News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates- Page 6

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates

corbucketty
#125Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 2:57pm

Also to anyone who’s mad about people showing up so early about rush: maybe, JUST MAYBE, the problem isn’t everyone getting up early to rush a show, but the fact that Broadway has become so inaccessible to those who are not extremely financially secure that people need to spend 11 hours outside the theater on their day off for an affordable ticket to a popular show.

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#126Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 3:36pm

Pretty sure anyone can stand in line as long as they want, this is not Times Square in the 80s.

Broadway tickets are not a need in this world. If you cannot afford something, you don't get to go. That's life typically. There are options like rush and sro that they don't need to offer, but they kindly do. Be grateful. They are running a business, like any other.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#127Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 4:05pm

corbucketty said: "Also to anyone who’s mad about people showing up so early about rush: maybe, JUST MAYBE, the problem isn’t everyone getting up early to rush a show, but the fact that Broadway has become so inaccessible to those who are not extremely financially secure that people need to spend 11 hours outside the theater on their day off for an affordable ticket to a popular show. "

This.

”Must be nice to have money.”

”No s$it.”

LxGstv
#128Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 4:18pm

If queuing up overnight for tickets were such a dangerous act, SNL wouldn’t hand out their tickets the way they do, which people sometimes line up for 2 nights... even in the freezing weather, which would be more of a danger than anything else really...

yesraccoons Profile Photo
yesraccoons
#129Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 8:18pm

bdn223 said: "corbucketty said: "Yesterday we got there at 11:30pm after seeing a show the night before (easier than going home and coming back). We were three people and getting four for the evening and two for the matinee. Someone showed up about twenty minutes later and was getting two for the matinee. The next people showed up at 1:40am and got two for the evening. I don’t know if anyone after them got rush but I know they did.

Seats for rush were row C and L all the way off to the sides and one seat in each box. Same for matinee and evening. There were no pairs, only singles. Our group was split up.
"

I’m sorry, but thats both crazy and dangerous. No rush ticket is worth waiting 12.5 hoursfor. In doing a basic time-benefit analysis of working a minimum wage job, you could of earned $187.5 in that time, which is more the a standard ticket. It is not something to be proud of, nor beneficial to anyone including yourself. People like you are the reason why shows end up having to switch from rush to a lottery system such asKinky Boots and Aladdin because you become a liability to the theater owners. Thus hurting many people’s chances of seeing a show at a discounted rate since lotteries don’t guarantee a seat compared to a rush. I get showing up at maybe 5 am for a really hot ticket, but sleeping overnight causes everyone to loose.
"

I can’t think of a single person who rushes when they could be working. People don’t take off work to rush. They rush because even with the $ they make from working they still can’t afford theater tickets and want to see the show. If you’re making that $187 you could spend it on one or two tickets and not have to wait. Or, you could see four shows by waiting on lines. 

But to the liability point, that is a fair thing to mention. It’s not a liability if you have lots of people but if you’re alone or with just a friend it can be. There have been times I’ve felt unsafe in rushing with just a friend so we got off the rush line and came back another friend arrived. Though to be fair I am a small young looking person. 

UncleCharlie
#130Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 12:23am

corbucketty said: "Also to anyone who’s mad about people showing up so early about rush: maybe, JUST MAYBE, the problem isn’t everyone getting up early to rush a show, but the fact that Broadway has become so inaccessible to those who are not extremely financially secure that people need to spend 11 hours outside the theater on their day off for an affordable ticket to a popular show."

So tired of this argument, largely because it's not true. Relatively inexpensive tickets are available to 75-80% of the currently running Broadway shows. There is plenty of great theater to see on and off Broadway at a decent price. But people always try to portray all of Broadway as represented by the one or two hottest shows of the season and love making generalizations about Broadway as a result. It's like people who can't afford a BMW saying only the rich can afford cars. If people have to wait a year or two to see a huge hit on Broadway at a decent price, life goes on.

corbucketty
#131Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 1:59am

UncleCharlie said: "corbucketty said: "Also to anyone who’s mad about people showing up so early about rush: maybe, JUST MAYBE, the problem isn’t everyone getting up early to rush a show, but the fact that Broadway has become so inaccessible to those who are not extremely financially secure that people need to spend 11 hours outside the theater on their day off for an affordable ticket to a popular show."

So tired of this argument, largely because it's not true. Relatively inexpensive tickets are available to 75-80% of the currently running Broadway shows.There is plenty of great theater to see on and off Broadway at a decent price. But people always try to portray all of Broadway as represented by the one or two hottest shows of the season and love making generalizations about Broadway as a result. It's like people who can't afford a BMW saying only the rich can afford cars. If people have to wait a year or two to see a huge hit on Broadway at a decent price, life goes on.
"

When you’re selling tickets in the balcony of the Kerr for $120, that’s like selling a used toyota for a BMW price. There’s no reason why tickets should be SO financially inaccessible that someone should have to sit outside a theater for upwards of ten hours so that they can see a show. Will I do it? Yes. Will I speak up about how the current system surrounding the economics of Broadway is severely messed up? Absolutely.

theaterlyfe19
#132Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 3:10am

When you get down to it, Broadway is a business. And their business in particular has to deal with supply and demand. They can’t lower ticket prices just because so many people want to see it who can’t. There are production costs, things to pay for so the show can continue to be there. So when the demand for tickets becomes so high that they don’t have enough of a product to go around, that’s when rush comes into play. Be thankful it exists?

UncleCharlie
#133Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 4:14am

corbucketty said: "When you’re selling ticketsin the balcony of the Kerr for $120, that’s like selling a used toyota for a BMW price. There’s no reason why tickets should be SO financially inaccessible that someone should have to sit outside a theater for upwards of ten hours so that they can see a show. Will I do it? Yes. Will I speak up about how the current system surrounding the economics of Broadway is severely messed up? Absolutely."

You don't have to sit outside for upwards of 10 hours so that you can see a show. You have to do it to see THAT show. As I said and you don't appear to have grasped, that's not representative of all or even most of Broadway so saying Broadway has become inaccessible is not just wrong, it's silly. Plenty of great shows for which you could fairly easily get rush tickets with a wait of under 2 hours or even no wait at all, or get $50 or $60 balcony seats again, with no wait at all. But Hadestown is one of, if not the hottest shows right now and you decided you HAVE to see THAT show so you'll either pay or wait in line for the privilege. As others have said, be happy they're offering rush at all.

Broadway61004
#134Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 7:22am

corbucketty said: "UncleCharlie said: "corbucketty said: "Also to anyone who’s mad about people showing up so early about rush: maybe, JUST MAYBE, the problem isn’t everyone getting up early to rush a show, but the fact that Broadway has become so inaccessible to those who are not extremely financially secure that people need to spend 11 hours outside the theater on their day off for an affordable ticket to a popular show."

So tired of this argument, largely because it's not true. Relatively inexpensive tickets are available to 75-80% of the currently running Broadway shows.There is plenty of great theater to see on and off Broadway at a decent price. But people always try to portray all of Broadway as represented by the one or two hottest shows of the season and love making generalizations about Broadway as a result. It's like people who can't afford a BMW saying only the rich can afford cars. If people have to wait a year or two to see a huge hit on Broadway at a decent price, life goes on.
"

When you’re selling ticketsin the balcony of the Kerr for $120, that’s like selling a used toyota for a BMW price. There’s no reason why tickets should be SO financially inaccessible that someone should have to sit outside a theater for upwards of ten hours so that they can see a show. Will I do it? Yes. Will I speak up about how the current system surrounding the economics of Broadway is severely messed up? Absolutely.
"

The only reason balcony seats are $120 is because people are paying $120 for them. If people weren't buying them, they wouldn't cost that much. But like others have said, it's supply and demand, just like any other product on the market. Broadway is a business, not a charity. So it's great they offer affordable tickets sometimes, but if demand is high, there is absolutely no obligation for them to do so.

Broadway61004
#135Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 7:24am

Also, the alternative to selling balcony seats for $120 is selling them for $40, having scalpers buy them up and re-selling them for $120. So who would you rather get the extra $80?

corbucketty
#136Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 7:37am

I never said charge $40 for the balcony but nice way to put words in my mouth. Broadway may be a business but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t question the ethics of their practices. Check your privileges y’all!

Broadway61004
#137Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 8:13am

corbucketty said: "I never said charge $40 for the balcony but nice way to put words in my mouth. Broadway may be a business but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t question the ethics of their practices. Check your privileges y’all! "

Yes, I will check my privilege by complaining about how unfair things are when I'm not given heavily discounted tickets to a Broadway show.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#138Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 8:33am

corbucketty said: "I never said charge $40 for the balcony but nice way to put words in my mouth. Broadway may be a business but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t question the ethics of their practices. Check your privileges y’all! "

Take that up with Hadestown’s producers, who are one of the greediest producing teams on Broadway. After opening to positive, but not universal and total praise they changed most of their tickets to $299 premium seats. This is not traditional and normally only happens after a Tony Sweep. I can only imagine what they will try to charge come June. Theater is a capitalistic industry though so as long as demand is there as people, such as yourself sleeping out overnight to get discounted tickets creating more buzz and fear of missing out amongst audiences they can continue to increase prices. Thats right, you are partially to blame for tickets prices being so high. 

Relevance81491
#139Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 8:48am

well, this rush has certainly grown more complicated since I did it during previews (I had a feeling that would happen)

anyway, I will be doing the line starting on Tuesday night for the Wednesday matinee. If anyone is interested in paying for both my ticket and their own, I will happily make someone my plus one. Matinee only as I have tickets for a different show Wednesday night. PM me

corbucketty
#140Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 3:08pm

well anyway, my fiancé and I live in the city so if anyone ever wants to pay for our tickets in exchange for us waiting on the rush line for you feel free to PM me.

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#141Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 3:10pm

It seems like the last day that rush truly was easy was Easter. It's not surprising that the rush is now a 2 am start, what is surprising is that it's even like that on weekdays. I'd expect those to be a lot more empty with lines. Isn't this on TKTs sometimes too? How are their TKTs seats, because if I'm being honest the rush I got last time (extreme left orchestra row L) was extremely uncomfortable but I'd be willing to pay at TKTs to see it in better seats again.

corbucketty
#142Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 3:19pm

dearalanaaaa said: "It seems like the last day that rush truly was easy was Easter. It's not surprising that the rush is now a 2 am start, what is surprising is that it's even like that on weekdays. I'd expect those to be a lot more empty with lines. Isn't this on TKTs sometimes too? How are their TKTs seats, because if I'm being honest the rush I got last time (extreme left orchestra row L) was extremely uncomfortable but I'd be willing to pay at TKTs to see it in better seats again."

were you really uncomfortable in that seat? it’s surprising to hear that because I had the same seat on the other side and was fairly comfortable the whole show. I have hip problems too so I was very worried about how I would feel in the seat as far as space goes. or was it not the seat itself that was uncomfortable? just wondering!

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#143Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 3:25pm

corbucketty said: "f I'm being honest the rush I got last time (extreme left orchestra row L) was extremely uncomfortable ."

were you really uncomfortable in that seat? it’s surprising to hear that because I had the same seat on the other side and was fairly comfortable the whole show. I have hip problems too so I was very worried about how I would feel in the seat as far as space goes. or was it not the seat itself that was uncomfortable? just wondering!
"

I wasn't physically uncomfortable, but viewing was difficult. it was orchestra left, so the whole upper part of the stage and Hermes side of the stage was blocked. It has great leg room but for viewing the show itself it's not the most comfortable of seats. I'd rather a box over enduring the show in that seat again.

corbucketty
#144Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/6/19 at 3:34pm

dearalanaaaa said: "corbucketty said: "f I'm being honest the rush I got last time (extreme left orchestra row L) was extremely uncomfortable ."

"

I wasn't physically uncomfortable, but viewing was difficult. it was orchestra left, so the whole upper part of the stage and Hermes side of the stage was blocked. It has great leg room but for viewing the show itself it's not the most comfortable of seats. I'd rather a box over enduring the show inthat seat again.
"

ah okay, makes sense! the left side must be more partial view than the right then, because I could see basically everything besides the piano throughout the show when I saw it. 

cjmclaughlin10
#145Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/8/19 at 10:04am

If anyone could provide an update on SRO for today’s matinee, I would appreciate it. Not getting my hopes up and have backups I mind

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#146Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/8/19 at 11:06am

cjmclaughlin10 said "If anyone could provide an update on SRO for today’s matinee, I would appreciate it. Not getting my hopes up and have backups I mind"

Not looking good -- had a friend rush today and he said that the only things they had left by the time he got up there were $249, partial-view seats for the evening show. Absolutely nothing for the matinee. Not sure if they'll have SRO later but I wouldn't get hopes up. 

jwlundgren91
#147Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/8/19 at 11:08am

I just stopped by the theatre and the guy said if it sells out, they will be available. I started the line. It’s on the TKTS booth, so who knows if it’ll sell out!

cjmclaughlin10
#148Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/8/19 at 11:21am

Great. About 10-15 mins away. Save me a spot!

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#149Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/8/19 at 11:27am

leighmiserables said: "cjmclaughlin10 said "If anyone could provide an update on SRO for today’s matinee, I would appreciate it. Not getting my hopes up and have backups I mind"

Not looking good -- had a friend rush today and he said that the only things they had left by the time he got up there were $249, partial-view seats for the evening show. Absolutely nothing for the matinee. Not sure if they'll have SRO later but I wouldn't get hopes up.
"

Wait they are selling Partial View for $249?!?! I know this is petty, but these prices alone are what make me hope they loose best musical.

Videos