News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2- Page 26

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

Maggie_May
#625re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 2:05am

I saw the show tonight. I'm too exhausted to post a long review but Joberg and Stocke made the night, for me at least. They are hysertical. Constantine was HORRIBLE. Granted I was never too happy about him being there but he use to at least make me laugh. He plays the character like he has something mentally wrong with him. I didn't laugh once. It was pretty awful. I am excited that Saldivar will be back. I was so happy to see Laura back. Last time I went she was out and Tina was on so it's been a long time. It's such a good show and I'm really going to miss it when it's gone.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#626re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 7:59am

sorry to hear that Constantine sucked...haha, nobody can be as good and funny as Matthew is in the role.

HairsprayFan01 Profile Photo
HairsprayFan01
#627re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 8:43am

Matt Allen was AMAZING in the role as well. I absolutely adored his Sammy.

BroadwayDreams2 Profile Photo
BroadwayDreams2
#628re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 8:52am

^That was me, sorry. Updated On: 12/17/06 at 08:52 AM

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#629re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 10:22am

I personally am a HUGE fan of David Josefsberg's Sammy. Love Matthew and cannot wait until he's back, but I was always happen to hear if he was out when I was going because Joberg's Sammy is absolutely fab.

WiiCKED x3
#630re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 10:25am

He plays the character like he has something mentally wrong with him

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I'm really excited about Matthew comming back!

BlueforBroadway Profile Photo
BlueforBroadway
#631re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:37am

I have a friend who went to the matinee yesterday and was told that the show was sold out. There was not an empty seat. Constantine got the biggest applause at the end. Sorry folks. I love the guy. I am sad that today is his last day. I have many friends going to the show today to give him a big cheer at the end. I've seen him in the Wedding Singer and he was awesome. People around me who didn't even realize he was in the show were laughing at all the right times. They also thought he was an awesome Sammy.

I know you all are glad Saldivar is coming back, but I've seen video of him and also heard Single on the cd. No comparison. Constantine brought a definite excitement to the role. He will be missed. Just my opinion.

I seriously doubt he would have been asked to extend his run if he was actually horrible. He has hardly missed a show since he began.

Jekyll & Hyde back on Broadway! / Rock of Ages - 5 Tony nominations! Awesome!

Maggie_May
#632re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:58am

He WAS a good Sammy when he first got there (minus his rude and unprofessional adlib about the catholic church). He made me laugh a lot the first two times I saw him. Last night though he was horrible and it's time for him to pack up and leave and have the true talent come back.

ikmbway
#633re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 12:03pm

Constantine missed the show the first time I saw it. When I saw it the 2nd time I did see him and I didn't think he was horrible. There was nothing bad but also nothing amazing. Matt Allen did a good job as Sammy though!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#634re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 4:25pm

I unfortunately caught Constantine rather late in his run, and he was not good.

I'm excited for Matt ot be back.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#635re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 4:45pm

yea, i saw constantine 3 times now. once in october where i thought he did a pretty good job, and then twice in november and i just thought he had gotten worse. he was trying too hard. but thats my opinion. i just think his performances went downhill the longer he was in the role. so i really cant wait to see matthew!

"Wishes come true, not free..."

bwayondabrain
#636re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 5:07pm

same here!

and yeah, I just got the sweetest email from Christina. :) I love her!

MistressoftheHouse
#637re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 5:14pm

I saw him once, and it wasn't a good experience, but it WAS later in his run, so it's possible that I would have liked him when he was new.

My review should still be easy to find on the old thread, it's near the end.

Avatar credit goes to _shiksagoddess_ on livejournal.com.

Broadwayfan120791 Profile Photo
Broadwayfan120791
#638re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 7:47pm

I am seeing the show this Friday because it is my birthday Thursday, so for my birthday my family and my friend are taking me to see The Wedding Singer and go out to eat. I cannot wait to see it...Center Orchaestra Row O are my seats and I've listened to the music a lot before and I am in love with it. I cannot wait to see the show itself now, very excited.

Does anyone know if any of the cast members will be out this friday or for any of this week? just wondering...I'm really looking forward to seeing Stephen Lynch !

Come on babe we're gonna paint the town...and all that jazz...

ikmbway
#639re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 7:52pm

I don't know about anyone being out but I hope you enjoy the show! And happy early birthday!
Updated On: 12/3/06 at 07:52 PM

WiiCKED x3
#640re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 8:44pm

My friend just saw the show at 3 and she said the show was the best show she's ever seen in her whole life.
I obviously agreed with her re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

Earlier I also received a sweet email from Christina. She's so nice!

Also, my friend said Stephen's ass was showing during "Somebody Kill Me".

Is that true?!

bwayondabrain
#641re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 8:46pm

Oh yeah, maybe it was in response to what I said, but I got an email from Christina too! Sooo nice :)

And any details about Constantine's leaving? Was there an announcement at curtain call or anything? How was the stage door?

MrAmySpanger Profile Photo
MrAmySpanger
#642re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 10:26pm

THIS SATURDAYYY
i'm SO excited.
it's beeen forever.
and im really glad to be seeing matt again.
constantine was...decent, perhaps...but i hate the way he played the role. more scumbag. more wow i really don't give a **** about sammy anymore.
so yeah
saturday im excited =] ha

BlueforBroadway Profile Photo
BlueforBroadway
#643re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:24pm

Yes Kevin did say that it was Constantine's last show. One person won an auction to be backstage with him and some other things. The auction was for the Broadway Cares charity. She bid $1000.00 to win. His family and friends were there to support him as well as a load of fans. It was a nice send off for him. He got lots of applause. Evidently, he came out before the others at the stage door tonight and then took off in a car with his family and friends.

And thus ends his run on the Wedding Singer. On to Jacques Brel. For me, too.

Jekyll & Hyde back on Broadway! / Rock of Ages - 5 Tony nominations! Awesome!

PirateSmile Profile Photo
PirateSmile
#644re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:34pm

No. . .no 30 person crowds. Never in the double-digits. This isn't Jay Johnson.

Heh. Erik... Just saw yer post.... LOL

Here's to Patti And Tina And Yoko, Aretha And Nona And Nico And me

BitchofaLiving
#645re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:38pm

strange thing is...my stomach sank to hear Spencer is back. i have missed him SOOO much. he has come a long way since i first met him back in 2003 on his first cruise contract or better yet since he was an 8 year old in the bette midler movie, Gypsy. looking forward to seeing the original cast all back together for the final show. parting is such sweet sorrow.

xerotheory7803
#646re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:48pm

it wont be the full original cast, Matt Allen and Cara Cooper are gone.

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#647re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 12:14am

Saw the show tonight and it was fun as always. Constantine did a great final performance. I've seen him several times during his run and like the way he has played the role.

Some of the posts on here tonight crack me up. I'm sure Matt Saldivar must be delighted to have fans like some of you who are so happy to have him back that you just need to bash another actor in the process.

DrunkyMcWasted Profile Photo
DrunkyMcWasted
#648re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 12:29am

Not liking an actor's performance isn't the same thing as bashing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I myself did not like Constantine's take on the role at all, particularly towards the end of his run. Does that mean I hate him and want him to die? No. It's my opinion, and it's every bit as valid as yours.

l love you without knowing how... or when... or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride.
I love you because I know no other way than this.

I believe in fate
But it's up to us to follow through

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#649re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 12:36am

im not bashing constantine, like i said, he did a pretty good job teh first time i saw him, i just think he tried too hard towards the end of his run. he can deff sing and act and has the ability to be on broadway, i just think he needs to forget about the fans during the show.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

Videos