News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2- Page 27

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

MistressoftheHouse
#650re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 1:54am

I doubt we're all just bashing Constantine because we feel like tearing someone down. In my last post I referenced my review of the show I saw where he performed. I went looking for it and it's on page 184 of the old thread.

If you look, I tried my best to be fair and to not even come across as just being mean especially with no reason to be. We've seen him, we've formed opinions and we've tried to say that they're only that - opinions.

I'm really sorry if you don't like that or it offended you in any way but I think we could have been a lot worse. If you go into a Wicked thread or something like that people are a lot less kind.

Avatar credit goes to _shiksagoddess_ on livejournal.com.

MistressoftheHouse
#651re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 4:22pm

Aww, I killed the thread.

Sorry, guys. re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#652re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 4:30pm

I wasn't trying to "bash" Constantine. He's a GREAT singer(I was p.o'ed when he was voted off AI), but I didn't feel that his acting was very good. If I wanted to bash him, I would have. However, that is not the case.

Back to your regularly scheduled Wedding Singer chatter. re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#653re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 4:41pm

I am so excited to have Spencer back. While I enjoyed Nick, Spencer will always be my favorite. Him and Ashley were always such an adorable "Ken and Barbie" pair and Spencer is such a sweetheart. If anyone goes to the show tomorrow, you must post a review for Matthew and Spencer!!

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

MistressoftheHouse
#654re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 4:46pm

I think Spencer was already gone by the time I got to the show, but everyone seems to think he was great.

Maybe I'll have to catch him in the Hairspray movie.

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#655re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 5:21pm

From a post several above this one:
"I doubt we're all just bashing Constantine because we feel like tearing someone down."

I totally agree with what you wrote. And I didn't mean that everyone was bashing Constantine. In fact, the people who responded back to my post have probably been amongst the fairest people on the thread in describing their thoughts on how he was in the show. I certainly didn't think there was issue with people not liking his performance. Of course opinions like that will occur.

However, when I opened the thread saw things like:

horrible
pretty awful
he sucked
time for him to pack it in

And no reasons given, but then in the next sentence I read things relating to Matthew like:

time for the true talent to come back

I had to think that certain posters were just doing this type of writing because they are Matthew fans.

From what I have read here about Matthew, he's very well loved in the role, so I can't imagine why anyone had to come up with the posts filled with descriptions listed above about the actor leaving the role. I realize not everyone enjoyed Constantine's performance in the show like I did, and that is certainly all part of how entertainment works.

I have a lot of respect for all of the fine people who are in TWS cast. I've enjoyed seeing the show and am still sorry that it is closing.

Thank you all for reading my earlier post and I'm sorry if anyone got offended who should not have!

dancingthrulife04
#656re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 5:33pm

Explanation of my feelings about Constantine:

Constantine is an amazing singer. I'm not going to deny that one. Maybe it wa sjsut this role in particular, but I did not like his acting. His Sammy was overly whiny. I found him annoying. His constant mugging for his fans didn't help his case either.

That said, I wish him well.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

bwayondabrain
#657re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 5:37pm

I love Robyn!!!

I might change my icon to be her.

re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

yeah.

dancingthrulife04
#658re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 5:39pm

Robyn is awesome! I want to see her as Holly.

bwayondabrain
#659re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 5:40pm

me too! ive heard such great things about her in like the few times shes been on as Holly!
what other roles does she play, though? all i know of is Donatella

dancingthrulife04
#660re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 5:44pm

She covers all of the tracks that Cara covered. Donatella, Fake Mrs. Reagan, etc.

She was FUNNY as Donatella.

bwayondabrain
#661re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 5:51pm

So I've heard :)

"Shane! He's hurting my feelings!"

Maggie_May
#662re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 5:57pm

Hahaha I think it's funny that a lot of my remarks are in the comment by Theresa. If you read what I said, I stated that I did enjoy Constantine's performance the first two times I saw him. In fact he had me laughing so hard I was crying. But on Saturday he WAS pretty awful.He acted like Sammy was mentally disabled. Yes Sammy isn't the brightest crayon in the box but there is a way to play it. I think his voice isn't too bad but you don't really get to hear his voice much in that role. A LOT of people said he was better at the beginning of his time there. Yes, I enjoy Matthew better. And I think when Matthew is on that stage he IS Sammy and I always enjoyed each performance.I said true talent because I think he deserved to be on that stage more then Constantine. I am allowed to feel this way and I am allowed to state that.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#663re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 6:31pm

anybody else see his final performance?

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#664re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 11:06pm

Has the girl with golden hair been on lately?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

carymetorent2
#665re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 12:52am

Richard was out yesterday. He hurt his neck and will hopefully be back in tomorrow. I feel bad, he is busting himself for two shows and he is injured!

carymetorent2
#666re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 12:52am

Double post!! um...no i dont think tina was on yesterday at least!

Updated On: 12/5/06 at 12:52 AM

xerotheory7803
#667re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 12:59am

i was at sundays show. tina was not on as julia. constantine was good. but ill be glad to see matt come back. itll be nice to see the show without the rabid constantine fans again.

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#668re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:30am

That's one thing about the stage door: all the Constantine fans. I was shocked to see as many people as there were when I saw it 2 weeks ago at a Sat matinee. But then I thought about it and Constantine was the answer. There were too many people that I didn't even stay to get him to sign my playbill - it wasn't worth it.

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

bwayondabrain
#669re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:46am

Freckles, I love your avatar! :)

That'll be me in 23 days!!

Yeah

Anyone going to Matthew's first performance back tonight?

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#670re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 11:30am

matthew and spencer are back tonight!

ive got a little over a week til im back there!

and yea, if anyone goes tonight, reviews please! lol.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

froggy2
#671re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 12:42pm

I'm going tonight. Good gracious, it is FREEZING outside. I could barely stand out there for 5 minutes before they let us in to get our tickets!

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#672re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 12:43pm

How many people were at rush this morning, just out of vague curiosity....

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

froggy2
#673re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 12:54pm

There were 3 people in front of me - I think they were all together and only got 3 tickets, but I could be wrong. They let me go before them because they wanted to sit more to the left. Another girl came after me, and they let her go before them, too.

I felt bad because they'd been standing out there since like 7AM. They said the last time they came - a weekday, there was a huge line in front of them - when they told me that I was like, "Whaaa?" and then I realized on my way back to work that that was the night it was planned for Christina to go on as Julia. That was the only weekday rush line that hasn't been dead lately.

But seriously, they must have been FROZEN. I strolled up to the box office at like 9:57.

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#674re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 2:06pm

awww, i feel bad for them. that sucks!

anyone rushing this weekend? if u are, ler me know how it is.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

Videos