News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 16

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

NHous
#375FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 12/14/16 at 4:31am

Is Betsy Wolfe still doing the musical or is that just a rumor?

#376FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 1/4/17 at 3:40pm

Anyone have Frozen Bway updates?  Casting etc?  Things have seemed to get really quite.  

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#377FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 1/4/17 at 4:03pm

NHous said: "Is Betsy Wolfe still doing the musical or is that just a rumor?"

Nothing is official. Betsy Wolfe and Patti Murin did the month long Lab at the end of 2016.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

neonlightsxo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#379FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 1/4/17 at 5:47pm

I personally would now LOVE to see Kerstin Anderson (recently Maria in Jack O'Brien's tour of "The Sound of Music" ) as Anna

Updated On: 1/4/17 at 05:47 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#380FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 1/4/17 at 9:00pm

1. So glad we know the date of the Broadway openings

2. Where's the Duke?

3. A Oaken song? Really?

Updated On: 1/4/17 at 09:00 PM

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#381FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 1/4/17 at 9:17pm

Maybe the Duke is in the ensemble. Also it looks like Grand Pabbie, Bulda and the rock trolls are being reworked into more human like characters, judging from the casting notice.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#382FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 11:03am

Hell to the no. The Duke of Weselton shouldn't be an ensemble role. People forget about him because they focus on Hans as the villain, but truly...he's just as bad and has a pretty significant part in the story. Maybe they already have someone in mind?

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#383FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 11:26am

Yeah they probably have someone in mind for the Duke.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#384FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 1:16pm

Weselton has been a principal role in the previous developmental phases of the show, not a featured ensemble role. That's not to say that can't change, of course. Eric Anderson has been playing the part.  

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

A1st
#385FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 1:31pm

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) said: "Yeah they probably have someone in mind for the Duke.

"

TERRENCE MANN AS THE DUKE!!! Yeah I know it won't happen but I would just be so happy if it did!

JennH
#386FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 2:21pm

^^^ You know, I'm not wholly averse to that idea..it's a pipe dream for sure, but I like this idea a lot. 

I don't think they COULD make him featured ensemble, because he's on stage when much of the rest of ensemble is too, it'd be strange. Just make him a minor principal. 

Oaken can be featured ensemble though. And what's this about an Oaken song?? I don't know of any named character in this that doesn't already have a song that actually needs one...He doesn't, the Duke doesn't, even the parents don't. Oaken and the parents are the most minor of named characters, it would be senseless since they don't warrant one, and the Duke while POSSIBLY a large enough role to have one, doesn't actually NEED one. A few solo lines here and there for an "arrival to Arendelle" ensemble musical number maybe, but heck that musical number isn't necessary itself, considering the already existing song that would follow it within 5 minutes or less.

Updated On: 1/5/17 at 02:21 PM

Cfried
#388FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 5:48pm

I'm genuinely disappointed that Betsy is no longer involved.

curel1
#389FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 5:50pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "https://www.broadway.com/buzz/187750/exclusive-caissie-levy-to-let-it-go-in-broadway-bound-frozen-co-starring-patti-murin/

Oh, God. 

"

Aww, no Betsy FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway 

Im not too familiar with Caissie, what's wrong with her?

disneybroadwayfan22
#390FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 5:50pm

Disappointed that it isn't Betsy, but Cassie is divine. Wish it was Laura Osnes as Anna, but Patty is great!! Cant wait to see who's next

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#391FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 5:51pm

maybe it's just me, but this feels like a massive trainwreck starting to gain some steam. How badly can Disney screw this up?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

disneybroadwayfan22
#392FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 5:52pm

Wait! This is the leads of the WORKSHOP of Frozen. Why are they announcing it? So there's a chance that Betsy is going to do it!

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#393FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 5:55pm

I think Caissie I'd perfect for this and thought of her doing this right when the musical was announced! However, this does just say a private spring lab, so maybe Betsy is still attached, but isn't doing the lab.  

Whateverjsays
#394FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 5:55pm

No offense to Caissie, but I've lost all interest in this without Betsy. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#395FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 5:56pm

I am honestly so disappointed with this casting and can only hope to some higher power that it changes by the time the show lands on Broadway.*

*Edit: by which I specifically mean Betsy Wolfe playing Elsa and literally anybody else playing Anna. Sorry. I'll be blunt about it. Love Caissie Levy but I don't think this is the role for her.

Updated On: 3/1/17 at 05:56 PM

disneybroadwayfan22
#396FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 5:58pm

Again, guys: it's the lab. It's not official 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#397FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:01pm

It's a new director. New directors often like to recast when they take over a project. I'd be surprised if anyone involved in the cast under Mr. Timbers direction  is moving forward with the project.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

getatme
#398FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:02pm

Can't speak much about Patti, but Caissie is contracted for the lab, Denver, and Broadway. There is, of course, a chance that things will change. But she is the Elsa they want on Broadway.

Kimbo
#399FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:05pm

"I'd be surprised if anyone involved in the cast under Mr. Timbers direction  is moving forward with the project."

Well yes, but Patti is still involved.  Truth is there've been rumors circulating for a week or two that for whatever reason, their decision or hers, Betsy was not moving forward with the project.

Videos