same.

But, that's how it goes.

Show Off
#686re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:14pm

Ahhhhh I wish I could see her as Linda.

I love her voice. I haven't heard her in any of Linda's songs but I heard her Right in Front of Your Eyes from some event and I thought she was pretty good, she just struggled a little with the high notes.
I've only seen her in the ensemble re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

And random, but I loveee her as Maureen in Rent.

dancingthrulife04
#687re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:15pm

I do get what you're saying. I guess it could be worse though. The understudies could all suck. re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

bwayondabrain
#688re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:16pm

Well, I just wanted to say I've heard Nicolette as Linda singing "Let Me Come Home", and I personally think she sounds even better than Felicia! And Felicia is incredible, so that is a pretty big deal :) Yeah, I love Nicolette!

MrAmySpanger Profile Photo
MrAmySpanger
#689re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:23pm

im freezing my ass off this weeeekend.
and extra excited

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#690re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:40pm

It's been a few weeks for me actually.

But, I'm doing it as a measure to slowly ween myself off so it's not a total bummer when it closes. I have my tickets for the final evening performance and I'm sure I'll go back before them...but I've been reaquainting myself with the realization that there are so many other shows I need to see this season.

I saw THE VERTICAL HOUR last Saturday.
And tomorrow is APPLE TREE!!

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#691re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 10:30pm

Nicolette was on as Linda tonight, oddly enough, since we were just discussing that.

And um... I'd forgotten how hot Spencer Liff is. HOLY.

And it was also good to see Matt back. REALLY good. Though there was a bit of a spacing glitch during Single...

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#692re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 10:32pm

Lea, I hate you.

I haven't seen Spencer since June.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#693re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 10:41pm

AH! I am watching "The First Wives Club" right now...in case you didn't notice my signature, I love the movie and cannot wait for the stage adaptation.

Well, at the very beginning Bette Midler tells her son that she's booked a band named "Burning Sensation" to play at her son's bar mitzvah.

Random WEDDING SINGER moment.

froggy2
#694re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 11:36pm

I saw an ad for DeVry the other night and got a little overly excited about that. I need help.

I've seen Nicolette on as Linda a bunch of times and I've grown to really like her in the role. Vocally, moreso than anything. I prefer Felicia in general because she brings a little more insanity to the role, but I really have no complaints about Nicolette. I would KILL to see her as Holly.

I noticed the spacing thing in "Single" too - but I'm a spaceout so I just assumed it was supposed to be like that all along and I'd never noticed it before.

MistressoftheHouse
#695re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/6/06 at 11:49am

Did anyone here buy the Carols for a Cure CD? I thought it was a great idea for the cast to do The Chanukah Song and I was wondering if you guys heard it, what you thought of it.

Avatar credit goes to _shiksagoddess_ on livejournal.com.

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#696re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/6/06 at 1:36pm

I just bought the Carols for the Cure CD this past weekend after I saw TWS. The Hanukah Song is very good - funny and very well sung. The music used in it is terrific also.

The entire CD is fantastic. If you buy only one CD this season and if you enjoy holiday songs, this is the one to buy. I just finished listening to the whole thing. Great job.

Question: I read two posts here about a spacing problem in "Single" that people mentioned after seeing last night's show. Can someone explain what that means? thanks

Updated On: 12/6/06 at 01:36 PM

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#697re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/6/06 at 1:40pm

I think what happened was Matt wasn't far enough over on the steps the last time they go up (there are a lot of people in a row the last time) and Peter wouldn't fit.

He tried, and then just stayed on the ground and danced around - Matt realized what he'd done wrong but it wasn't a huge deal for his first night back.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#698re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/6/06 at 1:45pm

I've seen that happen a few times, where Peter just doesn't fit so he stays on the ground. It happened on Sat night when I saw the show.

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#699re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/6/06 at 2:14pm

Now I get what spacing means. That last on the stairs is jam packed. I think that's part of what makes it look effective. thanks

Videos