Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
#51

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

Very excited to see Austin Scott get a meaty starring role. He is so immensely talented and I'm happy so many more people will discover him through this show.
#52

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

Yeah, I couldn’t think of two less appealing stars. Very disappointing, I have such an affection for this show.
#53

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

Without the in the round staging how “innovative” can this production be?

#54

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

sondheimfan2 said: "I’m a little confused by the DAMN YANKEES Broadway casting…

I didn’t realize Austin identifies as a POC. Sorry.
"

Some of y'all are looking for anything to complain about. Maybe I just love this show


I'm just here so I don't get fined
#57

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

White Yankees

Whatever White Folks Want

We Gotta Have White

Two White Souls


Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
#58

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

blaxx said: "White Yankees

Whatever White Folks Want

We Gotta Have White

Two White Souls


"



Girl there's literally a POC in the leading role.

#59

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

Gotta say, I like the picture of the three of them in the Great Hall.

I’ve always felt like I can hear the ghosts of Yankees past, present and future if I walk through that area when I visit the Stadium.


“I am furious, but I am sailing.”

Updated On: 9/27/26 at 09:48 PM

#60

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

blaxx said: "White Yankees

Whatever White Folks Want

We Gotta Have White

Two White Souls


"

Again, Austin... literally Black. Black. It's on his Backstage Resume. Has played Seaweed in Hairspray. Collins in Rent. Benny in In The Heights. Like... what is going on in people's heads?

#62

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

Actor Austin Scott identifies or casts as Black / African American or multiracial/mixed.

The most needed recast is Gloria Thorpe from the DC production. The weakest link. Let's hope the show raised the bar on that role.

#63

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

blaxx said: "White Yankees

Whatever White Folks Want

We Gotta Have White

Two White Souls


"

What on Earth are you talking about? We very clearly have a black actor cast in the lead role. Are you reaching that hard to find something to complain about?

#65

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

Several people I know signed up for advance notice of ticket sales, yet no one received an email that tickets are now onsale (on broadwaydirect.com). Seems to me that telling the interested people who bothered to sign up that tickets are now onsale would be smart promotion, but what do I know? <SMH>

Updated On: 9/28/26 at 10:52 AM

#66

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

TarHeelAlan said: "Several people I know signed up for advance notice of ticket sales, yet no one received an email that tickets are now onsale (on broadwaydirect.com). Seems to me thattelling the interested people who bothered to signupthat tickets are now onsale would be smart promotion, but what do I know? "

Didn't they go on sale yesterday with the announcement? What is there to wait for?


I'm just here so I don't get fined
#67

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

$400 for 6th row Orchestra Center seats for the first preview?!! Go ph**k yourself. Geez.

#68

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

GottaGetAGimmick420 said: "TarHeelAlan said: "Several people I know signed up for advance notice of ticket sales, yet no one received an email that tickets are now onsale (on broadwaydirect.com). Seems to me thattelling the interested people who bothered to signupthat tickets are now onsale would be smart promotion, but what do I know? "

Didn't they go on sale yesterday with the announcement? What is there to wait for?
"

Not everyone saw that announcement, me included. I only found out the tickets were onsale when I checked the ticketing platform this morning. Made me wonder why I had bothered to sign up for notification--it's the first time I've done that for a show when I've not received some sort of email alert.

#69

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

TarHeelAlan said: "GottaGetAGimmick420 said: "TarHeelAlan said: "Several people I know signed up for advance notice of ticket sales, yet no one received an email that tickets are now onsale (on broadwaydirect.com). Seems to me thattelling the interested people who bothered to signupthat tickets are now onsale would be smart promotion, but what do I know? "

Didn't they go on sale yesterday with the announcement? What is there to wait for?
"

Not everyone saw that announcement, me included.I only found out the tickets were onsale when I checked the ticketing platform this morning.Made me wonder why I had bothered to sign up for notification--it's the first time I've done that for a show when I've notreceived some sort of email alert.
"



The same thing happened to me with Spring Awakening.

#70

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

BrodyFosse123 said: "$400 for 6th row Orchestra Center seats for the first preview?!! Go ph**k yourself. Geez."

Given their terrible cover art, they are obviously touting NPH as the big celebrity, but I wonder if he can still command such prices. I think people wanted to see all three men in Art so those prices made sense, but his last musical was 12 years ago. I miss special preview pricing. Sigh.


wck.org
#71

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

Sutton Ross said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "$400 for 6th row Orchestra Center seats for the first preview?!! Go ph**k yourself. Geez."

Given their terrible cover art, they are obviously touting NPH as the big celebrity, but I wonder if he can still command such prices. I think people wanted to see all three men in Artso those prices made sense, but his last musical was 12 years ago. I miss special preview pricing. Sigh.
"

Agree with you 100% on the lack of preview pricing. That said, a random look at a few performances looks like the $350-$400 seats are moving pretty well. (Unless of course they're holding back seats there.) Not so much the cheaper seats in rear orch, and the mezzanine so far is barely touched.

#72

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

RippedMan said: "Without the in the round staging how “innovative” can this production be?"

I can see a world where they can do something innovative by putting "baseball stands" on stage and having the home base being downstage center. If they were so daring.

But innovative is definitely in modernizing the script and adding Joe as a black character.




"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
#73

Re: Re: Damn Yankees Revival 2027

everythingtaboo said: "Tag said: "Why in the world would Austin Scott be above the title?"

I think because the new script really centers on Joe, I really felt in DC Applegate was a co-lead to himthan being the star role. (Which again, makes me so sad about the billing.)
"

Applegate barely felt like a co-lead. I saw/listened to it dozens of times and each time Rob came out for final bow I was like “oh that’s right Applegate is supposed to be the lead.” Rob McClure was great though and could’ve won a Supporting Actor Tony for this.

Latest Posts

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59